Recover Android Device in case of Forgot password/pattern unlock an Android device Android 5.0 and Higher vs Android 4.4 or Lower vs Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My Mobile ... and 3 more
Edited by Raj, Charmed, Reema, Eng and 42 others
What to do when you've forgotten your unlock pattern or password on your Android device'
If you forgot the password or pattern that locks your Android device, or a child or relative was playing with it and entered the wrong password, pin code, or pattern enough times that it's now locked, this guide will help you. Whatever the reason, in this wiki we will cover exactly what to do to unlock your Android phone.
Android tightened up security when they released Lollipop 5.0. The option to reset your pin/password/pattern via your Google account was removed, and will only work on devices running Android 4.4 or lower. This update made it impossible for hackers to bypass the lock screen unless they know the actual pin/password/pattern. The downside, unfortunately, is that in the event of a forgotten password, pin code, or pattern, you're left with one less option to recover.
If you have a Samsung device, there is an option to unlock your screen remotely via Samsung's free, Find My Mobile service. You'll need to have an account created beforehand of course, but don't worry, we'll go through the entire process below. If you have something other than a Samsung device, your manufacturer may have a similar service in place, you'll have to check their website. If however, you're running an older version of Android, like Kitkat or lower, you may be able to unlock your screen with your Google Account. For those of you running anything above Android 5.0, the only option beyond a custom recovery solution (setup prior to being locked out) or paid third-party software, is performing a hard or factory reset. Please remember that if you do perform a factory reset, you will need access to the original Google account you used with the device.
Although a factory reset seems like a drastic solution, it's really not the end of the world. There is the possibility to recover your data before performing a hard reset that we'll discuss later in this article. If you end up doing a factory reset, you can then put something in place in the event you forget your password/pin/pattern in the future.
- Note that if you are trying to Factory Reset a Digital 2 tablet, you'll need to follow a different set of instructions, explained in our guide on how to factory reset a Digital2 D2 tablet.
Method 1: Android 5.0 and Higher
When Android updated to Lollipop, the option to change the lock screen pin code, password, or pattern via your Google account was removed. Because of this, the only other options are; unlock your screen with Find My Mobile (Samsung), performing a hard reset, or using paid third party software.
- 1 Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My Mobile
- 2 Remove Lock Screen Password with Dr. Fone
- 3 Perform a Factory Reset
- 4 Unlock Screen using Your Google Account
- 5 Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My Mobile
- 6 Perform a Factory Reset
- 7 Recovering Data
- 8 Manual Factory Reset
- 9 Remote Factory Reset
- 10 Marshmallow
- 11 Lollipop
12 Questions and Answers on Android Password Problems
- 12.1 The system cannot find the path specified on CD Android-sdk\platform-tools\?
- 12.2 In the Google Account Recovery page, I forgot the cell phone number that I used during registration. I cannot remember it no matter how hard I try, what will I do?
- 12.3 Pressing and holding the Power, volume down and camera buttons simultaneously does not work for me, what are the other key combinations?
- 12.4 How to get the pattern lock back on phone?
- 12.5 I have downloaded the McAfee software in my mobile, and then I opened the lock of that software, but my mobile has been locked, and I do not know about pin, help?
- 12.6 I entered password in security but password says does not match?
- 12.7 Good morning sir I have the problem with too many pattern attempts on my phone and it asks the email and password but actually, I do not know that one so please help me to solve this problem
- 12.8 I have an Android phone, and I forgot my pin number, and I had the option to don't display forgotten password icon after too many attempts have been entered. How can I reset my phone without taking it to the store? I have to take it to the show I will
- 12.9 The tab which I'm having is of mapmyindia and it has Android 2.1 so can you please tell how to unlock it.
- 12.10 I can't open the phone which is blocked and it is the Chinese language in Settings? How to open it without net it is too tough can you please help me?
- 12.11 How to reset my Vigo Tablet? please help?
- 12.12 HOW TO RECOVER MY TAB AS IT IS LOCKED WiFi AND USB DEBUG IS OFF?
- 12.13 How to unlock your Tablet if you know your Gmail ID but there is no internet access?
- 12.14 After restore factory settings to my Tablet Android it says can not open to camera what should I do?
- 12.15 Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device. It's telling me the device is not compatible?
- 12.16 My CMS lock screen doesn't seem to be working?
- 12.17 My Android device does not have forgot pattern or password
- 12.18 My Android device does not have volume buttons. How can I reset the device? I have a Digital Tablet or D2
- 12.19 When I release the buttons to reset my Android unit, it just goes back to pattern screen. Why?
- 12.20 I think my wife is cheating on me and I want to bypass her lock screen to check her messages, emails, and other stuff
- 12.21 How to put Gmail account to an Android 4.1 in an itel Android phone
- 12.22 I'm at my home with WiFi, but the WiFi is not on so it won't connect
- 12.23 I have my phone locked out for more than a month now and it is not connected to the internet. How can I open the phone without resetting?
- 12.24 Which SDK do I need to download?
- 12.25 What can I do if I did not put an email to my Android phone and how can I connect it to the internet?
- 12.26 I do not know my AT&T username and password, what should I do first?
- 12.27 I pressed the suggested buttons but did not get the recovery menu. What to do next?
- 12.28 Someone played on my phone and when I tried to unlock it, it keeps on asking for email address that I do not know
- 12.29 What if I forgot my email and password. How can I unlock my phone?
- 12.30 I have an Android 4.4 and it has no forgot password button
- 12.31 I forgot the password to unlock the phone, what do I need to do?
- 12.32 My WiFi is off on my Android device, and I can not access it through Gmail ID, after too many wrong patterns attempts
- 12.33 I tried but it does not work it is just some pictures green robot
- 12.34 Install what exactly?
- 12.35 I got my daughter a Tablet PC Android 4.1.3 7" for Christmas she did not put a Google account on it but did put a password, it has been locked since because she can not remember it. I have tried the power and volume buttons it does not work I have no idea how to reset the password since there is no Gmail account connected to it?
- 13 Comments
Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My Mobile
If you have a Samsung account setup, it can be any email address but it would have had to be set up and enabled on your device, prior to you forgetting your password.
Remove Lock Screen Password with Dr. Fone
The following software offers a number of handy Android tools, including lock screen removal. Please note that this is paid software, you can download a free version to ensure your device is supported. This method is also not guaranteed, please use at your own risk. A Factory Reset is the only fail-safe way to unlock your device.
Perform a Factory Reset
If you're not using a Samsung device, the remaining option is to perform a factory reset. This will clear all the data on the phone but you may be able to recover some of your files before you do the reset.
Method 2: Android 4.4 or Lower
Users who are still using Android 4.4 or lower have an additional recovery option.
Unlock Screen using Your Google Account
Once you're locked out for too many pin/password/pattern attempts, you can reset the lock screen password by entering a Google Account and password. It has to be the Google Account that's linked to the device you're locked out of.
- If you cannot remember your Google Account password, enter the email here and follow the instructions to reset your password
Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My Mobile
If you have a Samsung device and account set up, with Find My Mobile Remote Controls enabled, you can bypass the lock screen remotely.
Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My MobileAdvertisement
Perform a Factory Reset
If all else fails, you'll have to perform what is called a "Factory Reset". You'll lose all the data on your device, but there are options to backup your files beforehand.
Method 3: Unlock Screen with Samsung's Find My Mobile
The following steps will work if; you've previously set up a Samsung account, and had "Find My Mobile" remote controls enabled on your device, prior to forgetting your password, pin, or pattern.
- 1Open an Internet browser and go to Find My Mobile and click "SIGN IN".Advertisement
Method 4: Remove Lock Screen Password with Dr. Fone
Dr. Fone for Android is paid software that offers a variety of useful tools. For the purpose of this guide, we will show the steps to remove the password from a lock screen.
*The lock screen removal ONLY currently works with Samsung devices. *Please use extreme caution when using any third party programs.
- 1Go to the Android Device Manager and sign in with any Google account linked to your device.First you need to obtain the model number of your device.
- 5Visit Android Data RecoveryNext we need to download the software.
Method 5: Perform a Factory Reset
If you're unable to unlock your screen with the above-mentioned methods, you're going to have to perform a factory reset. This will delete all the data from your device. You may be able to backup some of your files before you continue with a hard reset. You'll also need access to the original Google Account you set up with the device. If you don't have access to that account, you'll have to bypass Factory Reset Protection (FRP).
If you have a Samsung device and have access to a PC, you may be able to connect your phone and copy files over. Please read through the following article for advice on backing up your device before you carry on with a factory reset.
- Reset Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note2, Note3 Without Losing Data
- If you have an SD card in your device, safely remove it before performing a factory reset.
Manual Factory Reset
To perform a manual factory reset on your device, follow the steps below. If you prefer to see the following steps via video, click on one of the links below these instructions.
- 1Turn off your Android device.
- 2If your mobile device does not have a camera function, simply press-and-hold the "power" and "volume down" buttons.Press and hold the "power", "volume down", and "camera" buttons simultaneously.
- 3Release the buttons once your Android device is powered on.
- 7This will erase all of your data, but it will allow you to unlock your Android device.
Factory Reset Videos
Remote Factory Reset
If your device is connected to the internet, you can sign into the Android Device Manager with your Google Account credentials, and perform a factory reset remotely.
- 1To access the Android Device Manager Visit the following link and sign in with a Google Account that's linked to your locked device.
Bypass Google's Factory Reset Protection
If for whatever reason you no longer have access to the original Google Account linked to the device, you'll have to bypass Google's Factory Reset Protection.
For more information on bypassing FRP, please see the videos below:
- Rootjunky's FRP Bypass Tutorial for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Rootjunky's FRP Bypass Tutorial for All Samsung devices
- Rootjunky's FRP Bypass tutorial for HTC Desire M8/9/10
Method 6: Add a Recovery Option to Prevent Future Lockouts (Samsung Devices)
The following steps will show how to enable Find My Mobile on either Lollipop or Marshmallow. You'll need to leave Remote controls for Find My Mobile turned on, at all times, to be able to access the device remotely. The device will also need to be connected to the internet. In the event that you forget your pin/password/pattern, you'll be able to unlock your device with ease.
Questions and Answers on Android Password Problems
The system cannot find the path specified on CD Android-sdk\platform-tools\?
You should not follow the same command. You need to enter the command based on where did you save the Android SDK folder, platform-tools specifically. Take the screenshot below as an example:
- You will notice that the platform-tools folder is located at: E:\New folder\Advanced Android\sdk\platform-tools
- So in command prompt, you will type these commands:
- Type in to change to the directory where the target folder is.
- Type on.
- This is only a guide. Modify the commands based on your folder's exact address. You will then see that there is not an error message on the CDM prompt.
That path will vary depending on where Android SDK is installed on your computer. Please go to your system drive, then open "Program Files" folder and then try to look for an "Android" folder because by default Android SDK is installed there. If you have successfully located Android folder, open it and then open sdk > platform-tools. Now that you are in the platform-tools folder, copy the address in the address bar, then you can now open CMD and then type-in "CD paste the address you have copied here", without the quotes, then hit enter.
See more questions like this: FIRSTLY, HOW MUCH DOES COST? SECONDLY, WHAT IS Android
In the Google Account Recovery page, I forgot the cell phone number that I used during registration. I cannot remember it no matter how hard I try, what will I do?
You still have two more options to get your account back. You can use the email address that you used as the recovery email. Put a tick mark on it and Click on Continue. Google will send you a verification code through that recovery email. If you also cannot access the recovery email, the last option you will have is to verify your identity by answering some questions about your Google account. Click on it to start verifying your account.
You should note that pressing the Power+Volume+Camera buttons is only a generic instruction. Different Android phones have different ways of performing a Hard Reset on them. You need to try which one works for you. One thing in common with most phones is that the Power button is part of the buttons to be pressed and mostly, it is a combination of three keys. You may try any of the usual combinations below, if none worked, leave us a message at the comment section. You can also click on the "No" button on the "Was this helpful option?" and enter the device that you are using.
- Press and hold Power button + Home button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Home button + Volume Up button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Home button
Sometimes the phone key combinations might actually vary depending on the type and kind of a phone. However, you can try using the home button instead of the camera button. Now, also make sure that the phone is turned off before doing the key combinations. The camera button is not a button that you will need to press in order for you to reset your device, you will need to press and hold the power button plus the volume key in order to get to the menu. Also, you will need to perform this process with the device powered down in order to do it correctly.
See more questions like this: Power on problem of Micromax q37
How to get the pattern lock back on phone?
The procedure on how to restore the "Pattern Lock" back differs from phone to another, and from Android version to another. To get a more in depth look on how to restore it, please refer to our VisiHow Get the Pattern Lock Back on the Mobile. If you have removed your pattern lock and will like to apply it back to your device then you can follow the steps below: 1. Go to settings 2. Select Screen Lock from the menu 3. Select which type of password you will like to place on your device which will be "pattern" 4. From here create the pattern on the screen for your device
I have downloaded the McAfee software in my mobile, and then I opened the lock of that software, but my mobile has been locked, and I do not know about pin, help?
This is an issue with the McAfee Android software on your phone. These are what you can do:
- If you do not have a "You used the wrong PIN too many times and your account is locked. " message, then do these:
- Go to the mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click on the "Forgot your PIN" button.
- Instructions will be shown on how to get your PIN.
- Enter the PIN to your phone to unlock your device.
- If you do not have a "You used the wrong PIN too many times and your account is locked. " message, then do these:
- Go to the mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click on the "Forgot your PIN" button.
- Instructions will be shown on how to get your PIN back.
- Log in to mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security's site using the PIN that you have just recovered.
- Click on "Lock" tab. Once loaded, click on "Unlock, " and a command will be sent to your phone to unlock it.
- Note: It may take longer if you do not have an internet connection in your device as additional system process is needed if unlocking is done through SMS.
See more questions like this: How do I unlock my Tablet when it's locked with a pin code
See more questions like this: How to format an Android through the command prompt
See more questions like this: My mobile is China made i.e., disko mobile
I entered password in security but password says does not match?
Android zeepad 7. can not get in at all
You entered the wrong password a one too many times. You need to click on the "forgot password" link and enter your Gmail ID and Password and set a new password. Sometimes, you can wait for a while and re-enter the password and security. If it says, that the passwords that you have entered do not match at all, so the password you have actually entered is wrong. Now, think of your password and try it all over again. But if you can't recover it, then you would have to recover your password by simply tapping the forgotten password and go to Google recovery. You will need to provide your email address (Gmail) and its password but you will need to be connected to the internet via WiFi or data connection. If you can't, you will need to do a Factory Reset. This will delete all apps and data. Do the following to perform a reset:
- turn off Tablet
- press volume up and power button at the same time
- release buttons when Android device flashes
Good morning sir I have the problem with too many pattern attempts on my phone and it asks the email and password but actually, I do not know that one so please help me to solve this problem
You can perform a Hard Reset on your Android phone by following these:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button + Volume Up and wait for your device to turn on. Once it turns on, release the buttons.
- You will be taken to the recovery mode. Highlight "Wipe/Factory data reset" using the Volume button. Confirm action be pressing the Power button.
- Wait for the device to reset. Once done, highlight "Reboot" using the volume keys and confirm the action by pressing the Power button.
- Your phone will restart and has been restored to factory settings. All locks that were set to it have been reset too.
I have an Android phone, and I forgot my pin number, and I had the option to don't display forgotten password icon after too many attempts have been entered. How can I reset my phone without taking it to the store? I have to take it to the show I will
How to reset my Android phone? forgot pin numbers
Perform the following steps on your device so that you can gain access successfully to your device through a Hard Reset: 1. Turn device off 2. Press and hold the volume up button 3. Press and hold the power button 4. Use the volume button to select the Factory Reset button 5. Press the power button to select the option
The tab which I'm having is of mapmyindia and it has Android 2.1 so can you please tell how to unlock it.
There are no documented Hard Reset procedures for your phone yet so you may try to perform a Hard Reset using the Power button and other buttons combination. Question#3 has the possible list of combinations, you may check on it.
I can't open the phone which is blocked and it is the Chinese language in Settings? How to open it without net it is too tough can you please help me?
I forgot my password pattern.and then I would open it via recovery, but I broke up volume key. Can you help me with the other step ..
If you have forgotten your pattern lock and your WiFi/3g data connection is turned off, you won't be able to use the "Forgot Password" option. You also won't be able to open Android system recovery if you have damaged volume keys because almost all of the key combinations to access Android system recovery use Volume key. So, with the current situation, I'm sorry to say that your phone might require service. The best thing you could do for now is to contact your phone dealer. I see that you have stated that you broke the volume key but not sure if you broke the volume up key/down key or both keys. If you have broken these keys then there will be no way for you to Hard Reset the device unless you find a way to use a household item to reach underneath the keys for use.
See more questions like this: What to do when net is not set
See more questions like this: WHAT DO I DO I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT THINGS
See more questions like this: How to open password of my g-tab
How to reset my Vigo Tablet? please help?
I entered my Google username and password to log in but I can not cause there is no internet connection in the Vigo Tablet.
In order for you to be able to get into your Tablet by using the Gmail account that you had set up, you will need to have an internet connection. The Tablet will need an internet connection in order to access this option so understand that without an internet connection you will not be able to perform this option.
See more questions like this: Comment on recupere un schema oublie dans un Tablet comme un mot de passe
HOW TO RECOVER MY TAB AS IT IS LOCKED WiFi AND USB DEBUG IS OFF?
I FORGOT MY PATTERN LOCK BEFORE LOCKING THIS DEVICE WiFi, ETHERNET AND USB DEBUG IS NOT ENABLE SO HOW TO RECOVER THIS TABLET
The simplest way that you can recover your Tablet is to gain internet access or WiFi internet access. Having internet access on your Tablet is vital for recovery just in case that you forgot the pattern or the password lock that you set before. Connecting your Tablet to the computer via USB will not be of help at all. Connecting the Tablet via USB will not let your device gain internet access. Unfortunately, to this kind of situation, your option is to reset the device back to its factory settings. Again, without internet access nor USB debugging enabled will not be of help for you to recover the pattern and password that you forgot. However, reset to factory will be your option ONLY at this point to this kind of situation Before you will reset the Tablet back to factory settings. Please bear in mind that all of your data will be deleted and cannot be recovered, except that you have made a backup to a computer or by simply downloading them back and start from scratch. Here is how you reset an Android device: 1. Turn the device off completely 2. Press and hold the Volume up button first or the + sign. 3. While holding the Volume Up. Press and hold power and wait till you see an Android logo on the screen that will appear or at least 30 seconds then let go of those buttons. 4. Use the volume buttons to navigate and look for reset to factory or wipe, use power to select. At some cases, to navigate is by using volume down and volume up to select. 5. Once you are done resetting the device. Select previous option or menu and select reboot or restart device to reboot. Once it has been rebooted, data will be wiped out and start downloading your apps or recover them if you have it backed up.
How to unlock your Tablet if you know your Gmail ID but there is no internet access?
I have written many times the correct Gmail ID and passwords but due to the internet problem I was unable to unlock
Without having an Internet connection it will be very difficult for you to gain access back to your device by using the Gmail option. One way will be for you to go to an already linked WiFi location so that the device will automatically connect so that you can use the Gmail option. Another way will be for you to do a Factory Reset so that you can regain access but you will lose all of your data on your device. If your only problem is the internet connection you have two choices. Those are you can try to look for some places that allow you to freely connect to their wireless network or purchase a credit from your network provider and enable Data Network to be able to have an internet connection and unlock your phone. Without having the internet in order to unlock through your Gmail account information you are going to need to perform a Factory Reset to your device. You can follow the button combination in this article in order to help for your device to fully Hard Reset itself.
See more questions like this: Hello sir, I tried many times but I couldn't unlock my Tablet please guide me sir to unlock it
After restore factory settings to my Tablet Android it says can not open to camera what should I do?
After restoring factory settings to my Tablet Android it says can not open the camera what should I do?
This error has occurred due to the restoring process on your computer, ensure that you are completely wiping out all the data on the device rather than certain soft wares. Factory reset your device once more but this time ensure that your battery is fully charged and that you select the option to erase all data, also take out your SD card from the device while performing the reset. Here is the step by step for installing SDK on the Android -
- 1Firstly, you need to have a higher version of all operating systems such as Windows XP or higher versions, Mac OS x86 etc.
- 2In order to download and install SDK on your PC, it is necessary for you to have an environment. You can load the environment from one of the following links:The next thing that you need to do is to install an environment.
- 3Download the SDK zip HERE Click on "I Agree" and then click on "Download"After that, you need to download the SDK zip archive which you can download from here:
- 4After that, click "Advanced". Choose "Environment Variables" in there.After that is done, go to "My Computer", Right click on the icon and select "Properties".
- 5Write in the path address over here for installation. The address will be something like my computers/folder name/sub folder name.A new box will appear.
- 6Now, click on the environment that you initially downloaded, click on "install" and upon completion click "finish".
For more details, check this video out - How to Install Android SDK + ADT into Eclipse IDE on Windows OS. (tutorial) Please do the following to fix this problem on your camera.
- Open your Apps list.
- Locate and open Settings.
- Tap on Application, then Manage application.
- Tap on All tab to see the list of all your applications.
- Tap on Camera.
- Tap on Force stop.
- Tap on Wipe cache.
- Tap on Wipe data.
- Then press the home button to go back to your home screen, then open your apps drawer, then open your camera.
- If the problem on your camera still persists, you may have to flash your stock ROM into your phone. Please use VisiHow search button and search for the keyword ""Type-in your Tablet's brand and model here" flashing".
- If all else fails, your phone might require service.
Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device. It's telling me the device is not compatible?
In the step: "Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device." it is telling me the device is not compatible
The Web market actually detects your device while you are connecting to their server using your device, thus they are also checking the compatibility issues so that to prevent further complaints from users. If the application says that it is not compatible with your device then you can't install it on your device. Even though sometimes you could actually install it, there will be some errors like application error or any related to application error might come up when you are trying to run the application.
My CMS lock screen doesn't seem to be working?
I have CMS antivirus on my blue life pro. I can't seem to unlock it in order to access my phone. It doesn't seem to see my finger when I try to trace the pattern. Which is weird because when Facebook notifications came up, I can swipe right to dismiss them. So it doesn't seem like my screen is the issue. Is there a way to access my phone even though my CMS lock refuses to see my finger trace? By the way, it was working fine yesterday till it locked itself because I hadn't used it in over 15 seconds.
Clean your screen with rubbing alcohol. There may be residue that is blocking the app from detecting the swipe. Go to Comodo Antitheft's website and create an account if you have not already. From within that website you can contact them to send you a code to unlock the app if you did not receive one in an email or forgot it.
My Android device does not have forgot pattern or password
Not all Android device has the same options as the other. Features of an Android device depend on the manufacturer and some features may not be present. Such as forgot pattern nor password and any other features. One possible cause as well is that you do not have the forgot password or pattern is that your device is not connected to the internet which the Operating system would not show this option if it detects that your Android unit has no internet. If the Android device you owned does not have this feature, that means that your only option is to use USB debugging if it's being enabled or Factory Reset the phone.
See more questions like this: After choosing reboot option the device is again asking for password which I have forgotten?
Not all Android devices have the same procedure on how you can reset the device back to factory settings. Some Android as well has no Volume button which you cannot perform the reset. Resetting the Tablet on these types of Android device uses a PC Suite or the LiveSuit which you have installed it on PC the one that came in the package. Here is the step by step instructions on how you can reset a Digital 2 Tablet: 1. Install the PC LiveSuit Pack on your computer first 2. After the installation, simply locate the LiveSuit folder and open it. 3. Locate the LiveSuit.exe file and run it to install the Manager or it's Utility 4. Once you run the installation, on the popup window, click on Yes then Mandatory after and hit on Next after. 5. Click on finish after the installation then look for the Firmware in the same folder where you ran the .exe file. It should be named as D2-1105_GMS.img just double check if the file is there 6. Once done, go get your USB cable then connect it to your PC or Laptop computer where you install the LiveSuit 7. On your Tablet, look for the very small button near the micro USB port. You need to press and hold it. 8. While you are holding the small button, connect the Micro USB on your Tablet and check if it's being securely plug-in 9. Go back to your computer and check if there is a popup menu then click on Yes to go next with the update and wait for the progress bar to complete 10. Click on OK once the update has been done. Go back to your Tablet and observe the screen. 11. Do the usual stuff when you first configure the Tablet to use it again. The steps that you have performed is basically reinstalling the firmware and reverting everything back to factory settings. Upon doing so, this will delete all your files that cannot be retrieved unless you have it backed up or re-download those again and start over.
See more questions like this: Asteria97A won't reset with Android devices reset directions?
There are three possible reasons why it keeps going back to pattern again when you attempt to reset your Android device back to factory setting. First reason: You did not press and hold the proper buttons. If the buttons that you press is not the combination buttons, basically the screen would just go back to the pattern that you need to unlock the phone screen again. Second reason: Your Android device may have a different pattern to reset. Some Android device does not require you to press some buttons to access its recovery menu and to perform a Factory Reset. Some manufacturers set other methods to access the recovery menu and do a reset of their Android unit. Some need to be poked in the reset hole or even PC companion for the reset. Third reason: Possible also that you did not turn off the Android unit when you tried to access the recovery menu. Upon accessing it, you need to shut the device completely by taking the battery out or by pressing and holding power and tap turn off then do the buttons for you access it.
I think my wife is cheating on me and I want to bypass her lock screen to check her messages, emails, and other stuff
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the security lock on the phone and you really need to unlock it by entering the correct pattern or its password. If you wanted to know her messages and emails on phone, here are the suggestions to what you can do: 1. If you have a son or daughter, you can ask them to pretend to borrow their mom's phone then pretend that they will text their friends for school related and any other reason that she would let them use her phone. 2. Spy personally for you to have a real time update to where she is going or to know who she is meeting with.
How to put Gmail account to an Android 4.1 in an itel Android phone
Please do remember that there are some Android phones that do not have an option for forgot the password to enter your Gmail account for you to recover the pattern or the password to unlock the home screen. To see the option to enter your Gmail account, you need to try to unlock the phone home screen at least 3 or 5 times and it will show the option to unlock where you can enter your Gmail account.
I'm at my home with WiFi, but the WiFi is not on so it won't connect
If the WiFi you have at home is currently off, why not turn it on for the Tablet to get a connection for you to surf the internet on the Tablet and other purposes that you wanted to use. If you forgot the password or pattern it is best that you leave your WiFi to enable just in case and for you to do a forgot pattern or password. If you are trying to unlock the Tablet but cannot perform forgot the password. Unfortunately, you need to perform a Hard Reset of the device instead to unlock it and start all over for the applications and any files that you have. If you have it backed up, then you can restore it later after you do a Hard Reset. Once you have managed to unlock it. It is best that you "Need" to make a copy on a piece of paper to write down the password or make a drawing of a pattern and put it in your wallet. At least that way you can easily recall the password or pattern you set.
I have my phone locked out for more than a month now and it is not connected to the internet. How can I open the phone without resetting?
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the lock password or the pattern that you set for security purposes. There are only two ways that you can unlock the phone either by: Hard reset which you are deleting all data back to factory settings or select on forgot pattern where you just have to type in your email address (Gmail, Yahoo or any that you register in the phone) where the phone send an email to that email that you can view to know what it was to unlock.
Which SDK do I need to download?
You need to download the SDK file from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and not the www.developer.android.com/sdk/index.html. Take the triple w out and type it in directly the address in the URL box. You need to download the programs that suit your computer which runs in Windows or Mac operating system and Linux Operating system as well. There are 64 Bit and 32 Bit support for Windows based computer that same goes with Linux Operating System and Macintosh of 64 Bit only. For SDK Tools, you can select any of the same Operating systems for you to use the program. Just make sure that your computer passes the minimum requirements of the tools to use and install it on your computer.
See more questions like this: Need ADB commands to bypass Google accounts verification
What can I do if I did not put an email to my Android phone and how can I connect it to the internet?
If you did not put an email account to your Android phone. Basically, you cannot download any application from the Play Store as it requires an email account for you download and install the apps that you want on your phone. The email address is also required for you to recover pattern or lock in case that you forgot what it was. There are two ways that you can connect the phone to the internet, using data plan from the network provider like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and any other. The second way to connect is by WiFi connection either at home or to any establishment that offers free access to the internet or to public places.
I do not know my AT&T username and password, what should I do first?
If you forgot your AT&T email username and password. You can simply call AT&T since they are your carrier which they can look it up in their database and provide it to their customer. Direct your call to AT&T customer care and ask the person on the other line that you need to know your username and password of your AT&T account. The AT&T username is usually on email format with your first name and last name or you have it personalized when you first set up with AT&T
If you did not get the recovery menu, make sure that you have pressed the correct combination of buttons on how to access the recovery menu. The keys for the recovery menu depends on the phone manufacturer and its model. Make sure that the phone is currently off and try the following combinations: Press Volume + (UP) then Power button and hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear Press Volume - (Down) then Power button and hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear Press Volume + (UP) then Power button and home button then hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear There are some Android devices that are so tricky that you do not need to do the following combinations keys to reset the unit. One good example is an Android Karbonn A6 phone which requires a PC program to reset. There are some Androids that has a reset button that you need to use a pin or a small pointy object to press the reset button.
Someone played on my phone and when I tried to unlock it, it keeps on asking for email address that I do not know
Most likely that the person who played with your phone change the pattern on your phone if you did not set one or if you have password or pattern you provided it to that person and he changed it. what you can do first is try to recall who was the last 5 people used your phone and ask them if they change some settings on your phone that you cannot unlock it anymore. If they all say that they did not change any of the settings, then try to recall what is your email address that is active. Normally, you would use your personal email on the phone for downloading apps and any other. If all else fail, your option is to reset the phone and your photos, videos, contacts and any other files in the phone/internal storage will be cleared out or wipe but not the ones on the SD card.
What if I forgot my email and password. How can I unlock my phone?
If you forgot your email and password that you have registered on your phone. What you can do is to reset the device back to the factory settings instead. However, this will reset all settings and wipe all your downloaded applications, documents, photos and any other. Here are some procedures that you can try to reset the phone: Generic Reset Method:
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold volume up
- Press and hold Home button if it has then power button at the same time
- Wait for 20 seconds or until it shows an icon of an Android with a logo or warning sign.
- Use your volume keys and navigate to Wipe data then select yes to start the process. After the process has been done, go back and select the option for the reboot or restart for the phone to reboot.
If in case that you have a Sony Xperia J or other Xperia model. You need to reset the device by using a PC suite or PC companion for you to unlock the phone home screen. Here's how you reset:
- Turn off the phone by simply taking the battery out for 5 seconds and put it back in.
- Go to your computer and install the PC Companion that came in the package or download it from http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/
- Launch the Sony PC Companion and select the Software Update from the set of choices.
- After you select the agreement, check the box that you agree to the condition to what will happen to your phone data and it will start the process of showing you the list of phone models and select the correct model of your phone.
- After you select your phone model and click next to continue as it will show a picture of what you need to do next. Simply press the Volume down on your phone and connect the USB cord to your PC and to your mobile phone.
- Your computer screen will change and wait until the update has been completed on your computer. Normally, this will take 1 to 3 minutes.
- After the process of reinstalling the firmware, you need to turn remove the USB from the phone and remove the battery from the back for 5 seconds and turn it on.
Once the phone has been restarted, your phone will start like brand new that you need to configure it from scratch. The reboot process may take 1 to 3 minutes since you have reinstalled the operating system of the phone. Note that the phone's internal storage space are the ones will get deleted but not what is on the SD card.
If it does not show as it has forgotten password then the device is not connected to the internet, either WiFi or Packet data. In order for you to have the forgot password option, you need to think of the last place where your phone was connected to the WiFi network. Normally the network will be saved in the phone's list of recent networks that your phone was connected. However, this is only applicable if you left the WiFi as being enabled on your phone and it not, then what you need to do is a Factory Reset on your phone that will result in data loss.
I forgot the password to unlock the phone, what do I need to do?
If you forgot the password for your phone to unlock it, you can still recover it. However, this is only applicable if the phone is still connected to the internet for it to be available. Attempt to unlock the phone at least 5 times then the button for forgot password will be available. This will ask for your Google or email address and it's password. After you enter the email address it will automatically send and email to your own email address that contains the correct password to unlock your device. If the device is not connected to the internet as it was not left as enabled then you may need to reset the device back to factory settings that will result in the deletion or erase data on your device. But if you have made a back-up before to a computer or recently, then you can have them restore and if not, you need to get them back one by one.
My WiFi is off on my Android device, and I can not access it through Gmail ID, after too many wrong patterns attempts
If the WiFi on your device is currently off, what you can do is to perform a Hard Reset. This will wipe or erase your device contents which you will start from the beginning or be downloading those apps again on your device. If you have it backed up, you can do a restore to have them all back on your device. Resetting the unit may vary from the brand of the unit, which you can re-install the firmware or by simply poke a reset hole. Here are the steps for the generic method to reset the device: 1. Turn off the device. 2. Press and hold the combination keys: Volume Up + Power Volume Down + Power Volume Up+ Home button + Power Volume Down + Home button + Power Volume Up + Camera Button + Power Let go of the buttons once an Android menu comes up. If it has no menu but has the Android logo, then press the volume up + power again. 3. Highlight the wipe data and reset by pressing the volume buttons and power if you will select. Select on reboot after for the device to boot up and have it ready for use. For a reset by re-installing a device will need to have a PC suite or a PC companion. This is your utility software that you can manage to have the firmware loaded on your device to overwrite what is currently on the Tablet or phone. You just need to run the PC companion then connect the device directly to your computer via USB cord then re-upload the firmware. Another way is to poke and hold a reset hole on the device, which you need to use a toothpick or pin. You just need to poke and hold while the device is on and hold for 1 minute then let go and wait for the device to reboot and do its thing to wipe and erase its contents then all that will be left are the pre-installed apps.
I tried but it does not work it is just some pictures green robot
When you see the picture of the green robot then that means that you are about to access the recovery of the Android phone you have. There are some Android devices that whenever you are going to access its recovery it will show you only the Android logo where you need to press additional buttons. Like press the power and the volume up again or even the soft home key button. If in case that you only see an Android logo then goes back to your home screen, it could be that you pressed the wrong buttons or your device has a different method of performing a hard or restore to factory. Some Android devices require you to use a PC companion or Live suit to do such action to have the phone by default. Not all Android devices are following the generic way to access the recovery menu of the unit which you may need to take a different procedure to do so.
Install what exactly?
In the step of "Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device.", you need to download the Screen Lock Bypass Pro application. This application will you in order for you to bypass the security lock that you set on the phone.If you want to check the application, you can go to this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thomascannon.screenlockbypass.pro Please note that this application may or may not work for you, but based on the consumer's ratings, it has 4.1. This step can only be applied if your phone is still connected to the internet where you are going to queue the application to be downloaded on your phone. In order for you to queue the app to the download, you may check the steps: 1. Go to your computer and access the website of play.Google.com 2. Search for the application of Screen Lock Bypass Pro. Make sure that you are login to your email account that you used to have on your phone. 3. Once your phone has installed the app. Connect the charger to your computer and the phone for the device to activate the bypass 4. Once you see an activate on screen, just tap it and it will now be unlocked. If this will not help you at all. What you can do is to do the ADB command and the Hard Reset for your mobile phone in order for you to unlock an Android which you forgot the pattern of the password.
I was looking at downloading that bypass system but unsure of how to download it to my desktop and have it work on the Tablet
There is, in fact, a way that you can get back into your device through what is called a Hard Reset. The information that I will provide below will help you to be able to erase all the data from the device so that you will be able to get back into the device without having the password:
-Power off your device
-Hold the power button + volume up button
-On the boot menu use the volume keys to highlight factory data reset
-Press the power button to make the selection to begin the reset process
-After the reset is complete you will need to use the volume key to select reboot device along with the power button to make the selection
Here is the video so that you will be able to view the reset steps:
See more questions like this: My Motorola Android says error message plug in USB cord which I did and nothing came up, it also said device was locked because the volume key button was pressed down. I cannot even get to main screen just a pic of the Motorola logo?
See more questions like this: How can I reset my itel IT1351 if I have forgotten my Gmail account
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Jay, Rosail Maldonado, FrustratedRedHead