Present Safety Information in a Hotel Directory
Edited by Hotelier, Amanda, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today's tutorial will deal with how to present some safety information in your printed hotel guest room directory. You will also have a fire safety information card, which should be posted on the back of every guest room door. We will go over that in another tutorial. You should have some more broadly applicable, as well as some more specific, information on guest safety included in the directory.
- 3Indicate what a guest can do to avoid being disturbed.Usually, there is a privacy sign (DND, or "Do Not Disturb"). Inform the guest that if they do not want anybody to knock on the door or enter the room, they can use their privacy sign and hang that on their door in order to avoid being disturbed during their stay.
- 4Inform guests if there is an in-room safe and/or a safety deposit box at reception.These are places in which a guest can lock their valuables in order to protect them during their stay. This is better than objects sitting out in the open or in their luggage, where they can be potentially and unfortunately removed by someone or lost.
- 8Tell guests what to do if they cannot open the window.These are all very good tips for guests to have in order to maximize their safety. It also tells them how to let emergency services, staff, and other guests know that their room may be occupied but they're stuck in it and cannot leave. It's an easy way for guests to be identified.
- 9Create a section about any area-specific disasters.If the area is prone to flooding, tornadoes, earthquakes, or a similar disaster, it is important to include a section about it. Not everyone will be familiar with how to react in these types of events, because the area in which they are living may not be experiencing them. If there are any area-specific disasters, do include a very short line or two of what a guest can do and how they can best protect themselves.
- 10This concludes today's tutorial on how to present safety information for your hotel in your printed guest room directory.If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.Advertisement
Video: Present Safety Information in a Hotel Directory
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Eng, Amanda, Hotelier