Prolong the Life of Refrigerated Cakes
Edited by Eng, Christine dela Cruz
Refrigerated cakes are very popular mainly because they are easy to make. However, just like any other food, it requires certain ways of handling in order to make it last for a longer period of time. If you are able to do this properly, you can keep on creating refrigerated cakes and just put them on standby at your fridge for consumption when you like it.
Measures to Prolong the Life of Refrigerated Cake
- 1The fruits will moist and it can make your entire cake very soggy from the moisture. This is especially the case if the weather is rather hot. As much as possible, take it out only for a short period of time and then put it back inside the refrigerator right away.Do not put it outside of the refrigerator for a long time.Advertisement
- 2Moisture from the fridge as well as from the fruits can cause a buildup of liquid within the cake. If you see liquid building up at the corner of your cake pan, drain it out right away as that can easily spoil your cake.Drain out the excess water from the cake if any.Advertisement
- 3Since you are utilizing very organic materials such as fresh fruits which have no preservatives, the likelihood for your cake to spoil if not handled properly is higher. Therefore, make sure that you use dry serving spoon all the time. Do not allow your kids to dip their hands into it.Use serving spoon.
- 4If you intend to consume your refrigerated cake only after a few days, it will be better if you choose fruits which are not yet fully ripe. By the time you will eat the cake, it will just be right on time that your fruits have ripened up.Choose only fresh fruits and avoid overripe ones.
- 5You would not want to end up with a cake that has very sour pineapple for example. You will end up having to waste the entire cake. Therefore, make sure that you like the way the fruits taste before even topping your cake up with them.Sample the fruits that you will use.
- 6Most of the ingredients that you are using for your refrigerated cake are organic. Therefore, you can control the lifespan of it by making sure you select the other materials which have a longer life span. You would not want to use a cream that expires the next day as that will just help the other ingredients to spoil even faster as well.Choose cream that has longer expiration date.
- 7Wet spoons or spatula will cause your ingredient to spoil fast. Make sure that you always use dry and clean utensils when making your refrigerated cake.Always use dry utensils.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.