Protect Your SIM Card
Edited by Eng, Anonymous, Kaeybanez, Janice and kenny and 1 other
It can be a very uncomfortable situation when you end up damaging your SIM card and it contains a lot of information that you have not yet backed up. For example, it may contain messages from people that you are trying to preserve because either it has a sentimental value or you simply want to refer back to them later on. It could also be that you opted not to save things on your phone and kept everything on your SIM card. Therefore, it is really important that you handle a SIM card with care, especially when it contains very important information.
Here are some things that you can do in order to protect your SIM card:
- 1Do not touch the portion that has the chips.If you touch that and your hand happened to be wet, having some chemicals, or rough, it may damage the surface of the chips and will lead to the SIM card not functioning properly anymore. Be very careful when holding the SIM card and as much as possible, hold it from the edges instead and not on the flatter surface.Advertisement
- 3Store in a proper container, in case you have to keep it outside of the cellphone.Just like memory cards, SIM cards are best stored in a container when you have to store as compared to just letting it lie around on the table or drawer. Preventing it from rubbing with other materials will help a lot in preserving the life of SIM cards.
- 4Avoid putting it under direct heat.SIM cards are not that sensitive in terms of temperature but it will be common sense to think that too much of any temperature will be risky. Therefore, store it in a place in which sunshine cannot reach it directly.
- 5Avoid removing and then reinserting the SIM card over and over again.At some point, if you keep on dislodging and then putting the SIM card back again, that can cause damage.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How to protect SIM card from damage?
When I keep my SIM card in case, no air enters into SIM card slot. would my SIM card be damaged for this reason? if I insert in SIM card slot giving golden side outside, will it be damaged?
Keeping a SIM card in the device or in the SIM storage container will not damage it. Inserting it with the wrong side into the phone may damage it if you apply too much pressure and change the shape of the SIM card. You can prevent damage to your SIM card by storing it in the phone or in a dry and not too hot place at home. If the golden contacts become dirty on a SIM card, you can always clean them with a soft eraser.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Recent edits by: Janice and kenny, Kaeybanez, Anonymous