Recover Deleted SMS on a Mobile Phone
Edited by abdoul sow, Robbi, Lynn, Melsan and 2 others
A primary SMS has arrived on your phone, and you just deleted by mistake? Do not tear your hair out; there is a solution to recover it. Remember that it is possible to see deleted SMS from a SIM card. Follow this guide.
- 1USB SIM card reader) on eBay or in a specialty store.First, you must buy a SIM card reader with the USB format (English:Advertisement
- 2After you retrieve your purchase, install the CD that comes with your SIM card reader or download software often available on the manufacturer's website.Advertisement
- 3Remove the SIM card in question from your mobile phone, and place the chip in the card reader SIM.
- 4Connect the SIM card reader to your computer.
- 5After your computer has detected the USB key, open the software that you installed earlier.
- 6The list of messages on the SIM card will be displayed.Go to "File" and then "Read Text Messages".
- 7You will find in this list, the messages that have been deleted are printed in red and those that have not been erased are in black.
Alternate way of recovering deleted SMS
Another way of recovering SMS without costing you more depends from the phone that you are using. If you have a smart phone like Android, Blackberry and any other smart phones, you can simply recover those. However, this would depend if you made a back up on your phone data to a computer. Just like Samsung phones or iPhones that you can recovery deleted files from your back up. For Android phone, it includes PC suite that you can manage your phone data and create a back up to a computer. If you made a back up to a computer. Simply connect the phone via USB and make sure that the USB debugging is being enabled and restore the SMS on your mobile phone. Again, this would depend if you made a back up recently.
Things to Consider in SMS Recovery Function
- 1If you are eventually selling off your phone or giving it away to someone else, if you did not fully erase your phone, there are ways to retrieve previous messages. Therefore, if you know for a fact that you have some sensitive messages and information there, you may want to make sure that you do a complete wipe off before giving your phone to someone else. If you can't do a complete wipeout, it's best to just keep your phone.It may be a threat to your privacy.Advertisement
- 2If in the past you despair when you delete a very important message, rest assured now that this is not a problem anymore since there is a reliable way to retrieve previous messages. Just follow the steps mentioned above and you should have no problem getting back that important message.There is no need to fret about lost messages.
- 3This function encourages honesty because you know for a fact that if you are trying to deny a message that you sent or you are trying to say that you said something else, there will always be a way to track it down and the truth can easily come out.It would be difficult to deny a message that you actually sent.
- 4SMS are now becoming a well-considered evidence in a case. Therefore, if you'd like to review a previous message but you have already deleted that from your phone, you can run the recovery process. This can then be submitted to your lawyer as part of your evidences for the case.It may be used as a strong evidence in lawsuits.
- 5Before you do this, you need to make sure that your phone actually still has enough space to accommodate what you will recover. Although one message may not really occupy too much of memory, when messages are combined together, that will take up a lot. Therefore, make sure you allocate space for this, otherwise, the recovery may not be able to finish up successfully.You would need a good amount of storage space if you are trying to recover all previous SMS in a phone.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Melsan, Lynn