Prepare Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Robbi, Lynn, Anonymous and 1 other
Chicken Crockpot Recipes
It is quite time consuming and costly to keep ordering takeout every night. And actually, there is no need to keep doing this. Learning to cook mouthwatering and easy dishes like the chicken crockpot recipe is a great way to have festive nights and still save some dough. With a few simple steps, you can cook this delectable dish while downsizing your food costs. Check out these recipes and see just how easy cooking can really be.
What is a Crockpot?
A Crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is normally used in countries such as the US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. This allows unattended cooking for many hours. Cooking for long periods helps absorb the flavor into the chicken and helps tenderize the meat.
Slow Cook Southern Chicken
Chicken crockpot recipes such as this are perfect dishes for festive parties. This particular chicken crockpot is made with orange marinade. If you like the sweet, tangy flavor of orange chicken, you are sure to like this too. For the best results, it is recommended that you refrigerate the chicken in its marinade for at least four hours before cooking.
For the marinade:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (light will do fine)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A dash of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 whole oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, green or red, seeded, cut in strips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Blend all the marinade ingredients and place in a re-sealable plastic bag.Advertisement
- 2Put the chicken inside the plastic bag, and refrigerate for at least four hours (or better yet, overnight).Advertisement
- 3Place the chicken and marinade in a slow cooker and switch it on.
- 4In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms, and add to the chicken and marinade in the slow cooker.
- 5Set the Crockpot to cook for five to six hours on low heat.
- 6An hour before the dish is done, add some mandarin orange sections, ginger, and green pepper, and mix well.
- 7Meanwhile, mix cold water, milk and cornstarch.Fifteen minutes before removing chicken from the Crockpot, add the cornstarch mixture. Stir slowly until mixture is incorporated into the dish; simmer for the remaining 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. Serve hot. After it is cooked, mix cornstarch, cold water and milk.
Italian Crockpot Chicken
Prepare with hot penne pasta, crusty and salty garlic bread, and crispy green salad to experience Italian dining with this chicken Crockpot recipe.
- 6-8 frozen boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope of French's Brand Italian Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- 1Using the dry spaghetti mix, rub it on the chicken to increase the flavor and put it inside the Crockpot.
- 2Mix with tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 3Cook for eight hours on low or four on high.
- 4Serve with penne pasta and glaze with Parmesan cheese.
Oriental Crockpot Chicken
The best chicken crockpot recipes allow you to load the dinner table with vegetables. These are cooked with chicken tenders and Asian flavors. Serve this with rice or noodles for a tasty meal.
Want to fill your table with the flavor of Asia? Then this chicken Crockpot recipe is for you. The chicken is cooked until tender and mixed with vegetables served with either rice or noodles this will let taste the culture of Asia!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders, boneless
- 2 cups bok choi, in 1 ½-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut in large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in large chunks
- 1 packet Kikkoman Chicken Salad Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed oriental vegetables
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1Cut the chicken into one and a half pieces.Place the first eight ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat for six hours.
- 3Add the vegetables and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Mix cornstarch, cold water and add slowly while mixing.Let it cook for another 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, and enjoy!Advertisement
Whether you live in Asia or the United States, chicken Crockpot recipes are good to serve for festive gatherings and even normal meals. The flavors in this dish can make you feel at home anywhere.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Meats & Main Dishes
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Lynn, Robbi