Prepare a Creamy Shrimp Noodle Dish
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria, Maureen D., Charmed and 5 others
Eating the same foods everyday can be quite boring, and it may make your whole family feel dull. If you are the only one who knows how to cook at home, you may want to try different dainty dishes for your family. Perhaps, you may want to try this unique and tasty creamy shrimp noodle dish that will surely make your family feel like they are eating at a restaurant. Follow the steps below to know how to prepare a creamy shrimp noodle dish:
- 0.125 kg of flat noodles
- 1 package, 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 200 grams of shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can (295 grams) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Paprika (optional)
Steps to prepare
For the flat noodles:
- 1Boil water in a saucepan and then add 1 tablespoon of oilAdvertisement
- 2Add flat noodles, and when it is al dente, drain the flat noodles and put in a bowl.Advertisement
For the sauce and flat noodle combination:
- 1Mix the flattened noodles and cream cheese in a bowl
For the shrimp:
- 1Cook the shrimp in butter, then add salt and pepper.
- 2Mix the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, chopped parsley and mustard in another bowl then spread this over the shrimp.
- 3Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top
- 4Bake in preheated oven 170°C for 25 minutes or until hot and cheese melts
- 1Put the cooked flat noodle with shrimp into a plate
Vegetarian Variation to the Recipe
Vegan prawns or shrimps can be found in the market to substitute real prawn/shrimp. It tastes like real shrimp and the texture, is like you are eating the real deal too! Some variety are sold cut in bite size pieces and some are whole. These products are very high in fiber and very little calories. They are pre-cooked, so reheat or add in your dishes at the last minute of cooking and you are done!
Vegetarian shrimp pasta
This mouth watering recipe is light to the tummy, easy to prepare, takes about less than an hour.
Nutritional Information of this recipe
- 535 calories per serving
- 29 grams protein per serving
- 76 grams carbohydrates per serving
- 15 grams fat per serving
- 3 grams saturated fat per serving
- 2 grams fiber per serving
- 1 clove thinly sliced medium garlic or more according to your preference
- 1/2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 medium squash, shredded
- 1 medium sized carrot, shredded
- 1/2 pound whole vegan shrimps or prawns
- Extra virgin olive oil - 3 tablespoonfuls
- 1 box of whole wheat pasta (13.5 oz)
- Grated cheese of your choice
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Step by step procedure:
- 1Bring 3 liters of water to a boil in a pot
- 2Add the whole box of pasta as soon as the water boils up
- 3Stir from time to time to prevent them from sticking to each other
- 4Cook until al dente (about seven to eight minutes)
- 5Heat a frying pan in medium heat, then pour in olive oil.
- 6Add garlic until golden brown.
- 7Add the shredded vegetables.
- 8Add the vegan shrimps after a couple of minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- 9Add in the cooked pasta (strained), and toss to blend the flavors well.
- 10Adjust the seasoning according to taste.
- 11Serve right away, topped with grated cheese of your choice and chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 servings