Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Anonymous, Eng and 2 others
Hello, you're watching VisiHow. Today we're going to show you how to reconnect to a WiFi network after performing a Factory Reset on a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you've performed a Factory Reset, all of your data is going to be wiped so you're going to have to reconnect to a wireless network.
- 12This concludes the tutorial on how to reconnect to your WiFi after performing a Factory Reset on your Microsoft Lumia 535.If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow.
Video: Reconnect to WiFi After Resetting the Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Hi! My problem after reset my phone connected to WiFi, but the net was not opening. I have tried: I went through settings, even before my phone was connected to WiFi, so I thought of the reset; but the problem is not cleared
- 1Update your phone to the latest version.You can see how to do that as shown in the tutorial on how to update a Lumia phone to Windows 10 Mobile.Advertisement
- 2Find another WiFi network and test it.
- 3Delete the WiFi point.Press the home button. Swipe the screen to the left. Tap on "Settings". Tap on "WiFi". Tap on the WiFi connection to "forget". Tap the delete icon.
- 4Reconnect to WiFi.Enter the correct password and ensure that your router does not block any MAC or IP addresses. Also, the WiFi router should actually have an active Internet plan. Some carriers do not allow other devices to connect to their hotspots too. You will need to test it with finding another WiFi network to connect to and with some other device connecting to your WiFi point. Also, Lumia might not connect to 5 GHz networks (802.11n).
- 5Stay as close to the router as possible.Interference can be high at longer ranges.
- 6Recheck your date, time, and time-zone-area settings.That is located in "Settings" > "date+time".
- 7Turn off WiFi and enable data plan.See if the Internet on the device works at all. This is located in "Settings" > "mobile network" > "Data connection".
- 8Try different browsers on your Lumia.
- 9Reset your router.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: abhinaya gunde, Eng, Anonymous