Power On and Off the iPhone 5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Maria
Edit Turning On the iPhone 5
The process of turning on the iPhone 5 is quite similar to most phones. It requires pressing and holding the Power button. The full procedures are explained below:
- 1With your phone turned off, locate the Power button placed on the upper right corner of the iPhone 5.2Press and hold the Power button to turn the phone on.3Continue holding the Power button until the screen to lights up.4When the screen lights up, release the Power button.5Wait for your phone to boot and you should be taken to the home screen.6When the home screen appears, you are done with turning on your iPhone 5 and it is ready to use.
- If your phone won't turn on, check if it has not fully drained its battery juice. To do it, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes until the charging icon will show.
- If your phone won't still turn on, check if it is not a problem with the charger. You can check on this by using a different working charger to charge your phone.
- If your phone won't still turn on, have an Apple technician check on it. Take advantage of the warranty if it is still available.
Edit Turning Off the iPhone 5
The process of turning off the iPhone may not be similar to most phones but the process is the same with most iDevices. It requires pressing and holding the Power button and a "swiping confirmation" to initiate phone shutdown. The full procedures are explained below:
- 1With your phone turned on, locate the Power button placed on the upper right corner of the iPhone 5.2Press and hold the Power button to initiate phone power shutdown.3Wait for the confirmation prompt.Confirm the shut down process by swiping the slider to the right.4Wait for the phone to completely shut down.5When your phone has finally turned off all its light, shut down has been completed.
- On step 3, you can cancel the shut down process by tapping on the cancel button.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 706 times.