Publish your music
Edited by Ephraim, Anonymous, Charmed, Eng and 5 others
This article will be on how you can publish your own music to get it out there and heard by others. You can either have someone else publish your music for you or you can pay someone else to publish your media for instead. Now both routes will have money involved in it in order for you to get your music successfully published either through you or someone else instead. This article will let you in on how to perform both routes you can take either publish your music and media yourself or have someone else do it for you.
- 1Pick which type of music you want to make firstly as in the genre, but when you pick this genre of music you want to do you will need to stick with your genre.Some people can successfully transfer over later in their career just as some who are famous now have gone from hip hop, rap, pop and Tecno you can do the same but you will need to stick to one and only genre in the beginning of your career. This first step is the hardest and most important step you will need to take in getting your music published and will also affect the quality of your music.Advertisement
- 2Cut a demo is the next thing you will need to do from here in order to make your steps towards getting published.Put your music on something that can be transferred, back in the days it used to be putting your music on a tape to be official but nowadays with technology you can put your music on a number of things now being CDs, DVDs, microSD Cards and USB drives. Regardless of which device you wish to use to put your demo on just make sure that your demo of your music can be read off that device so that you can begin to send your demo out to others.(Demo- a demo is a sample of your custom work whether it is music, video or other type of media your demo is a sample of your works given out to others so that you can get it published)Advertisement
- 3Look for music publishers in your area and also in other areas around the world.You will need to look for music publishers who will be interested in listening to your demo and possibly help you publish your music. This step can take a long time but do not give up on your dream if you are really in love with music and getting your music published. If you do not love music and what you are doing then you will have a hard time with this step as it can take months to years to land a publishing deal for your music. You can look for a famous artist in the genre that you are writing and look for the music composer and send your demo to them for publishing as there are many different music composers and publishers. Looking in your genre will help you to pinpoint a good composer to send your demo.
- 4This step can hurt your chances of getting published for in this step you will need to be around the music industry for this step to help you in any way.There are a lot of parties and events that are held for the different genres in different locations where a lot of big time producers will be which will be a good opportunity to give up your demo. By living near a place that deals highly with music will better your chances at getting published without a doubt, but if you live somewhere away from big music industries then it will hurt your chances to get noticed over the millions of other artist who are in the mix with the industry. All of this is in the category of networking with the music industry, if you live away from this sort of location then take trips to different locations to get the chances to get your music noticed by others.
- 5When you reach the period where a publisher will want to use your music the best thing to do is to get yourself a lawyer so that they can look over the contract before you give up any of your rights to your music.DO NOT try to read the contract yourself and decide to sign it before having it read over for if you are not skilled you will not receive what you fully deserve from the deal you are making. The music industry is full of honest people but understand that there are some non-honest people in the music industry also so make sure you are safe and have a lawyer read over your contract before signing any document.
- 6Whatever music or media you are trying to get published understand that you will need to be flexible with your content.A composer will use whatever piece of your content you have from the musical notes, lyrics or the title of a song. They will have the right to strip any piece of information they want from your demo and lastly understand that publishing your music does not mean that you are getting a music deal but that you are just giving your created content in to be published by another artist or record label which can bounce on and on but as step 5 says be sure to have someone look over your contract because your piece of work could be worth millions of dollars if produced the right way.
- 1Put all your songs on either CDs or any other point of media to save your music to in order to be able to upload them later.In this step you will need to sell your CDs either yourself, third party or websites in order to get your music out there to the world. These steps are usually performed by a publisher in order to get your music out there but by doing it the self-way you will need to do your steps on your own.
- 2Upload your music onto different websites, there are websites that you can upload your music onto and keep your rights where you can gain a fan base.If you do not wish to use another site you can simply create your own site or blog to promote your own music that way also as long as your music is out there for people to hear you are well on your way, also make your music download-able as the content will be protected on the page you use to have it downloaded.
- 3Sign up with a Performance Rights Organization so that you can get paid whenever your music gets played on the air, listened to or downloaded from the internet or any other source.By signing up with one of these organizations you will need to register every song you have with them also to ensure that you keep all your rights to all the songs that you have produced yourself for this option will protect you in the long run. After you finish registering you will get all the paperwork necessary explaining every detail of pay and where the pay will go to regarding your music and that is the last step to publishing yourself which seems a bit shorter than finding a publisher and easier which it is.
- 4In addition to all these options the biggest option that you can use to get your music noticed will be social media.Social media will gain you a large crowd of fans and viewers also to hear your music. This action will help for your music to get noticed and spread throughout social media sites. As people may know social media can spread anything you post to at least thousands of people an hour with just one click so use it as an advantage you get your workings recognize by many.
- 1Pick your genre and stick with it from the beginning to ensure that you gain all the necessary knowledge and skills of that genre in its entirety.Advertisement
- 2The demo is important for you to create in order to get your music heard by others around, put your demo on a device that can store your music.
- USB Drive
- 3Search for publishers and composers in your area and other areas in order to get your music heard or discovered.
- 4Have a lawyer read over the contract that you receive from any publisher before signing the document to ensure that you get your money's worth for your project.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Sell your music material in any method you so choose whether it be by CD, DVD or Flash Drive. Get your music out to whomever you feel but do it in large groups so that more people are left talking about your music than just one person.
- Use the web to upload your custom music to the internet to get viewers and develop a fan base. There are specialized websites that can help you to do this i.e. YouTube.com.
- Sing up with a Performance Rights Organization so that you can get paid for your works being paid, listened to and downloaded from any source that is being used to do these actions.
Questions and Answers
How to publish your own music successfully? Can you give examples of people who published their on music and are now successful?
Its very simple to publish your own music, First you will need some huge crowd all over the net that could hear a sample of your file, first is by publishing it first on social sites to earn crowds and followers, you-tube, Facebook, twitter and etc.
But unfortunately not all music creator have been success in publishing their own musics alone, you will need some marketing experts and also a knowledge to be able to succeed publishing your own music.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Dougie-1, Dougie, Mac Evans Cerrillo