Record Screen on Your Rooted Android Smartphone
Edited by Lukward Thomason, Eng, Doug Collins, Nuance
No matter how well you play any game on your smartphone there's not always a company of friends to show it to. It is possible to record anything that is happening on your screen and brag about it any time you want.
There's a lot of software capable of doing this. We found one for Android devices that stands out among the rest. Be warned that your phone has to be rooted for it to work.
SCR Screen Recorder
SCR Screen Recorder is capable of recording your screen and microphone actions without affecting the frame rate as much as other apps do. It can be done on any Android phone and in this case we are using Huawei Ascend G700 that runs on Android 4.2.1 and is rooted.
Getting The Required Application
- 1Free and Pro.There are two versions of this application:Advertisement
- You can get the free version here
- The Pro Version has more functions and settings like frame rate, front cam record, more resolution options and so on. Install and run it.
- 2Assuming you have your phone rooted you need to grant this app Super User Permission.Advertisement
Recording the Video
- 1The buttons won't disappear until you either dismiss or start recording.Now that you're finally ready to record your show, just ignore the overlay and launch your game.
- 2When you feel you are ready to record just press the "Record" button.
- 3To stop recording simply press the Screen Lock Button and wait 2 or 3 seconds.
- 4The video will be saved in the location you chose as the Output Directory in settings.Advertisement
Tips And Suggestions On Recording Your Screen
- Since this application requires rooting your phone, it is still not recommended to do so. Root your phone at your own risk! Incorrect rooting can cause the phone to slow down, become unstable, malfunction or even get bricked in which case, it will no longer be operable or fixable.
- This app records sound from the speaker of your phone so for best results record your videos in a quiet room.
- Always have some free space in your storage, because the longer the video the more MB it weighs.
- Be aware that running additional apps in the background consumes more RAM which drains the battery life of your phone. Run this app only when needed and disable when not in use.
- As mentioned above this apps is capable of recording face cam which is good for game play or review videos.
- For best quality videos use additional video editing software.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Eng, Lukward Thomason