Prepare an Emergency Survival Kit
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Lynn, Alma
Ever experienced an emergency situation wherein you are not prepared for the right tools? Guess everybody does. Detailed planning has an essential and important part in emergency and survival situations. There are a lot of information that needs to be tackled. Here is an overview of preparing an emergency survival kit.
What is an emergency survival kit?
An emergency survival kit is a pack, box or a collection of tools and supplies needed in an emergency situation that is prepared in advance or before any incident has happened.
This kit is used to aid civilians who are in critical conditions and provides basic shelter. Military automobiles, boats, aircraft and civilians who work in areas with extreme conditions are equipped with survival kits. These kits come in many sizes, depending on the graveness of the situation.
What to do during an emergency
- 1This is the most important thing. Memorize this number, so that whenever an emergency arises you will know who to call. Calling 911 is free of charge.Call 911.Advertisement
- 2Give your exact details to the operator and listen to everything he or she says. Don't hang up until your conversation is over.Give your name and address.
- 3Don't panic, and use your common sense.Stay calm and focused.
- 4Remember the locations of the fire exits to have an alternate route.Know the locations of the fire exits.
Three safety tips
- 1Emergencies often happen when you least expect them; you may be at home, at work or at school. You should have a strategy that your family can plan. Making your plan is easy as long as you work together.Make a plan.
- 2You kit should always be ready and prepared for any emergency cases.Get your kit.
- 3Get informed about the things happening around you.Stay updated.Advertisement
Categories : Safety
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Pia Marie Villamante