Prepare for War in Clash of Clans
Edited by Grimm, Leomar Umpad, Eng, Jen M and 1 other
You are watching VisiHow. Today, we are going to show you how to access the Clash of Clans War menu to prepare your Clash of Clans building for war, to setup your defenses, buildup your base, or attack someone else depending on how far along your particular clan is towards going into war.
- 1Not all clans and not all people will actually engage in war. I'll show you how to choose whether or not you will participate in wars - irrespective if whether your clan actually participates or not.For those of you who maybe just starting out of the game, war happens when one clan declares war on the other.Advertisement
- 5Under My Profile, you have the option to choose for clan wars. If you tap this, it changes from green to red. Red means you don't want to participate and green means you do want to participate. In my case, I've chosen to participate so I can show you how this works. Press the red "X" to close the menu.This can be changed by tapping on My Profile.
- 9This indicates that our clan has declared war against another clan - or that clan has declared war against us. There are two primary menus to this. The first one is a list of all the people in your clan who are participating in the war. As you can see, my little clan house is here. Scroll up to the top to see all the people in your clan.Now, we are seeing is that it's preparation day.
- 10This shows you the enemy. Any time that you're looking at any of the players or houses here, you can simply tap one. When you tap it, you will begin with a pop-up menu with a little green button that says "Scout". Tapping on "Scout" will let you zoom in and view that particular clan or particular house. So tap on them and press the "Scout" button. You have to make sure that you actually tap the button.Now, you can press the button on enemy.
- 11However, this could simply be a creative design - I'm not entirely sure. What happens when war starts will depend on whether this person is effectively defending or not. You can cycle through by pressing the right or left buttons here. Those right or left buttons will continuously take you to other members of the clan and show you what each one of them is doing in terms of their war efforts or their preparations to defend their villages and bases from your attacks. When you're finished looking at other people, you can simply tap on the War Map button - that will take you back to main War Map.Now, this individual is probably in the process of restructuring or preparing their clan for the war.
- 13Now, you'll see that you can either select yourself, which will give you a list of the current troops you have defending against someone else attacking you; you can scout yourself; you can request specific troops; or you can simply press the screen anywhere which will take you back-off them.This will take you back to your own village.
- 14When you tap that one time, it is going to let you edit your base, so that's it - somewhat, different from wars. You can tap the Edit Layout or you can actually tap the base itself. You can tap Home Village, to see your Home Village design or War Base.Now, we are going tap the Edit War Base button.
- 18This provides a reasonable degree of defense while making sure that when my clan troops will be drawn out and attacked, as they will be, I will still have a degree of protection around myself and my main base area. Obviously, a much stronger or more powerful player would easily overcome my defenses. However, a player with the same level as me will likely have a hard time doing that.To show you the difference between a war base and home base, you will see that I placed cannons on the outer areas and a mortar on the back between two archer towers.
- 19I have an archer tower actually sitting out in the open and my cannons and mortars are all inside. My reinforcement troop setup is not even inside the wall. This is because during times when you're not in war, as a rule of thumb, larger and more powerful players will typically attack you and overwhelm your defenses and it does not really matter where you place things. In war, however, it's different because there are an equal number of players placed against each other and the enemies of each other are, more or less, evenly matched. All the most powerful players of an enemy base, attack all the weaker players of the enemy. That leaves no one on the weaker players, on the weaker team, left to attack the more powerful players because they don't have any chance of winning. Because of this, it is always a good idea to have your own base set up differently from war than you do during non-war times.If you look at the Home Base that I have (tap Cancel to exit out of the War Base edit without saving our editing), you will see that I have a very different structure for non-war times.
- 20Let's close the editor by pressing the "X" button. Now, pressing the Return to Home button will return me back to my regular home base and allow me to continue playing the game, as I normally would. Another important thing to note is that during war, your war attacks and your war defenses are very different than your standard attacks and standard defenses which will occur outside of war.Let's go then and press Cancel to get out of this since I am not changing anything.
- 21Thank you for choosing VisiHow and have a great day!This concludes our tutorials for how to setup a war base, how to access the war menu and setup your war base for the Clash of Clans game.Advertisement
Video: Prepare for War in Clash of Clans
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Prepare for War in Clash of Clans. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Prepare_for_War_in_Clash_of_Clans
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Prepare for War in Clash of Clans." VisiHow, visihow.com/Prepare_for_War_in_Clash_of_Clans Accessed 30 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Prepare for War in Clash of Clans." Accessed Apr 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Prepare_for_War_in_Clash_of_Clans.
Categories : Clash of Clans
Recent edits by: Jen M, Eng, Leomar Umpad