Prevent Sports Injury
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Robbi, Lynn, Olivia and 2 others
Some parents are afraid of seeing their kids enjoy a chosen hobby like sports because of the possible injuries that they may get from it. Sports injuries usually happen when a person gets involved in sports that require contact and vigorous activity. Some may get it from the competitions, training sessions or organizing physical activities.
What are the benefits of sports?
- Boost self confidence.
- Relieve stress.
- Increase self-esteem.
- Promote sportsmanship.
- Help people socialize or mingle with other people.
- Improve your mood.
- Increase self-awareness.
- Bring about lower risk of bad influences.
- Improve blood flow.
- Maintain a healthy body.
- Drive us away from sickness.
- Increase flexibility and endurance.
- Keeps you active.
- Improve skills.
- Promote better concentration and focus.
- Brings enjoyment
Such are the many benefits of sports that to prevent injury is essential. Before you can prevent something, you should know why people get injured from playing this beneficial hobby.
An injury from sports may happen for the following reasons:
- 1A player who did not go through proper training may injure himself when he falls down to the floor and hit the pavement. He may also lack the technical skills to avoid players who may defensively snatch a ball, thus hitting his face, ribs or trip on a limb.Lack of proper training.Advertisement
- 2When a person does not perform warm up exercises before an actual game, there is the possibility of straining an arm, suffer from contracture or sprain. The body is like an oven. If you do not prepare the oven for the baking, chances are, the cake won't get properly baked. When the body is not properly attuned to the game, he may suffer from pulling a ligament or breaking a leg.Forgetting to warm up the body or extremity before the actual game.Advertisement
What are the types of Injuries from Sports?
Injuries to the Face
There are many sports that may cause injury to your face. The injury may be caused by an impact to your teeth and gums, making you lose a tooth. It is also possible to get a broken or bleeding nose, swelling or deformed jaw . Examples of these are boxing, basketball, soccer, mixed martial arts, football, wrestling, ice hockey, slam ball, and many more. This usually happens with full contact sports. The injuries may be the result of a blow, collision or heavy fall. Nose bleeds may happen because of extreme heat temperature or an accidental collision that hits the nose.
Limb and Muscle Injuries
Upper and lower extremities may suffer from broken bones because of a collision or a heavy fall on the ground. These injuries are frequently observed in sports like basketball, ice hockey and martial arts.
Skin and Other Injuries
Injuries other than the two categories mentioned above, skin and other types of injuries may also happen in combination with the earlier classification. An injury to the face may come with a bruise to the eye or cheek as a result of the face hitting an elbow or a knuckle, such as that with boxing and basketball. A cut may happen when the lip gets hit by a stray ball. Involuntary muscle spasms may also happen which may render a player unable to concentrate on the game, thus not seeing an forthcoming injury or blow to any part of the body. Blisters from wearing inappropriate sports gear may also develop.
How do you prevent sports injuries?
- 1Proper Training.
- 2Warm up before the actual game.
- 3Wear the appropriate gear for the sports.
- 4Play and perform the game in the recommended environment.
- 1Remember to always follow each rule in every game to make sure no one gets hurt and avoid fights between players.Follow the rules and regulations of every sport.
- 2A player should always be aware of what his or her body feels. Don't push yourself too much.Never play when you feel bad, injured or tired.
- 3Resting restores all the energy your body needs so that you can keep up with your game.Rest is always recommended.
- 4Always keep your body hydrated.Drink plenty of water.
- 5Before joining any sport, your body should be in shape and be fit.Stay in shape.Advertisement