Edited by Seighart, Charmed, Anonymous, estrella sacragon
Stress is due to an inability to resolve a conflict. The end result of stress is mental or physical imbalance of one kind or another as it creates a feeling about guilt, triggers hostility, and stimulates insecurity, anxiety and doubt. It creates a lack of ease. It may even create disease. Because of this you have to stand up and approach the necessity to fight for self-preservation from another angle. I have the list of methods to reduce stress.
- 1Eliminate detail work - Details are not only boring but they break you with their work load.Wherever it is possible to delegate detail work to others. If this is not possible then organize your schedule to absorb details in an orderly manner. Streamline your routine. Keep it efficient. Avoid the frustration of piled-up details. Organize your life. Remember that great deal of stress comes from disorganization, strife and unresolved details.Advertisement
- 2Avoid uncertainty - Stress comes from indecision and frustration.It comes with postponement and procrastination. Don't be uncertain and know where you are going then go for it.Advertisement
- 3Utilize action to defeat stress - No matter how busy you may be, you can always relieve stress by deviation.You can always re-route yourself, change methods, change habits. Trade old relative and friends who are anchoring you down.
- 4Neutralize stress with a question and answer period - The question and answer period is a must for anyone under stress.It is an active inactivity in which you have to stop and ask yourself the reason for your current problem. It is a planned move to ferret out fear, understand it and come up with a method of conquering them.
- 5Place no faith in tranquilizers - A tranquilizer is an excuse to hide stress.It is a mask. Trouble looks no different by looking at it through the bottom of empty whiskey or medicine bottles. Admit your problems and replace your stresses with valuable activities and move on.
- 6Be right.Don't be what's left - You can control your stresses by facing up the facts ad retaining a moral bound to that which is right. It is only when you are wrong that you have a feeling of guilt. It is often the feeling of guilt that brings stress. Doing what is right is a catalyst for your conscience and it builds self confidence.
- 7Run, don't walk to outdistance stress - Stress crowds people's minds.The answer to this is start moving. Don't dawdle. Take off as if you have a purpose. The faster pace is for those with more important things to do.
- 8Stand up and be counted - Stress builds in those who have ideas and desires but never voice them.This is true whether it be in a PTA meeting at school or a corporation. Don't hide your wants, never submerge knowledge or your experience. Go ahead and express yourself.
- 9Try smiling during stress - The moment your cheeks lift in a smile, and you make your eyes light up, something happens within you.Try it! Do it now! Smile! Make your eyes laugh. Now try feeling sorry for yourself with a smile on your face and laughter in your eyes. See if you can think of nastiness. Try feeling sorry for yourself and you will find that you can't. Your own smile can conquer stress and erase your fear.
- 10Rise above fear to master stress - Fear, more that stress is an emergency emotion.It is a win or lose ingredient setting you up for fight or flight. Fear is a destructive force in the fabric of your impression circle. To arrest stresses that is cause by fear, you will have to expose it first (determine why you are afraid) then face it.
- 11Be socially acceptable to cut down stress - To lack social finesse is to be unacceptable.You can simply walk up to people and project your hand.
- 12Banish worry - Stress converted to worry is triggered by attention to a persistent fear.To abort worry you can always have faith in yourself, exercise, get out and play, setting up your goals.
- 13Compromise!Then do it! - In a race for a position of popularity your greatest duty is to be tolerant of yourself and of everyone around you. You will have to adapt and adjust to everything around you. Such personality will erase stress that is coming to you.
- 14Daydream to plot your program in advance - You can always anticipate a situation by daydreaming it in advance.You can daydream and live it through, see yourself in action, hear yourself answering questions and see your confidence and your adaptation in handling situation. Simply repeat this on your mind until it is polished and competent. This will cut down the stress in case you encounter it in the future.
- 15Warm up for the big event - Be prepared.Know as much about a product, a circumstance or a person as you can before trying to appear authoritative. Knowledge is power and the kind of power attracts. Nervousness and tension are the result of being unprepared and most stress begins with just lack of warm up.
- 16Maintain your poise - Under no circumstance permit yourself to get rattled.In the midst of conflict find something funny about an adversary. You can simply envision him or her in a ridiculously silly situation and with a smile in your mind you will not be angry.
- 17Close the door when the job is done - No matter how young or old you are, no matter how rich or poor, or what kind of job you have, when your job is done then you must close the door on it.To avoid stress leave your tools or briefcase on the job. Relax in a different atmosphere. Do as you please as long as your method does not conflict to others or contribute to waste or cause someone hurt.
Who is Most Vulnerable to Stress?
People often use the term stress when they feel that they have had enough of the situation. Overloading does not only happen with computers and digital stuff individuals can experience too much pressure in life. Some put their hands in the air and give up. Of course, some people can take the stress in a positive. They can even utilize their stressors as their driving force for survival.
An individual's Outlook can have some bearing on whether or not he sees a state as nerve-racking. Research shows that someone with a positive character will seldom report a stressful encounter. On the other hand, a person with a pessimistic viewpoint often suffers from physical and mental weakness even though the situation is not that awful. Physical activities, proper nutrition, social support, and relaxation, will tremendously help those who are vulnerable to stress.
The following individuals frequently suffer anxiety:
- 1Teenagers are prone to acute stress because of problems regarding their studies, projects and peer pressure.Kids who prefer staying inside their rooms are experiencing anxiety, and it is essential for parents to talk to them. Even infants and small kids can become preys of anxiety because they can hardly respond to situations which are beyond their control.
- 2Parents, particularly, moms are under a lot of episodic, acute stress because they are the ones who are managing the household.First time mothers can undergo various emotional and physical changes during and after pregnancy. Pre-natal and postnatal issues might occur, and the mother should be guided accordingly.
- 3Workers are also experiencing hyperstress if they stay at the site for extended hours.In fact, a manager often stay in his place of work for longer hours just to sort things out like inventory, sales and property check. Nurses and teachers belong to the category of workers who are more inclined to develop stress and despair.
- 4Individuals who are undergoing a painful divorce have the tendency to be attacked by chronic stress.The situation that they are in can be uncontrollable and tragic especially if they are not yet able to cope up with the separation. Both men and women are prone to stress, and there is no exception. Some people think that men are strong enough to handle the situation, but this is not always the case. A lot of males are vulnerable when it comes to stress, and the same is true with the female gender.
- 5Soldiers who just came from their area of dispatch are also susceptible to post traumatic stress because of the sudden change in their surroundings.Lots of military men who had been to dangerous and risky encounters are prone to stress. POWs or prisoners of war need to undergo extensive psychological tests and evaluations. This is to ensure that they can join the society or to go back to their posts. Some people have a strong will to survive the rigors of stress, but a greater number of the population succumbs to this issue. It is a must for a person to manage his stressors and never let himself be vulnerable to anxiety.
How to Know if a Person is Suffering from Stress
Stress has an enormous effect on someone's life. There are even times when a person does not know that he is suffering from stress. While it is true that anxiety and social disorders are an uncontrollable part of daily living, one has to dance through the rain. Stressors have signs and knowing these things will help a person muddle through the situation.
A person knows himself better than anybody else. He knows his limitations and should also be familiar with the scenarios which can lead to anxiety. When one is under lots of stress, there is a tendency for the blood pressure to increase. The blood from the digestive system goes through the muscles. This is the reason why stressed individuals usually suffer stomach trouble, queasiness and liquid bowel movements.
Various kinds of external pressures can cause an individual to suffer anxiety. Outside forces can include any of the following: climatic changes, absence of needed air, energy deficiency, ailment, risks or even someone's negative attitude can directly influence an individual's way of thinking. Psychologists often tell their stressed patients to get rid of bogus company because they are only channeling unpleasant aura.
Scientific studies show that stress is part and parcel of daily living and knowing what is going on can help in managing these anxiety issues.
Signs of Stress
The following are the most common signs of stress:
- 1Mental distress or uneasinessAdvertisement
- 2Troubled way of thinking
- 3Heart palpitations.
- 4Problem focusing on things
- 6Maintaining privacy and staying away from the crowd
- 7Escaping duties and obligations
- 8Uncontrollable feelings of hate
- 10Diarrhea and pain in the digestive tract
- 11Some body parts become rigid
- 12Trouble having enough sleep
- 13Extreme exhaustion.
- 14Sudden increase in heart rate
- 15Presence of skin irritations like rash, breakout and hive
If a person simultaneously experiences these signs, there is a greater chance that they are already suffering from stress. These symptoms can take away someone's life and entire well being. If the sufferer does not act on the problem, he will surely suffer the consequences. It is also imperative that to know several stress triggers so as to prepare for the inevitable.
Most Common Triggers of Anxiety
- 1Financial difficulties including employment problems
- 2Sickness and health-related issues
- 3Misunderstanding and trouble within the family
- 4Peer pressure.
- 5Work-related problems
- 6Difficulties in running the home which necessarily include dealing with kids
- 7Debts and court cases against the sufferer
- 8Growing old.
- 9Trouble coping up with the daily activities and schedules
- 10Examinations and voluminous research and paper works
An individual's activities have the tendency to stimulate anxiety. It is necessary to learn everything about stress management. If a person feels vulnerable to anxiety and the difficulty to control his emotions during the attack, he should seek professional help. It is essential to control these stress elements. Relax and take a deep breath. One should not live a life that is full of anxiety and disorder. Everyone deserves to have peace of mind and happiness!
What is Stress Management
Needless to say, every person is susceptible to anxiety. Single adults, teenagers, married people, and professionals feel anxious at times. The best thing is for the sufferer to handle these stressors. It is true that stressful occurrences are unavoidable. This is the reason why everyone should learn to minimize such risks. Look for activities that can help in handling these issues.
- 1The human body's natural reaction to a stressful environment varies.The hormones in the bloodstream have something to do with this. These chemical messengers can rapidly make changes within the body. The adjustments can lead to sickness and other terrible physical conditions. It is a marvelous thing if the individual can take this risk and use it to his advantage.Advertisement
- 2Anxiety.Anxiety does not always occur as a reaction to circumstances that are pressing and in need of immediate attention. On-going or long term incidents like getting by after an awful divorce, death in the family, transferring to a new home and other similar cases are the most common causes of stress. It is not easy to turn from these stressors, but if a person learns to manage the same, he can go back to his old mental state.
- 3Modifying levels of anxiety.Stress management is the modification of the present anxiety level most especially if the person is already at a chronic stage. Dealing with stressors is crucial in order to improve your day to day activities. Anxiety generates various symptoms, which differ depending, on the character of the sufferer, the situation that he is facing and the severity of his stressors.
- 4Learning to handle stress will help one get out of the depressing state and to prevent further decline in physical wellbeing.Experts say that stress management is the best way for an individual to survive and to get up on his own two feet. This includes counseling and psychological treatment. Stressors can make a person lose your zest as well as your desire to live, and this is not acceptable at all.
- 5There are various ways of going back to a happy and contented lifestyle.Get in touch with the right person who can help deal with these issues. In addition to this, one may also sign up for physical activities to relieve anxiety disorders. Proper diet and regular exercise are extremely beneficial to boost a person's health. It will also help if one can measure his anxiety level. Know more about different programs and manage your stressors.
- 6Every person is unique.As such, one has various requirements when it comes to stress management. Depending upon one's level of tolerance to stressors, he can come up with an appropriate arrangement or a model that will assist in reducing the anxiety levels and promote an optimistic line of thinking. Most often than not, emotional individuals draw too much anxiety because they consider the situation as extremely complicated and challenging one.
- 7Stress management programs will help in controlling and reducing the strains.Always remember that a person is not alone. Thousand or even millions of people stumble upon a stressful situation, but they have survived. Do not think that this problem will cling to the system as long as a person lives. Learn to fight for your future!Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Mental Health
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Charmed, Seighart