Prevent Prostate Cancer and Treat it Holistically
Edited by Ermin, Maria, Eng, Lynn and 1 other
Prostate cancer is a disease and this only occurs in men. One of the most common causes of prostate cancer is genetics, which means the disease is transmitted genetically from ancestors to descendants. It is unfortunate if the disease is hereditary in your family. However, it doesn't mean that prostate cancer is only associated with genetics, but also with unhealthy lifestyle and aging. The good thing about prostate cancer is that it grows slowly in a person's body. Typically, you may only notice it once you reach over the age of 50. Nevertheless, whether you may or may not have prostate cancer, it may be better to start with a healthy lifestyle today to avoid the disease. Below are some helpful tips to prevent an increased risk of prostate cancer:
- 2We all know that soy beans contribute a lot to reducing the risk of prostate cancer. You may want to try adding soy to your diet, because soy has isoflavones, a nutrient that is essential for reducing the risk of prostate cancer. Some food products containing soy beans are soya milk, soy nuts, whole soybeans, and tofu. Other food sources containing isoflavones are chickpeas, peanuts, kidney beans, and lentils.Add soy to your diet.Advertisement
- 5Although there's no scientific research claiming that eating fruits and vegetables is one of the contributing factors of reducing the risk of prostate cancer, you should still eat different kinds of veggies and fruits, because these mainly contain nutrients and vitamins. One of the causes of prostate cancer is due to having an unhealthy lifestyle, so if you think you have a poor diet, you may eat fruits and veggies to make your health better.Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
- 6Studies show that men who consume foods containing high in fat may increase the risk of prostate cancer. To replace the foods that are high in calories, you may choose ones that are contrary to it, low-fat food products. These include 1 percent low-fat milk, reduced-calorie cheese or low-calorie processed cheese, frozen chocolate puddings, frozen yogurt, gingerbread, etc,. The technique here is to replace high-calorie foods to low-fat foods.Choose a low-fat food products.
- 8There is modern medicine that you may take for reducing the risk of prostate cancer; however, there is also herbal medicine which is considered effective in preventing diseases. More often than not, traditional medicine seems a lot more effective and does not lead to negative side effects, according to consumers' viewpoint. Ginger herbal medicine is among the effective traditional medicines. The herb is not only for prevention, but it is also the treatment for prostate cancer.Take herbal medicine.
Ginger for treating prostate cancer
Ginger, the root itself, has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, and antioxidant active properties. And the anti-tumor property contributes a lot to the treatment of prostate cancer. A person who has the disease is suggested to consume ginger daily, whether it is prepared through drinks or meals. The amount of consumption should be about 3.5 oz or 100 grams. In no time, he will be miraculously healed. The ginger itself can kill prostate cancer cells. Below are the main functions of ginger with prostate cancer cells:
- 1It blocks cancer cell development.
- 2It impairs reproduction of cancer cells.
- 3It promotes apoptosis in the body, making all cancer cells lead to death.
- 4It modulates cell-cycle.
- 5It keeps healthy cells safe.Advertisement
The health professionals claim that prostate cancer can be treated with medicines, especially ginger-based medicines, like supplements or extracts. There are also some other ways that you can do with ginger by making drinks and recipes. Make sure that you will consume 100 grams of ginger daily to prevent the risk of prostate cancer.
To make a ginger ale, refer to this VisiHow: Use Ginger to Ignite Your Appetite and Help Your Digestive System
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Prevent Prostate Cancer and Treat it Holistically. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Prevent_Prostate_Cancer_and_Treat_it_Holistically
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Prevent Prostate Cancer and Treat it Holistically." VisiHow, visihow.com/Prevent_Prostate_Cancer_and_Treat_it_Holistically Accessed 24 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Prevent Prostate Cancer and Treat it Holistically." Accessed Apr 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Prevent_Prostate_Cancer_and_Treat_it_Holistically.
Categories : Ginger Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Maria