Edited by Maria, Jonathan V. Lomabao, Eng, desemsetti and 1 other
Questions and Answers
Positive and negative effects of honey and lime to the voice or vocal ability?
Honey and lime are among the best natural home remedies in improving a hoarse voice. However, excessive use of these natural remedies also have negative effects on the vocal quality. Below are some positive and negative effects of honey and lime to the voice:
- POSITIVE EFFECTS
1. Has a soothing effect to the throat. The thick consistency of the honey effectively coats and lubricate the throat and provide temporarily relief to the swollen throat tissues improving your scratchy voice.
2. Have antibacterial properties. Honey also have antibacterial properties which effectively reduces the bacterial infection in the throat allowing the vocal cords to heal.
1. Have antibacterial properties. The antibacterial compounds present in limes can effectively kill bacterial infection in the throat.
2. Clears throat from phlegm and helps liquefying thick mucus secretions in the throat.
3. Natural nasal decongestant. Citrus fruits effectively decongest blocked nasal passages allowing a person to breathe normally which effectively improves his singing voice.
- NEGATIVE EFFECTS
1. Honey is acidic which if taken in excessive amounts can irritate the throat resulting to the hoarseness of voice.
2. Honey if it is not diluted and taken raw can impede the airway passages because of its thick consistency making you strain your voice.
1. Lime is also acidic. If it is not diluted, lime also irritate the throat resulting to swollen vocal cords and hoarseness of voice.
2. It also promote acid reflux if it is taken excessively. The acid content of lime greatly irritates the stomach making its acidic gastric contents to reflux which damages the vocal cords.
In general, honey and lime if taken moderately and properly diluted can effectively improve a person's singing voice, but if they are not properly diluted and they are taken in excessive amounts can negatively worsen a person's singing voice.
How do I dilute honey or lime for my vocals to get better?
I love singing and I want to reach high pitch comfortably, thank you
The proportions may vary, depending upon your preferences and feeling. If you wish to add lime or honey into warm water, then a good ratio is one cup of water per 1 - 1.5 tablespoons of lime juice with 1 tablespoon of honey. Drink it one hour before singing or throughout the day, but do it slowly: the honey needs time to coat the vocal cords while the lime clears mucus from them. The overall drink temperature and water make vocal folds elastic and relaxed, which is always good for singing. This will allow you to reach higher notes easier.
Will honey and lime help in making hoarse voice normal?
I have a hoarse voice and once a doctor said Tonsil. So will honey and lime diluted with water help in this case? If that's the case, then how should it be taken?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: What natural herbs affect your voice
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: desemsetti, Eng, Jonathan V. Lomabao