Play a Ranger in AOC
Edited by Grimm, MsBarbs, Eng
Hi, you are watching VisiHow, today's video is a player request from the "Age of Conan" (AOC) online game. This video is going to show a new or fresh level 80 ranger character, who does not have the best equipment, how they can effectively kill monsters and survive attacks from monsters in the harder parts of the game. This will let you take down one monster at a time or allow you to take down, relatively easily, two monsters at the same time. Once you have your equipment on, and you get a little bit better equipment, you will be able to take down three monsters and sometimes more.
Let's start with this monster in front of us. This is a level 84 'diseased night runner'. There is a very specific way we are going to attack it, we are going to put down a firetrap, a leg hold trap, then we are going to back up behind those two traps. We are going to use a lower attack bonus, which would trigger our mesmerize shot (mez shot) which will stun the monster for eight seconds. We do not need the full eight seconds, but the mez shot is very important for things that we will do later when we have more than one monster and we need to incapacitate one. Then we are going to prime our next attack with an advantage that advantage is a fire attack. The fire attack will do approximately an extra thousand damage.
- 1What this is going to do is after using any advantage the Rangers attack will inflict bleeding wounds on their target. Investing points increases damage dealt by this attack.In addition to that, if we take a quick look at our feats, you can see your feat tree by pressing 'n', you can see that you have 'rending strikes'.Advertisement
- 2The damage over time effects this as well and because we have the lower attack bonus, which is 35% hindered movement, is actually going to be increase to about 60-65% which is going to slow that monster down. He is going to hit our firetrap, he's going to hit our leg trap and he's going to be Stuck there. By then we would have been able to do an upper and a lower attack, and use our bleeding puncture shot, which is going to do damage over time. If he is still alive, we will have had time to get one more upper or lower attack off and use our linebreaker attack. This will knock him back, and if that still doesn't kill him, then we will be able to do another attack. So let's get started.So we have five points here, that is 100% extra damage, that means we are going to get our thousand points of damage from here.Advertisement
- 13Very little damage at all taken and we killed them before they reached us. Now let me show you how to do that where you will take a little damage, but you are going to be taking out two monsters at once. One minute while I re-position the character.There you go, that is two monsters taken out and each with almost no damage to us.
- 14That means taking out as many monsters as possible, as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Also sometimes it means switching from your crossbow, or your bow and arrow, to your sword and shield.Perhaps the most important part of effectively playing a ranger at the higher levels is being able to maximize your damage and your ability to survive.
- 21Your sword attack, 'deft stabs', is instant. You can use up and down to increase the damage, but it is just a quick attack. Many times I will just tap it, I do not even use up or down. If I just need a little damage to finish something off.What we are going to do now is show you some of the tricks that you can use with the melee attacks.
- 23It roots them. You can get an eight-second root, which is just great for a Ranger. What I like to do is hide. I set my traps like I normally do, I hide, I open up with my mez shot. I apply an advantage to that. I root, just as I snare normally, and I get my two shots off. After I put another shot into it, I plan to be using my knock-back attack. If I am saving traps or whatever, I know instinctively that when I am going to use a knock-back attack it is always an upper attack.Then of course your 'cripple attack' is particularly useful.
- 33Just like that, it is a little messier as you can see we have a little bit less health left than we did, but it is a very effective tactic and the knockback attack and the root are both just fantastic. I use them constantly.He catches on fire, and then we do an upper, a knockback, an upper, a lower, and add in a fire attack, root, and deft stab.
- 57That way when you use one and it goes on a 45 second cool down, the other will be available, and it may have a 20-25 second cool down. This way you can use both of them in longer attack sequence, which is helpful. Or if you are moving from target-to-target you can change them.This is an advantage, and you want to have two advantages.
- 62That is because you get a 73-point increase to your critical damage. It basically works out to a 10% increase if you have this ability triggered and since you are using evasive action pretty regularly this ability will often trigger and that lets you get extra damage from criticals.One thing I sometimes do, is drop off some of my clever trapping, and rapid trapping because you do not use much of those and I put those points into 'fancy footwork'.
- 63If you need Additional help or anything else just let us know in the comments section. Do please give us a like, a share, or whatever else. In addition, let us know if you need some more videos as I will be happy to make them. I do like playing the game and any excuse is great. Thanks and have a great day.Anyway, that is everything thank you for watching VisiHow and hopefully we have been able to help you with this tutorial.Advertisement
Video: Play a Ranger in AOC
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Grimm