Prevent Laptop From Over Heating
Edited by AliRaza, Eulalee, Charmed, Eng and 3 others
- 1Using your Laptop on your lap blocks the air vents and does not allow the equipment to cool while being used.Advertisement
- 2You could also use your Laptop on a small folding table that can be placed on the bed.Advertisement
- 3There is a variety of cooling products available, depending on the Laptop maker.They range from cooling pads, cooling fans, lap-pads that have cooling crystals, lap gel packs that keep the lap and thighs cool as well as the Laptop. They also have raising stands for the Laptop that keep them at a slightly higher level �" one to two inches above the base on which the Laptop is placed.
- 4The best possible solution to prevent overheating of your Laptop is to buy one of these cooling products.They are not expensive, starting from $10. The next best solution is to always use your Laptop on a proper Laptop desk or on any desk. This will, as stated before, prevent your lap become hot and red and also keep your Laptop in top working condition. Remember, laptops tend to slow down and work less efficiently when overheated.
What Happens When Your Laptop Overheats
- 1It could burn the other important components of a Laptop such as the motherboard.When a Laptop overheats, it's not just about how it feels hot from outside. It's not as simple as just letting it cool down for a bit. You should consider that there are too many small components inside the Laptop which can be easily damaged by too much heat. Also, heat can start a small fire inside or a simple short circuit, which could disable certain functions in your Laptop.
- 2It could damage your files.When a Laptop overheats and hits your drive, that is rather risky for you to actually lose your important files. When a file is burned, it may be rather difficult to retrieve it afterwards.
Other Factors that Can Lead to Overheating
- 1Not putting down the monitor carefully when you just close the lid and not shut down.This means that your Laptop is still working, since you do not really shut it down. If you happen not to close the lid properly, let's say it's a bit slighted on the hinges, it can actually damage some of the wires there. It will get hot after a while because your computer is still running and it will eventually burn those hinges and wires which will create too much heat to your Laptop.Advertisement
- 2Working in a place that is not well-ventilated.Overheating does not only happen when the environment is rather hot. It also happens when there is not too much air going around in the room. If you keep your Laptop open in a very small room without any Windows, you will notice that when you pick it up, it's rather hot at the base already.
- 3Use of rubber pads for the keyboard.This has become rather popular through the years as a protection for keyboards to avoid spillage or having drops of food inside the keyboard, in case you are eating in front of the computer. It has indeed been very useful for this particular purpose. However, since it is made of rubber, it also prevents air from actually entering into the computer. Therefore, it can make your Laptop hot after only a short period of time.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.