Recover a Lost Android
Edited by Sean Zylow, Eng
Hi! You're looking at the VisiHow tutorial on recovering your lost Android, and how to locate it.
- 1First things first, your Android device has to be registered with your Google account.Advertisement
- 2Scroll down and you'll see a result (below all the ads) titled Android Device Manager. It has to be under a Google website.Go to Google and type in Android Device Manager.Advertisement
- 3Sign in with your Google account to continue.Click on it and you'll be brought to a login page.
- 4Depending on your network status, and whether your lost device has GPS turned on, your device may not be found.If you have multiple devices, select the device you want to locate in the drop down box.
- 5If Google has found your device, you will see the time it was located, the location of the device on a map (of which the accuracy is stated) and some options.
- Ring your device. Your device will ring at full volume for five seconds, and will only stop when it's Power button is pressed. Google will ask twice to ring your device.
- Lock your device. This option is only available in selected phones. You can choose to lock your device if it is storing sensitive information. Until you get your device back, no one can access your device. Google will ask you to set a temporary password to lock your device.
- Set up Lock & Erase. This will also follow Option 2, locking your device. But, there is a twist to this option. Once you lock it, all data and apps on your device will be erased, and your device will be placed in Activation Lock, meaning that it will be secured with the temporary password you set.
- 6If you have chosen Option 2 or 3, you'll have to type in the temporary password, and the lock code you set on your device.Found your device?Advertisement
Thanks for looking at this tutorial! Good luck on finding your device.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Recover a Lost Android. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Recover_a_Lost_Android
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Recover a Lost Android." VisiHow, visihow.com/Recover_a_Lost_Android Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Recover a Lost Android." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Recover_a_Lost_Android.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Sean Zylow