Prevent Having High Blood Pressure
Edited by Shalom, JMA, Robbi, Lynn and 1 other
Having high blood pressure is a real problem. The issue is that when you have high blood pressure, it can be something that has no symptoms.
It can cause health problems like stroke and heart attack.
What is high blood pressure? What are the ways to prevent this from happening to you?
What is Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing through the wall of your arteries as your heart pumps. The higher the force, the bigger the damage it causes to your body.
Types of High Blood Pressure
- 1It is also known as essential hypertension. Hypertension becomes more hypertensive when a person grows older and older.Primary hypertension develops slowly in many years.Advertisement
- 2Usage of illegal drugs, certain medications (birth control pills, pain relievers, cold remedies), congenital defects in blood vessel, kidney problems and adrenal gland tumors may lead to secondary hypertension.Secondary hypertension occurs all of a sudden and causes a higher force of blood pressure than the primary does.Advertisement
How to Prevent High Blood Pressure
- 1Have a knowledge on what are the food and drinks that have high cholesterol, carbohydrates, fats and sugar and limit your intake of them.
- 2Learn how to rest.Too much work is not good.
- 3Avoid abusing your body with certain medications like birth control pills, cold remedies and pain relievers.
- 4Avoid taking any illegal drugs.
- 5Ensure you reduce your salt intake.
- 6If there was damage in your blood vessels since birth, discipline yourself and follow doctor's medication and advise.
- 7Avoid sleeping late at night.
- 8Have a limit in eating fatty cuts of meat, egg, oily foods and drinking beer.
- 9Maintain a normal body weight.
- 10Maintain your diet and ensure it is well balanced.
- 11Eat vegetables and fruits regularly.
Effects of High Blood Pressure
- 1It blocks the flow of the blood into the heart, kidneys, brain, arms and legs.Artery damage and narrowing - High blood pressure makes the arteries' inner lining thick and stiff that causes the hardening of the arteries or the arteriosclerosis.
- 2Aneurysm - This is when blood flows through a weakened artery that can cause an enlargement to its wall and create a bulge.
- 3Heart failure - This is when your heart muscle weakens and works less efficiently.
- 4Enlargement of the left heart - This is when your heart is forced to work harder to pump blood to the rest of your body.
- 5Stroke - This is when your brain is poor of oxygen and nutrients that causes your brain cells to die.
- 6TIA - Known as the transient ischemic attack or the mini-stroke, this is when the supply of blood to your brain is disrupted.
- 7Dementia - This is when you have problem with thinking, reasoning, memory and speaking.
- 8Mild cognitive impairment - This is the adaptation stage of the changes between understanding and memory.
- 9Kidney failure - This is when high blood pressure damages the large arteries leading into the kidney and tiny blood vessels within the kidney.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.