Prepare your device for the iOS 7 upgrade
Edited by Witz Taluban, Lynn
The Genesis of a iOS 7 brought clamor in the internet world. With Apple's newest update, iOS device fans out there would rave for the new addition in there pockets, a widely anticipated update of the world's most popular device. Keep in mind that with an update, available preparations should be done to ensure successful upgrades in the future.
Priority: Check upgrade requirements
Is your device eligible for upgrade? First and foremost, check your device compatibility to see if it is able to upgrade for the new update. Bear in mind that after upgrading, it is irreversible and you will not be able to downgrade.
Available devices for upgrade
Do a System Clean Up
Delete unused files and uninstall occasionally used apps. To execute this, tap the applications icon until it moves or wiggles. Then tap on the red minus sign in the upper left corner to delete it. These may clutter up the system and cause unwanted errors on the upgrade. Furthermore, these apps use up some space. More space equals a faster device. Organize your files and apps.
Do an Update of Your iTunes and Installed Apps
Apple forces you to have the latest iTunes installed if you are updating via your computer. So before you get started run iTunes and choose the option to update to the latest version. Even if you decide to update OTA (over the air) and not use iTunes to upgrade to iOS 7 its best to upgrade your iTunes before starting this procedure.
Back Up Your Files
Remember to also back things up. If the upgrade fails, you will also have your handy-dandy old files for restoration. The more recent your backups are, the easier and less arduous it will be for you to bear the burden of retrieving your files.
How to Back Up to iTunes
- 1Use USB sync channel and connect your iOS device.
- 2Consequently, If your iOS device does not auto-sync refer to step number 3.
- 3And lastly, place your fingers on the icon Back-up-now.Tap icon Summary.
Enable back up Through iCloud
- 1Without internet connection the below steps would not work.Connect your iOS device to a lan connection or possibly W-Lan network.
- 2Go to settings tap iCloud icon.
- 3Tap Storage and Backup
- 4Tap the icon Back up now.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- It is important to restart after doing the above steps in order to free up some memory space.
- Do not try to multi-task while you are performing the above steps, but focus on following the instructions properly. Otherwise you will end up having to start all over again.
- Be patient and wait. Haste makes waste.
- When making a backup for iTunes and enabling encryption be sure to jot down your encrypted password otherwise you have trouble if you forget and restart the backup process again.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Witz Taluban