Prepare for divorce / living alone again
Edited by Innocent Yogo, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
You have been enduring your failing marriage in vain and now you are contemplating for a divorce. Are you ready for it? If your spouse also feels tired putting up with you and has decided to ask for a divorce, will you be able to accept it? It is high time that you start preparing for the divorce so that when it finally comes , you will be able to remain stable and live a happy life alone once again. This articles gives you the perfect ways through which you can prepare yourself to live alone again after a failed marriage. It is not the end of the world and your life can actually move on normally and successfully. You don't have to regret anything. If your marriage never worked then divorce might make you a better person ever!
- 1Accept the fact that your marriage has failed and be willing to end it through a divorce - Acceptance is the first step to healing and the sooner you accept, the better for your health and consciousness.You will be able to move on easily and start living alone happily after the divorce if you have accepted the fact that your marriage has completely failed and you cannot make it work anymore. If you are still holding onto your failed marriage then you may not be able to move on with your life effectively after the divorce.Advertisement
- 2Seek advice from a good lawyer - If your spouse has asked for a divorce or even if you are the one tired of your failed marriage and you want to end it through a divorce, you need a good lawyer to help you go through it successfully.The lawyer will guide you on the requirements of the law of the land concerning divorce so that you are not caught unawares. The lawyer will also advice on what to do and when to do what. This will help you win the case if you are the one filing for the divorceAdvertisement
- 3Have relevant documents in place and know what clearly belongs to you - You should have clear knowledge of your resources that you have acquired with your partner.You should also have information about the whereabouts of the relevant documents concerning the properties you own together so that when the time for the divorce comes, you will be able to acquire what rightfully belongs to you. This will also help you and your lawyer in filing for the divorce and through the divorce so that you have your properties after the divorce.
- 4Start being independent - Start doing everything on your own as if your spouse is no longer available for help in anything.By doing so, you will get used to being responsible for every part of your life and living alone after divorce will be very enjoyable. You won't feel discouraged and uncomfortable because you would have mastered the art of being alone again.
- 5Visualize your life as a single person before you got married - Were you living a happy single life before you got married?Most people who opt for divorce are those who lived their single lives successfully only to get into marriage and start encountering challenges that they cannot overcome easily.
- 6Make new important friends - It is always said that 'a friend in need is a friend in deed' so you need to associate with good friends whom you can count on to stand with you during hard times.
- 7Talk about it - You can talk to a friend about your situation since 'a problem shared is half solved'.If you have a close friend whom you trust or someone you consider to be your confidant then you can pour out your heart to them about the situation and you will feel a bit relieved.
- 8Prepare your children psychologically for the divorce if you have any - If there are children involved in your marriage and you have already made up your mind to file for a divorce then you need to let them know early enough especially if they are old enough to understand what is going on.This will help them to be prepared to stay with one parent depending on whom the court will decide to have the custody of the children.
- 9Seek guidance and counseling from a professional marriage counselor - If you feel emotionally overwhelmed then you can seek guidance and counseling to get assurance that you can still make it after divorce.A good counselor will help you from the time you realize that you need a divorce and through your divorce process to help you cope with the situation.
- 10Forgive your spouse and avoid carrying the baggage - You must have been going through hell for you to start contemplating divorce.You must be having a feeling that your spouse contributed majorly to this. You need to just forgive him or her for you to have peace of mind. If carry the baggage of the wrongs that your spouse did to you to your new life of single-hood then you will be affected emotionally and you will be very depressed.
How to enjoy living alone again after divorce
You have finally divorced! Your life has changed all of a sudden from being married to being alone again. How will you cope with this situation? If you had a good preparation for the divorce by following the tips mentioned above then the divorce will not surprise you at all and you will not be affected much. However, you need to learn how to tackle some challenges that may come your way.
- 1Always have positive thinking because you become what you think.When you start thinking negatively, stop and think of the good things that has happened in your lifeAdvertisement
- 2know that life is what you make it.You make your own life enjoyable or miserable depending on your attitude
- 3Stop feeling sorry for yourself.You have to believe that you made the right decision and move on from there
- 4Socialize with friends and relatives.You may end up finding a new partner who may turn out to better than your ex-husband
- 5Keep yourself busy to create no room for loneliness
- 6Work hard to have what your spouse could have provided for you financially.You can look for a better job or start some business
- 7Let people know about your new status.They should also know that you are happy about it. This will minimize criticism by some part of the society who believe that divorce is bad
- 8You can also pray when you feel discouraged especially if you believe in spirituality.You will find a sense of peace by talking to God about your situationAdvertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Anyone, even those who are not yet married can prepare for divorce. You never know what might happen
- You should work hard to make your marriage work but if it can't work then accept the fate and move on
- the earlier you get prepared for divorce the better you will when it happens
- You are the manager of your own life, no one should force you to do anything against your will
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Marriage
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Lynn