Properly Issue Guest Room Keys to Hotel Guests in a Hospitality Business
Edited by Hotelier, Robert, Eng
Hello, and thank you for using VisiHow. In today's tutorial, we will discuss how to issue a guestroom key as a hotel receptionist.
- 1Any time that we are issuing a key to a guestroom in which a new guest will be entering, meaning that one guest has checked out and a new one will check in, we need to issue a new key.One thing that we need to remember when issuing a guestroom key is that we can either issue a new key or a copy key.Advertisement
- 2If the guest has lost their keycard, we should probably issue them a new key as well if they do not have possession of the old card. In this case, when the guest inserts the new keycard into the door, the old keycard would become invalid. This is for the guests own security.If we're issuing a second key for the same room, we can issue a copy key.Advertisement
- 5This usually looks like a small folder, and we need to write down some information as well. We need to write down the room number, and perhaps the departure as well. This may or may not be needed, and we may only need to write the room number on the key packets. There will likely also be a blank space for the guests name, but we should not (for security reasons) write down the guest's name and room number. This is usually why "name" is left blank and only the room number is written on the key packet.We need to place the keys in a key packet.
- 6For example "1213", in which perhaps the first two numbers are the floor number and when the guest arrives on this floor they will look for the entire number for their room. We should state only the floor number and should not announce the guests room number, especially in a crowded lobby. This is for the guests own security. When we hand the key packet with "1213" written down, we can say something like "Mr. Smith, your room is on the twelfth floor."When we issue a key to the guest, we can write the full room number.
- 7If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes the tutorial on issuing a guestroom key in a hotel.Advertisement
Video: Properly Issue Guest Room Keys to Hotel Guests in a Hospitality Business
Questions and Answers
Double issue the key of the guest?
The Key was double issue with my associate she has mistaken in issuing the key. I think it was caused by: Careless
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Properly Issue Guest Room Keys to Hotel Guests in a Hospitality Business. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Properly_Issue_Guest_Room_Keys_to_Hotel_Guests_in_a_Hospitality_Business
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Properly Issue Guest Room Keys to Hotel Guests in a Hospitality Business." VisiHow, visihow.com/Properly_Issue_Guest_Room_Keys_to_Hotel_Guests_in_a_Hospitality_Business Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Properly Issue Guest Room Keys to Hotel Guests in a Hospitality Business." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Properly_Issue_Guest_Room_Keys_to_Hotel_Guests_in_a_Hospitality_Business.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Robert, Hotelier