Prevent Having Urinary Track Infection or Uti
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Eng
UTI, or urinary tract infection, is an infection that hits the bladder and can lead to a more serious disorder, like kidney trouble, when left untreated. Women are more prone to urinary tract infection than men. This is due to the shorter size of the urethra for females making it easier for germs to get through it. If you are expecting a baby, you should even be more careful. Prevent yourself or anyone from your family from Urinary Tract Infection with these helpful and healthy tips.
General Prevention of U.T.I. or Urinary Tract Infection
- 1This will help you urinate more often, thus flushing away bacteria and germs out of the urinary tract.Drink as much water as you can every day.Advertisement
- 2Do not hold it for too long.When you feel the urge, urinate.Advertisement
How to Prevent U.T.I. Among Women
- 1This is deemed as the best way to prevent U.T.I. among women because this prevents germs or bacteria from entering the urethra.After sexual intercourse, urinate immediately.Advertisement
- 2During your menstrual period, change your napkin often.
- 3In some cases, the use of spermicide-coated condoms and diaphragms cause U.T.I., so use these as little as possible.
- 4You should wipe from the front to the back so as to prevent the bacteria from spreading from the anus to the urinary tract.When using the toilet, wipe properly.
- 5The chemicals used tend to alter the balance of organisms in the vaginal area, thus leaving it more prone to infection.If you use feminine hygiene washes or products which have deodorant in them, you should stop using them.
- 6recurs more often after menopause, one should ask her doctor about vaginal estrogen.If U.T.I.
How to Prevent U.T.I. Among Men
- 1Keep the penis clean at all times, especially when you haven't been circumcised yet. Bacteria can easily get trapped in the foreskin, thus making one more prone to bacteria.Keeping good hygiene is the best way for men to prevent U.T.I..Advertisement
- 2Like in the case of uncircumcised adults, kids are also prone to infection and need to be given an early cure to prevent greater damage.Not only do adults suffer from U.T.I., but kids can as well.
How to Prevent U.T.I. Among Children
- 1Observe whether the antibiotics your kids use in the treatment of some respiratory infections could be the reason for an infection.
- 2U.T.I. has been related to constipation based on recent researches. So hydrate your kids as much as possible. Let them drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.Avoid constipation.
- 3Teach the kids about proper hygiene, like teaching girls the proper way of wiping after toilet use.
- 4Change baby diapers as often as possible to prevent fecal and urine buildup.
- 5When the bladder is full of urine, it makes a good place for bacteria to grow.Train the kids in urinating and advise them to do it when they feel the urge, rather than waiting.
- 6Keeping good hygiene is always the best way to prevent urinary tract infection.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Recent edits by: mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando