Record Screen on Your Rooted Android Smartphone
Edited by Lukward Thomason, Eng, Doug Collins
No matter how well you play any game on your smartphone there's not always company of friends to show it to. It is possible to record anything that is happening on your screen and brag about it any time you wish. There are a lot of software that are capable of doing this. We found one software for Android devices that stands out the most. Be warned that your phone has to be rooted for it to work. SCR Screen Recorder is capable of recording your screen and microphone without affecting frame rate as much as other apps do. It can be done on any Android phone and in this case we are using Huawei Ascend G700 that runs on Android 4.2.1 and is rooted.
Getting the required application
- 1There are two versions of this application:Free and Pro.Advertisement
- You can get the free version here (Pro version has more functions and settings like frame rate, front cam record, more resolution options and so on). Install and run it.
- 2Assuming you have your phone rooted you need to grant this app Superuser permissionAdvertisement
Recording the video
- 1Now that you're finally ready to record your show just ignore the overlay and launch your game.The buttons won't disappear until you either dismiss or start recording. When you feel you are ready to record just press the record button.Advertisement
- 2To stop recording simply press the Screen Lock Button and wait 2 or 3 seconds.
- 3The video will be saved in the location you chose as the output directory in the settings.Advertisement
Tips and suggestions on recording your screen
- Since this application requires rooting your phone it is still not recommended to do so. Root your phone at your own risk! Incorrect rooting can cause the phone to slow down, become unstable, malfunction or even get bricked at which state it will no longer be operable or fixable.
- This app records sound from the speaker of your phone so for best results record your videos in a quiet room.
- Always have some free space in your storage, because the longer the video the more MB it weighs.
- Be aware that running additional apps in the background consumes more RAM which drains battery life. Run this app only when needed and disable when not in use.
- As mentioned above this apps is capable of recording face cam which is good for game play or review videos.
- For best quality videos use additional video editing software.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Eng, Lukward Thomason