Prevent Having Different Kinds of Foot Diseases
Edited by Shalom, Eng, Lynn, Robbi and 4 others
Nearly everyone has a foot problem of some type during their lifetime. If you have one, you may be so self-conscious that you will feel strange about removing your shoes in front of other people.
How can you prevent this from happening to you? Here are some ways to prevent having foot issues of all types. In order to prevent this, you must know what the common different types of foot diseases are and their causative factors.
Different Types of Foot Problems
Bunions are experienced more by women than men. This is because of their footwear choices. High heels are the leading cause of bunions. Also bear in mind that not only high heels can cause bunions, but also flats. Any footwear without good and appropriate foundation for your feet may result to roll inward. Here are some ways to prevent them.
- 1Exchange or switch those high heels with lower ones. It would be better if you'd wear wedge ones rather than stilettos. This gives your feet more support and foundation. And pick round-toe shoes over pointy shoes, this will give your toes more wiggle room.Wear lesser heels.Advertisement
- 2When you are planning to go out for a walk or something, it would be best to wear comfortable shoes, like a pair of sneakers. There are many fashionable shoes on the market today.Travel in comfortable shoes.
- 3When you are wearing your shoes, and you are feeling pain, you may use bunion cushions to ease rubbing or friction and pressure.Diminish or minimize the agony that you're feeling.
- 4Consulting and asking your doctor is the best way to prevent any disease. Take action before it consumes you.Visit your doctor (podiatrist).
Hammertoes usually happen when you don't choose the right footwear. Too much pressure on your toes can also affect your bone structure. Here are some ways to prevent hammertoes.
- 1Maintaining proper blood flow on your feet helps prevent foot diseases. Stretch your legs and feet to let the blood circulate.Proper circulation is important.Advertisement
- 2The pressure between your toes must be minimized.Choose shoes that are not too tight.
- 3Massaging your feet helps relieve the pain. You may also try a warm foot bath.Get a foot massage.
- 4Examine your feet for any discomfort.
Dry skin usually happens because of lack of water, exposure to too much heat, excessive scrubbing with soap, etc. Being knowledgeable about preventing dry skin on your feet is a benefit, both for coziness and health. Here are some ways to prevent dry skin on your feet.
- 1This is the best way to prevent dry skin. Regularly apply lotion to moisturize your skin.Apply lotion or creams.
- 2Drink lots of water to prevent dehydration as this may be a cause of dry skin.Keep yourself hydrated.
- 3Using certain kinds of soap may harm your skin. Be careful with what you choose and what you apply to your skin.Use gentle and mild soaps.
- 4Cleaning yourself is important also to prevent dry skin, not only on your feet, but also on your whole body. It's best to use lukewarm water.Always take a bath or shower.
Warts are a result of HPV, which affects the uppermost part of the skin. They can be itchy and they may bleed. When warts are knocked or bumped often, they may become irritated and the skin surrounding it may be hurting. Here are some ways to prevent warts.
- 1Cleaning your hands helps prevent germs and viruses to come.Wash your hands several times a day or as often as possible.
- 2This might cause infection to your skin and is dangerous to your health.Prevent from biting and chewing your nails.
- 3You should be aware of the people around you. Even if they don't have warts, they might still carry a virus.Never give out your own cleaning materials to other people.
- 4Wear shoes in public places.
- 1Make sure that your toenails are trimmed to average length.
- 2Cut your toenails straight.
- 3Wear shoes that are appropriate for your feet.
- 1Never wear someone else's.Wear your own shoes.
- 2This might cause bad foot odor.Avoid wearing used socks.
- 3Rinse off your feet.
- 4Apply anti-fungal creams or powders.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Prevent Having Different Kinds of Foot Diseases. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Prevent_Having_Different_Kinds_of_Foot_Diseases
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Prevent Having Different Kinds of Foot Diseases." VisiHow, visihow.com/Prevent_Having_Different_Kinds_of_Foot_Diseases Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Prevent Having Different Kinds of Foot Diseases." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Prevent_Having_Different_Kinds_of_Foot_Diseases.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Graeme, JMA, Pia Marie Villamante