Recover a Lost iPhone
Edited by Sean Zylow, Eng
Some people, like me, are a little prone to losing their iOS Device. Yes, I've found it, lying in my friend's bag. How did I find my phone? In this tutorial, I'll explain how to find your device using Find My iPhone on these platforms:
Find Your Lost Device Using Another iOS Device
- 1Go to the Find My iPhone app.On devices using iOS 8 and above.Advertisement
- 2Go to the virtual Find My iPhone app.On devices using iOS 7 and below, go to Safari, then log in to iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID.Advertisement
- 3From here, choose the device you want to find, using the drop down box at the top.
- 4Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > On.You have to enable GPS in your phone to locate your device on a map.
- 5You can choose to lock your device, allow your contact number to appear on the lost device's screen, or remotely erase your device.
- If you lock your device, another person who finds it cannot access your phone and your device will be placed in lock mode, until you verify that your device can be unlocked.
- If you allow your contact number to appear on your device (make sure to choose an alternative number), the person who finds it can contact you using your device.
- If you remotely erase your device, your apps and data will be erased, and your phone will be placed in Activation Lock until you supply it with your Apple ID. To erase your device needs your Apple ID.
Find your list device using Windows
- 1You need a compatible browser to use iCloud.com:If you are using Windows to find your device, it will be the same method for finding your device with Safari.Advertisement
- Safari v2.0 and above.
- Internet Explorer v9 and above.
- Google Chrome.
- 2Find My iPhone has to be enabled on your lost device. By default, this option is on. Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > On.Another thing to note:Advertisement
Good luck with finding your lost device!
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Sean Zylow