Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service
Edited by Rushell, Hotelier, Eng, Maria and 1 other
- 1 Understanding Guest Turndown Service
- 2 Steps
- 3 Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Understanding Guest Turndown Service
- 4 Main Guest Room
- 5 Steps
- 6 Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Main Guest Room
- 7 Prepare the Bed
- 8 Steps
- 9 Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Prepare the Bed
- 10 Provide Turndown Amenities
- 11 Steps
- 12 Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Provide Turndown Amenities
- 13 Guest Bathrooms
- 14 Steps
- 15 Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Guest Bathrooms
- 16 Questions and Answers
- 17 Referencing this Article
- 18 Comments
Understanding Guest Turndown Service
Hello and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today, we have a series of five videos discussing turndown service in a hotel Housekeeping department. Not every hotel will offer turndown service. It is more typically found in a luxury property. Part 1 of 5 will discuss the purpose of turndown service and some of the things that happen during the turndown service.
- 3It could possibly go as late as 10:00 PM, depending on when the Housekeeping department finishes for the day. Typically, after 10:00, we should not be entering a guest room, or even after 9:00. It depends on the local situation in the hotel.It may be offered between the hours of 5:00 or 6:00 PM until around 9:00 PM.
- 4This will not be a full cleaning, but they may just pick up anything that's loose or laying around, just to make the room look nice and clean. Then they will refresh anything that's been used, such as towels or bath amenities.When a member of the Housekeeping staff enters a room for turndown service, they will first clean and refresh the room.
- 6This concludes today's tutorial, part 1 of 5, dealing with hotel turndown service, what it is, and what happens during turndown service. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.There are a whole range of ways that turndown service can be performed, and we'll be discussing some of those in the next videos.
Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Understanding Guest Turndown Service
Main Guest Room
Hello and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today's tutorial is a 5-part tutorial discussing hotel turndown service from the Housekeeping department. This is Part 2 of 5, and we will be discussing some of the things that will happen when a housekeeper enters the room to prepare the main guest room for sleep.
- 2Some rooms may require more extensive cleaning than others, but this is not meant to be a full cleaning. It is meant to be a general tidying up. Vacuuming the floor may be needed to prepare it correctly. Otherwise, the housekeeper may simply be moving a room service tray, arranging any furniture that has been moved, and moving, for example, any shoes that might be in the way. Those may be picked up and relocated to another area of the guest room.Next, anything that is out of order in the room will be cleaned.
- 4The reason for this is that it is easy for a guest to enter the room if there is a light on. If the bedside lamp is left on, then the guest can get ready for bed, slide into bed, and turn the lamp off very easily. They won't have to turn off a light next to the door and try to find their way back to the bed.There may be a bedside lamp on.
- 5This is Part 2 of 5, discussing hotel turndown service, and in this video, we discussed some of the things that happen when housekeeping enters the guest room to prepare the main room for sleeping. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave the in the space below.This concludes today's tutorial.
Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Main Guest Room
Prepare the Bed
Hello and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today's tutorial is a 5-part series on hotel turndown service. This is Part 3 of 5, discussing how to prepare the bed. We can prepare a bed for single occupancy or double occupancy.
- 3The purpose of turndown is to prepare the bed, so it is very easy for the guest to return or the night and slide right into bed. We don't want the guest to have to remove the bed runners and pillows. We want that already done for them, so they can very easily fall asleep. In order to fold the sheets in a popular way, we'll fold down corners. The exact way to accomplish this may vary, depending on which property we are working at, so be sure to follow that hotel's Housekeeping department standards and how they are preparing the sheets in turndown service.In order to turn down the sheets, the first thing we need to do is remove any bed runner or cover, as well as any decorative pillows.
- 4That mat should be placed on the side, near the pillow, but a little bit further down from that area. It should be on the same side of the bed that we have turned down. If it is for a single occupancy, we would place the floor mat on the telephone side or the inner side.After turning down the beds, we can place a floor mat to the side.
- 6This is so when the guest arrives, they have a nice little amenity. We'll discuss some examples of those in another video. It is also easy for the guest to see the breakfast that may be offered and ordered to their room for the morning, so they can easily fill this part out and place it on their door before falling asleep.Finally, we can leave a turndown amenity as well as the breakfast door hanging tag.
- 7If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes today's tutorial on hotel turndown service, Part 3 of 5, for preparing the bed.
Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Prepare the Bed
Provide Turndown Amenities
Hello and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today, we have a series of tutorials on hotel turndown service. This is Part 5 of 5, and we will discuss examples of turndown amenities. These are items, such as information or sweet treats that can be left as an amenity on or near the bed.
- 8They will be placed as part of the turndown service, either on the pillow or next to the bed on the bedside table. This concludes today's presentation. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.These are some of the examples of turndown amenities that we can find in our hotel turndown service.
Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Provide Turndown Amenities
Hello and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today, we have a set of five tutorials on hotel turndown service. This is Part 4 of 5, in which we will discuss how to prepare the guest's bathroom for the evening.
- 2As a guest, it is nice to return to our hotel room prepared to take a shower with some fresh towels. We want to make sure that we are refreshing any used and tossed aside towels and face cloths.After the dustbin has been emptied, any used linens, such as towels, face cloths or floor mats, will need to be refreshed or replaced.
- 3If any chrome fixtures have water spots, we should be wiping those down so that the sink area looks perfectly clean. This includes the bath and shower area as well. Any chrome fixtures in the room should be wiped down. All the porcelain should be clean, and the counter top area should not have water or water spots. We should tidy up any of the amenities as well, such as the shampoo and soap that may have been moved and used throughout the day.Finally, we need to clean and tidy the vanity area.
- 4This is Part 4 of 5, dealing with how to prepare the guest's bathroom or the evening. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes today's tutorial on hotel turndown service.Advertisement
Video: Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service Guest Bathrooms
Questions and Answers
How to do proper turn down service step by step?
I am having some problem so can you explain it to be step by step.
Because you have not specified where your deficits are in the turn down service, your best option is to watch the video tutorial on this VisiHow article and practice the methods which can be applied to all the turn down service.
Name 3 things the room attendant will do during turndown service?
What are the thing that they provide?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If a guest doesn't to want turn down a service, what does housekeeping say?
How does housekeeping respond to a guest who doesn't want turn down a service
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Provide_Proper_Hotel_and_Hospitality_Turndown_Service
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service." VisiHow, visihow.com/Provide_Proper_Hotel_and_Hospitality_Turndown_Service Accessed 26 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Provide Proper Hotel and Hospitality Turndown Service." Accessed Jun 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Provide_Proper_Hotel_and_Hospitality_Turndown_Service.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Maria, Eng, Hotelier