Prevent Food Poisoning
Edited by Debbie, Eulalee, Eng, Anonymous and 2 others
Food poisoning is common throughout the world. It is usually the result of eating food infected with bacteria or parasites. People who are victims of food poisoning get very sick and some of them may even die. Food poisoning can cause stomach upset, dehydration, and bloody stool. Be careful at home with food preparation as food poisoning can occur when meals are not properly prepared. So, how can you prevent food poisoning?
What Causes Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning is everywhere. We should be aware and careful of the foods we intake. Here are some causes of food poisoning.
- 1The spreading of germs and bacterias like salmonella, e.coli, viruses, etc.through the improper handling or storage of food.Advertisement
- 2Eating food which is not properly cooked.Advertisement
- 3Not refrigerating foods which are cooked more than an hour.
- 4Not chilling certain foods.
Basis of Contamination
- 1Molds and toxins.A toxin is known as a poison which could cause disease when it exists in the body. A mold is usually seen on your food when is stored too long on a container.Advertisement
- 2Parasites.Parasites are creatures that make their home in or on another creature (its host) and profits by obtaining its host's nutrients.
- 3Bacteria.Bacteria could be a source of some diseases. They have a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
- 4Viruses.Viruses may reproduce from the living cells of its host can only be seen with the aid of a microscope.
- 5Allergens.An allergen is an element that triggers allergic responses.
Food Poisoning Symptoms
Food poisoning could happen to anyone. Whether you're an infant or an adult. Let us know some symptoms of food poisoning. This symptoms typically involves the abdomen and intestines. The time frame for these symptoms to occur depends on its graveness.
- 1Do not leave food outside of the refrigerator for an extended period of time.Put food in the refrigerator as soon as possible after cooking.
- 2Make sure your food is cooked thoroughly.This includes meat and eggs.
- 3Wash your hands properly after handling meat.Also, wipe down counter surfaces with bleach or an anti-bacterial soap.
- 4Do not thaw foods on the kitchen counter.Put them in the fridge.
- 5Wash all fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- 6Don't use wooden cutting boards.They can harbor bacteria.
- 7Avoid eating raw eggs.
- 8Drink or sip only juices or ciders which are sterilized or sanitized.
- 9Toss out any food that doesn't smell right or look good enough to eat.
- 10Be careful where you dine.If the restaurant is dirty, chances are the kitchen is too.
Food poisoning treatment
- 1Drink plenty of water.This will help prevent dehydration.
- 2Eat light foods such as crackers or bread.Stay away from greasy foods that will increase chances of stomach upset.
- 3Get to the hospital.If you have uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea get medical attention.
- 4Eat yogurt.It contains live culture that helps to prevent problems associated with bad bacteria.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Go see your medical provider if your symptoms are getting worse.
- Make sure your kitchen utensils are sterilized.
- When in doubt, please throw it out!
- Also, It helps a lot to add a fresh garlic claw to your yogurt, garlic has a disinfecting effect that will help.
- Also, you may add dry mint to your yogurt. mist has a soothing effect to the stomach inner linen.
- My grandmother's favorite recipe is, to boil some potato, mach it with a garlic claw, yogurt and some salt, and a drop of extra version olive oil.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Pia Marie Villamante, Anonymous, Eng