Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, abhinaya gunde and 1 other
Hello, you're watching VisiHow. Today we're going to show you how to reconnect to a WiFi network after performing a Factory Reset on a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you've performed a Factory Reset, all of your data is going to be wiped so you're going to have to reconnect to a wireless network.
- 12If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to reconnect to your WiFi after performing a Factory Reset on your Microsoft Lumia 535.
Video: Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Hi! My problem after reset my phone connected to WiFi, but the net was not opening. I have tried: I went through settings, even before my phone was connected to WiFi, so I thought of the reset; but the problem is not cleared
- 1You can see how to do that as shown in the tutorial on how to update a Lumia phone to Windows 10 Mobile.Update your phone to the latest version.Advertisement
- 2Find another WiFi network and test it.
- 3Press the home button. Swipe the screen to the left. Tap on "Settings". Tap on "WiFi". Tap on the WiFi connection to "forget". Tap the delete icon.Delete the WiFi point.
- 4Enter the correct password and ensure that your router does not block any MAC or IP addresses. Also, the WiFi router should actually have an active Internet plan. Some carriers do not allow other devices to connect to their hotspots too. You will need to test it with finding another WiFi network to connect to and with some other device connecting to your WiFi point. Also, Lumia might not connect to 5 GHz networks (802.11n).Reconnect to WiFi.
- 5Interference can be high at longer ranges.Stay as close to the router as possible.
- 6That is located in "Settings" > "date+time".Recheck your date, time, and time-zone-area settings.
- 7See if the Internet on the device works at all. This is located in "Settings" > "mobile network" > "Data connection".Turn off WiFi and enable data plan.
- 8Try different browsers on your Lumia.
- 9Reset your router.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Reconnect_to_WiFi_After_Resetting_the_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Reconnect_to_WiFi_After_Resetting_the_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Reconnect_to_WiFi_After_Resetting_the_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: abhinaya gunde, Eng, Crystal