Prevent Problems with your iPhone 6 Fingerprint Scanner
Edited by Grimm, Zack, Eng, Angela Greer
You're watching VisiHow. Today, we're going to teach you some security tips for your iPhone 6, concerning the touch fingerprint ID.
- 2If you're entering in a pin, then you tap it, and it automatically enters you into the phone. Otherwise, you just press your thumb down here like I'm doing, and it automatically logs you in.Then you can either press your fingerprint into the touch sensor here at the bottom, or you can swipe across the screen and enter your pin.Advertisement
- 9If you have one fingerprint, then that is the fastest way to unlock your phone. But if you have a second fingerprint, your phone now has to choose between two fingerprints to identify them. If you have a third, fourth, and fifth fingerprint in there, that means your phone has to try determine which of the five fingers it is that's trying to unlock the phone. That significantly slows things down.First off, the number of fingerprints you have.
- 12If you do not have these passcodes, you will not be able to access these services using your fingerprint. Once you turn off the four-digit PIN (or the more complicated password if that's what you had chosen), you also have difficulty accessing these services.When you restart the phone and go into the iTunes Store or anything else, you will be prompted for passwords or passcodes that you will need to enter.
- 18My fingerprint will not be enough to get me into the phone. This means that if you setup a fingerprint ID to unlock your phone and you are of the belief that you'll be using that to get in and out of your phone, you will discover much to your dismay that you are very much mistaken. Your PIN code will be required every time you restart your phone. You will not be able to access it without that PIN code unless you use an iPass or workaround which we will discuss in another video.Now when it powers up, I will be asked for a pass-code.
- 28Thanks for watching VisiHow. Have a great day and make sure you check out our great iPhone and tech videos!This concludes our tutorial on security improvements and features for the fingerprint scanner, and of course things to look out for to keep yourself from getting locked out of your phone.Advertisement
Video: Prevent Problems with your iPhone 6 Fingerprint Scanner
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Prevent Problems with your iPhone 6 Fingerprint Scanner. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Prevent_Problems_with_your_iPhone_6_Fingerprint_Scanner
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Prevent Problems with your iPhone 6 Fingerprint Scanner." VisiHow, visihow.com/Prevent_Problems_with_your_iPhone_6_Fingerprint_Scanner Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Prevent Problems with your iPhone 6 Fingerprint Scanner." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Prevent_Problems_with_your_iPhone_6_Fingerprint_Scanner.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Zack, Grimm