Edited by gurumurthy, Maria, Baylee, Calob Horton and 15 others
Questions and Answers
The phone just flashes after putting in the password nothing else shows?
I gave my phone to a friend and when he brought it, it was no longer working properly after putting in the password
If the phone flashes as in showing a logotype, powering down, and rebooting, then you might need to check the battery contacts on the device. Open the back cover and push the battery closer to the contacts of the phone by using an object that you can stuff between the battery and the rim of the phone.
Otherwise, hard-reset your device by following the tips in our tutorial on how to perform a factory reset. Scroll down to "Factory Reset Android Devices Not Booting Normally". If your phone will have a Chinese recovery menu, you will need to take a look at our answer available at this page with answers. Scroll down to the question and answer with a picture with Chinese hieroglyphs.
Its to unlock my phone of Lava Iris x8?
My phone is Lava Iris x8, I have forgotten the password & I couldn't open the device kindly help, how to unlock the device without losing data within
You can try one method and see if it works for you.
- 2You may need to use a microSD-to-SD adapter with its write-protection switch disabled.Take the microSD card either from your phone or a new one and insert it into the card reader of your computer.
- 3Copy the ZIP file from your computer to the microSD card.
- 4Eject the microSD card from your computer by clicking the USB icon in the system tray and selecting "Eject".
- 5Keep the phone switched off.Insert the microSD card into your phone.
- 6Press and hold the volume up and power buttons.
- 7Release the buttons when you see the Android logotype.
- 8Press the power button.
- 9You will enter the recovery mode.Press the volume up button.
- 10Now, use volume buttons to select menu items and the power button to confirm the selection.
- 11Select the ZIP file from the inserted microSD card ("Apply /sdcard/RemoveGesturesPassword.zip") to flash it.
- 12Select "reboot system now".
See more questions like this: How to conduct a phone unlock for investigative purposes?
Can't unlock my phone?
Somehow the password got changed. This guide is not working correctly. It keeps changing my online Google account password, not my screen unlock password on my phone! HELP!
It will not change your screen password. You will need to click the Forgot Password after 5 wrong attempts. Then you use your Google Account. Because you changed your Google password though, you may now be locked out for 72 hours from using your Google Account as a security measure.
New Xperia M4 Aqua, tried to restart after losing signal, will not turn on now?
Hi, I recently replaced my old Xperia M4 with a new one. This evening I noticed it had no signal so decided to restart the phone to see if this would fix the problem. I was wrong. My phone powers up to show "Sony Xperia" and will not turn on again. Is there a simple fix?. I have tried: Tried a restart without the SD card and SIM card with no success. I think it was caused by: Could be a game that I installed on the phone interfering with the software? Can't think of anything else.
Perform a hard reset on the Xperia or use the Xperia Companion posted in an above answer. It sounds like you may have somehow bricked your device. The Sony Companion PC tools will try to install the proper OS for your device.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: Can't make iRULU 7inch boot into recovery mode. Why
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: venkatavuluri, michelle0878, Alma