Put iPhone to DFU mode
Edited by Michael Mangada, Eng, estrella sacragon, Melsan
First what is DFU mode and what is its uses? DFU mode stands for Device Firmware Update, it is a state where it can interact with iTunes for more success in upgrading and downgrading. Now I will teach you the simplest ways to put your device into DFU mode.
- 1Now slide it to turn it off.First turn your Phone by holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Slide to power off appears.Advertisement
- 2Now on your computer open iTunes.Advertisement
- 3Connect your iPhone to your Computer.
- 4Now quickly press and hold Power button for 3 sec.
- 5While holding the power button press and hold the Home button or the middle button for 10 seconds.
- 6Now without releasing the Home, button let go of the power button and keep holding the Home button for another 15 sec.
- 7Wait till iTunes tells you that the phone is connected in recovery mode.Advertisement
Understanding DFU mode to iOS devices
DFU Stands for Device Firmware Update for iOS device. Meaning, for iPad, iPod, iPhone 3G and to current version of phone.
This is a state that you are putting the iPhone to interact with iTunes to a computer. Whether Windows computer nor any Macintosh.
The main reason for the DFU is to change the Firmware version of the phone or any iOS device or even to a CFW or Customer Firmware.
DFU mode is also common to unlock an iPhone to read multiple or use any network SIM cards that are available in the market.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If the phone is still not in DFU mode just repeat the process again.
- There is a higher chance of success if you upgrade your phone while on DFU mode.
- DFU is also used when jailbreaking.
- If you want to downgrade your phone you need to use PWNED DFU mode instead of just a DFU mode.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.