Play World of Warcraft for Free
Edited by Sean, Yuliya, Eng
Hi, everyone. This is Sean from VisiHow and today I'm going to be showing you how to play World of Warcraft for free, how to download and install it, how to do all of that - and what all of your options are.
- 1It has been for about 10 years now. They've had tons of expansions and lots of stuff, and it was originally subscription only and they didn't have any trial versions or anything. But now they have a way for you to try up to level 20 for free with the Starter Edition.As you probably know if you were looking for this topic, World of Warcraft is one of the biggest - probably THE biggest - MMORPG in the world.Advertisement
- 2To make an account you don't have to enter a credit card or anything like that, it's just free. You can play up to level 20 for a month. It still uses the subscription service, so after 30 days go by they're going to want to start charging you for a subscription.All you have to do is make an account right here.This will be a Battlenet account.Advertisement
- 4Usually it will do it through the specific game you signed up on. Here it shows all the games, like HearthStone, Diablo, Starcraft, and their upcoming OverWatch. But any of these will work as long as you have Battlenet you can access any of the games you have access to.Once you've logged into Battlenet, you can go over to battlen.net and login, and it will let you download the Battlenet client.
- 6This will start the installer and it will ask you where you want to install to, what drive, and it will ask you if you want to do automatic updates to the game as long as you have Battlenet open. Once you do that, you press Start Install and it's going to start going.Most of these are installed, so when you want to install you just go to one of these games and you just press install.
- 7It still has 28 GB to go but there is a point where it's "playable" and a point where it's "optimal." Optimal means that a lot of it is downloaded and it's going to run really well, it should be just like it's full. It will probably still download in the background and that might be a problem, but it's not as bad as Playable. Playable you might experience issues with performance and lag. But you can still jump in and start playing right now, which only took me 5 minutes to get there. Obviously all of this needs an internet connection to get to it, but it is very easy to jump into World of Warcraft these days.There's a certain point in the download where it becomes playable.
- 8It's telling me what version of the game I have, and that's the version that is free up to level 20 and doesn't require a subscription for the first 30 days. You can redeem a code if you own an older version of the game and you want to unlock it so you don't have to pay the $20, or you can use that to redeem a code for the expansion. Or you can click on the "Buy Game" option and that will take you to all of that. But of course, you can just try the starter, check it out, and not pay anything.Up on the left of the Battlenet client, is says World of Warcraft Starter Edition.
- 9If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. As you can see, it's very easy to jump in and start playing World of Warcraft for free, pretty quickly. That took less than five minutes and I was already at a playable state in the install. Thanks for checking out this VisiHow video.That's all pretty straightforward.Advertisement
Video: Play World of Warcraft for Free
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Play World of Warcraft for Free. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 1, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Play_World_of_Warcraft_for_Free
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Play World of Warcraft for Free." VisiHow, visihow.com/Play_World_of_Warcraft_for_Free Accessed 1 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Play World of Warcraft for Free." Accessed May 1, 2017. http://visihow.com/Play_World_of_Warcraft_for_Free.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Yuliya, Sean