Protect your Facebook Account From Hackers
Edited by Ronniel Javier, Kirk, Lynn, Eng
Facebook has reached a total of one billion users around the world, and apparently, Facebook is the number one target of hackers, from unskilled script kiddies to black hat hackers. You probably know someone who has been a victim of Facebook hacking, and it can be devastating. You can study up on how to really protect yourself from the intrusions of hackers, and this article includes some great information about it. Facebook has very tough security, and when there is a hack, there's no report that their data has been compromised. Facebook hacking occurs not because of the vulnerability of their system, but because the victims don't have the knowledge to protect their Facebook account.
Ways to keep hackers out of your Facebook account
- 1Avoid clicking web links that are not familiar to you. This can happen when a friend gives you a link. Refrain from clicking this unless you are familiar with the link, because it might be a phishing link. Phishing is a message that looks legit, but is totally fake. Hacking happens when you enter your log-in credentials in the phishing log-in page sent to you. It will direct you automatically to the database of the hacker.Clicking unfamiliar links.Advertisement
- 2Avoid installing programs that came from unknown sources. Don't install unverified executable files because they might be a RAT or "remote administration tool," or what's known as a "keylogger." RAT is a hacking tool that produces an executable file, and this might be given to a victim to compromise his or her account, not only in Facebook but in all of your computer activity. Keylogger is the same concept as RAT. It also records your computer activity and will send a web screenshot to the hacker.Installing unverified programs.Advertisement
- 3Avoid WiFi sharing. This happens particularly on Android devices. Your packet information, including your Facebook password, will be sent to the hacker. The hacker apparently uses an Android hacking tool for this. The best way to avoid this is to stop using any public WiFi for your security.Sharing via WiFi.
- 4This kind of hacking method is very manipulative because this method involves deception. This can be applied using RAT and phishing. It occurs when someone emails you with a greeting resembling or spoofing a legitimate email letter, and it will ask you to perform manipulative things like changing your password. DON'T be fooled by this.Social engineering.
- 5Make strong passwords. Weak passwords are vulnerable to guessing by hacking. Don't put the combination of your birthday, or name of your husband or your wife. Make a better password with more special characters and numbers. You can create a strong password by generating a new one on this site -- http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/.Weak passwords.
- 6Avoid using other computers, even of your friends. Be aware of this because your friend might be using Keylogger to trace your computer activity. Your password will be seen, as well as other important data. So be careful about using other people's computer devices.Using strange computers.Advertisement
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Lynn, Kirk, Ronniel Javier