Prevent Food Poisoning
Edited by Debbie, Eulalee, Eng, Pia Marie Villamante and 1 other
Food poisoning is common throughout the world. It is usually the result of eating food infected with bacteria or parasites. People who are victims of food poisoning get very sick and some of them may even die. Food poisoning can cause stomach upset, dehydration, and bloody stool. Be careful at home with food preparation as food poisoning can occur when meals are not properly prepared. So, how can you prevent food poisoning?
What Causes Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning is everywhere. We should be aware and careful of the foods we intake. Here are some causes of food poisoning.
- 1through the improper handling or storage of food.The spreading of germs and bacterias like salmonella, e.coli, viruses, etc.Advertisement
- 2Eating food which is not properly cooked.Advertisement
- 3Not refrigerating foods which are cooked more than an hour.
- 4Not chilling certain foods.
Basis of Contamination
- 1A toxin is known as a poison which could cause disease when it exists in the body. A mold is usually seen on your food when is stored too long on a container.Molds and toxins.Advertisement
- 2Parasites are creatures that make their home in or on another creature (its host) and profits by obtaining its host's nutrients.Parasites.
- 3Bacteria could be a source of some diseases. They have a wide variety of shapes and sizes.Bacteria.
- 4Viruses may reproduce from the living cells of its host can only be seen with the aid of a microscope.Viruses.
- 5An allergen is an element that triggers allergic responses.Allergens.
Food Poisoning Symptoms
Food poisoning could happen to anyone. Whether you're an infant or an adult. Let us know some symptoms of food poisoning. This symptoms typically involves the abdomen and intestines. The time frame for these symptoms to occur depends on its graveness.
- 1Put food in the refrigerator as soon as possible after cooking.Do not leave food outside of the refrigerator for an extended period of time.
- 2This includes meat and eggs.Make sure your food is cooked thoroughly.
- 3Also, wipe down counter surfaces with bleach or an anti-bacterial soap.Wash your hands properly after handling meat.
- 4Put them in the fridge.Do not thaw foods on the kitchen counter.
- 5Wash all fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- 6They can harbor bacteria.Don't use wooden cutting boards.
- 7Avoid eating raw eggs.
- 8Drink or sip only juices or ciders which are sterilized or sanitized.
- 9Toss out any food that doesn't smell right or look good enough to eat.
- 10If the restaurant is dirty, chances are the kitchen is too.Be careful where you dine.
Food poisoning treatment
- 1This will help prevent dehydration.Drink plenty of water.
- 2Stay away from greasy foods that will increase chances of stomach upset.Eat light foods such as crackers or bread.
- 3If you have uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea get medical attention.Get to the hospital.
- 4It contains live culture that helps to prevent problems associated with bad bacteria.Eat yogurt.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Go see your medical provider if your symptoms are getting worse.
- Make sure your kitchen utensils are sterilized.
- When in doubt, please throw it out!
- Also, It helps a lot to add a fresh garlic claw to your yogurt, garlic has a disinfecting effect that will help.
- Also, you may add dry mint to your yogurt. mist has a soothing effect to the stomach inner linen.
- My grandmother's favorite recipe is, to boil some potato, mach it with a garlic claw, yogurt and some salt, and a drop of extra version olive oil.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Eulalee