Prepare for a Beach Vacation
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Jonathan, Lynn, Eng and 2 others
Have you planned your vacation trip? The best spot for many people when they are looking for a relaxing vacation would be the beach.
Some of the best beaches in the world are Bora Bora in Tahiti, The Hamptons in New York, and Lanikai Beach in Hawaii.
The glittering sand that you feel on your toes, the swaying and rocking movement of every tree, the sunset, the strong warm winds that you feel on your skin, and the flourishing tropical plants are all a part of the experience. These are the elements that make up a beautiful and relaxing beach getaway.
It would be fun and exciting to bring your family and friends with you.
Before going to your destination, you should make sure to pack the important things that you will need and not only bring the essentials, but a few little extras too. Packing too much can result in a hassle, but forgetting part of what you need can be a headache too.
Here is a list of the things you will need to enjoy your beach vacation.
Things You'll Need
Things to Do Before Leaving for a Vacation
- 1Unplug all appliances.Advertisement
- 2Inform a trusted neighbor that you are leaving and give your phone number to them in case of emergency.
- 3Check and service your car - tires, brakes, battery, etc.
- 4Stop deliveries like mail, newspapers, etc.
- 5Notify your credit card company about your vacation.
- 6Coordinate with someone about your plant and pet care.
- 7Empty your refrigerator.
- 8Close and lock all doors and Windows before leaving.
- 9Park your car in your garage or in a safe place.
- 10Turn off all AC/heaters.
Steps for Preparing for a Beach Vacation
- 1First of all you need to choose your preferred beach location.Advertisement
- 2Determine how many things you will be bringing.
- 3Start dieting three weeks before the beach vacation so that you look your absolute best.
- 4Do not forget to bring your chargers for your phones, laptops, tablets, and digital and DLSR cameras.
- 5Bring medicine for diarrhea, headaches, stomachaches, wounds, motion sickness, etc.
- 6By the middle of the week, you can hand-wash the used ones if necessary while on vacation.Bring underwear and socks for one week - not too many and not too few.
- 7Apply sunblock to prevent sunburns.
- 8Bring your own beach chairs or mats.
- 9Bring your own food.Advertisement
Tips for a More Enjoyable Beach Outing
- Build your sun shelter.
- Craft some necklaces made out of shells.
- Read good books for hours by the beach.
- Get a relaxing massage with the beach and the sunset as backdrop.
- Drink one too many into the wee hours of the morning.
- Take footage of the beautiful waves.
- Get snapshots of some beach attractions or treasures.
- Buy or make some kites for your kids.
- Build sand castles.
- Ride on a jet ski.
- Bury yourself in the sand.
- Challenge the waves by surfing.
- Experience the view under the sea by snorkeling.
- Collect some seashells.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Robbi, Eng, Lynn