Prevent and Treat Pimples Among Teens
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Eng, Doug Collins
Even if a zit or a pimple is a normal part of puberty it doesn't make it easier for a teenager to live with, does it?
Most teenagers live a normal easy life; they fall in love, worry about exams, fight with their parents, and get insecure with pimples. But teenagers also worry a lot about how they look. This is the stage of adolescence that helps them build part of their self-image. Treatments to cure and avoid pimples can be very expensive and on a student's budget small budget, usually ineffective over the counter medicine is all they can afford. This wiki will help you learn and use inexpensive and safe home remedies for pimples.
Hard Truths about Zits
- 1The ugly truth is that every eight in ten teens suffer from pimples.It is common.Advertisement
- 2The worst type that almost every teen has experienced is called "acne". The type that all teenagers dread to have is called "acne vulgaris." As teenagers get older, the tendency to form acne diminishes.The dreadful type.Advertisement
- 3This pimple is filled with a white pus-like liquid that is caused by the infection of the pores from dead skin, bacteria and oil.Pimple defined.
- 4When the unneeded oil or sebum clogs the pore, the bacteria found in the skin can trigger the infection in the pore. That is how the acne is born.The birth of a pimple.
- 5A whitehead is a pore clogged up by oil and dead skin cells that bulges out.What is a whitehead?
- 6A blackhead is a clogged up pore that stays open but has a dark surface.What is a blackhead?
- 7When the pore opens and the sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells find their way under the skin then a pimple is formed. If you accidentally pop the pimple and it gets infected this can similarly cause you to have an acne breakout.They too can form pimples.
- 8Aside from this nomenclature, there are many other kinds depending on the presence of lesions, pus, and ability to cause scarring. These are the so called comedones, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts.What's in a name?
- 9Severe cases do not present any serious health risk. But, it can undermine the confidence and the emotional stability of a teen especially with deep scarring. In certain cases, their ability to relate with people is affected by these skin problems.Are they to be feared?
Tips to prevent acne growth
How often do you hear the adage, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?" There is indeed wisdom there. Here are some tips that can help you prevent acne attacks.
- 1Hard-scrubbing and friction.Advertisement
- 2It is recommended to use oil-free or non-comedogenic products or products that do not clog pores especially for people who have oily skin.Choosing face products.
- 4Be wary of wearing tight clothes and garments that can apply pressure to the lesions found on the skin like your back where pimples may also grow.Avoid tight clothes.
- 6When doing this, the germs and other harmful bacteria found on your hands can be potentially transferred to your face. It is also recommended for girls to tie back their hair and for the boys to cut their hair short so the natural oil found in the hair won't stick to their faces.Avoid touching your face.
- 8Go all natural. If your skin is in bad shape, keep it free from makeup and other irritating skin products.Stay away from heavy makeup.
Home remedies for pimples, acne and scars
If you can't prevent it and pimples start appearing, fret not, for there are ways to keep your face clear of pimples. It is your safest option to use home remedies for pimple problems. Why? First, these products are mostly available in your home and will save you money. Second, these are effective and gentle on the skin. Here are some treatments that you can use:
- 2Wet the cotton with ACV and dab gently and directly on the pimples. Do this in the morning after washing your face. Leave it on for as long as it is possible.Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV).
- 3Lemon Juice.
- 4Mix lime juice with at least one tablespoon of groundnut oil. Apply the mixture every now and then.Groundnut Oil and Lime Juice.
- 6Leave a mask of honey on your face. Repeat the process until your pimples dry up.Honey.
- 8It is a universal knowledge that bacteria can be killed through heat. Pimples are formed when bacteria find their way through the skin. Then one simple way to stop pimples is by killing the bacteria by applying heat. How? Pour an ample amount of boiling water into a mug and let it stay there until the mug gets heated. Use the heated mug and roll it onto your face.Apply heat to kill bacteria.
- 10For pimple scars you can use olive oil to remove them. Put an ample amount of olive oil on your fingers and massage it on your face; do this daily.Olive Oil.
- 12It is recommended to use a low fat yogurt as this has less oil. Use the yogurt and massage it on the face; wash off soon after. You can also mix yogurt with oatmeal to make a mask. Let it chill in the refrigerator and apply it on your face. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes. Doing this longer will cause the mix to become soggy and fall apart. Rinse off using lukewarm water.Yogurt.
- 14Camellia or Chamomile is an expensive natural remedy but is worth every dollar spent on it. Why? Chamomile is one of the safest homeopathic herbs. Its chance to irritate your skin is next to none. Its extract is a good relaxant. It is also a good antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent.Camellia.
- 15The extract found on the leaves and twigs of the Larrea tridentata is well known for its healing value. It is very popular for treating skin problems such as eczema, sores, acne and rashes.Chaparral.
- 17Mix some cream, glycerine and lemon juice. Massage it unto your face and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing off.Cream-Glycerin-Lemon Juice Mix.
- 18Turmeric is known to have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that can stop the appearance of pimples and acne. Make a turmeric paste by combining it with coconut or sesame oil. Use this mixture and apply it on your face especially on the pimples and acne.Turmeric-Coconut or Sesame Oil.
- 19Another way to use turmeric is to blend it. Use the blended turmeric and add a few drops of lime juice or cucumber juice; use this to treat the pimples.Turmeric-Lime or Cucumber Juice.
- 20Another way to remove scars and pimples is to mix ½ tablespoon of sandalwood powder, a small amount of turmeric and 3 tablespoons of orange juice. Use this mixture and massage on your face and leave it for at least 10-15 minutes at most.Turmeric-Sandalwood Powder-Orange Juice.Advertisement
Are you bothered by your pimples? There is no need to fret because there are many natural ways to prevent the formation of zits and to treat them if they are there already. Don't forget though to give the remedy a chance to make it work before shifting to another regimen.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Prevent and Treat Pimples Among Teens. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Prevent_and_Treat_Pimples_Among_Teens
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Prevent and Treat Pimples Among Teens." VisiHow, visihow.com/Prevent_and_Treat_Pimples_Among_Teens Accessed 27 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Prevent and Treat Pimples Among Teens." Accessed Apr 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Prevent_and_Treat_Pimples_Among_Teens.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Nerissa Avisado