Play World of Warcraft
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Melsan, Eng
Enter a world of boundless adventure as a hero fighting battles with horrific monsters, and taking suspense-filled quests into far-off lands beyond imagination. It is a WoW in more ways than one. WoW! as the exclamation you make as you play it, and WoW as the acronym for World of Warcraft. This online game is very popular with millions of subscribers all over the planet. Among all the Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games, or MMORPG, it is number one these days!
WoW can be played in four different ways. You can play the game one way by defeating gruesome monsters and going on thrilling quests. A second way is by fighting monsters, going on quests, and fighting other players in hand-to-hand combat as they drop in on you at any time. You can face the monsters and opponents in the third-person, or in the first-person. It is great in that you have four choices of how to play the game. No wonder it is so popular! Are you ready for some fun and some exciting adventure?
- 1 There Are Minimum Computer Requirements
- 2 Select a Realm with One of Four Fun Ways to Play
- 3 Elements of WoW
- 4 WoW is a Social Game
- 5 Begin with Quests
- 6 How to Combat and Win
- 7 World of Warcraft classes information and how to play
- 8 Death Knight
- 9 Mage
- 10 Monks
- 11 Paladin
- 12 Priest
- 13 Hunter
- 14 Comments
There Are Minimum Computer Requirements
- 1First, to enjoy the game you need fast internet for playing World of Warcraft.Advertisement
- 2If your computer and internet connection can meet these requirements, you will find it highly entertaining and challenging.There are specific minimum requirements required for you to play World of Warcraft with the best quality.Advertisement
- 3Operating System (OS) - Windows XP or later OS will be optimal.
- 4It must be a 64-bit capacity.Central Processing Unit (CPU) - You need a Pentium D or later version of microprocessor.
- 5Random Access Memory (RAM) - As long as you have 2 GB of RAM, you will be fine.
- 6The latest PCs have a GPU integrated on the motherboard. You can plug into the motherboard a top-end video graphics card for the best graphics and animation playing WoW.Video Graphics Card or Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) - This is a key component for all computer games.
Select a Realm with One of Four Fun Ways to Play
- 1Each server gives you a fantastic realm with a unique environment in which you have a choice to play with or against other players worldwide. Each realm also has a spectacular adventure, or quest, in which you combat various species of man-eating monsters! There are progressively more challenging levels as you play to keep it all competitive as you improve your fighting skills. Thanks to the realms, too, you can role play as a hero in the first-person, or as an active participant in the third-person. Here is a brief description of each realm:You can choose one of four realms, which is created by a server.
- PvE or Normal - This is ideal for the neophyte. It is simple to play, yet challenging. Your nemesis is a worthy opponent: A harsh, life-threatening environment. You will enjoy the colorful, yet foreboding surroundings as you struggle for your very life.
- RP - This is the first-person "role playing" realm of the normal, PvE version.
- PvP - This "Player versus Player" version is within a realm in which you must face the enemy forces and monsters in mortal combat. This is a higher level than the the PvE or RP realms, and as you master it, you can set PvP to higher, more challenging levels. Within the PvP you can also remove the designated danger zones for a more "pleasant" change of scenery for survival.
- RP - PvP - This is a first-person realm of the PvP in WoW. It is of the utmost danger, and is not for the meek or weak. RP-PvP is for the experienced, die-hard World of Warcraft warrior.
Elements of WoW
- 1You have a wide range of characters to select from, and you can create unique traits for your hero. There are nine class categories from which to choose, and each class has special attributes and weaknesses as well. There are different bonuses from each class. In creating your character, there are 10 races within these classes. This adds to the fun in picking your own WoW hero that you are portraying.Create your hero - The first fun component of WoW is making your hero character.
- 2The Horde or the Alliance. Each faction can have only certain races to consider when you take a faction.Choose one of two factions:
- The Horde - This is a bunch of rebel rejects who have a special ability to adapt readily to their environment in the land of Azeroth. You are a most-feared being as a Horde because you are a creature who is an incredible "ultimate fighter". You are legendary, and known to fight to the death. You will forever strive to gain the rights that you deserve in Azeroth.
- The Alliance - Here you will be within a clan of humans who are of noble blood, yet fight savagely. An Alliance member will stand for justice and honor, and will fight valiantly with exceptional hand-to-hand combat skills. In this faction, too, you will possess awesome magic that destroys any opposition. In this Alliance clan you will have better surroundings during your quests than the rejected Horde creatures.
- 4The basic movements are with these controls from each:The animation game control of your character can be done with the keyboard or mouse.
- Mouse - This is recommended over the keyboard if you are a beginner, or have typical reflexes:
- Keyboard - This is recommended if you have lightning-quick reflexes, and are a well-experienced gamer:
- Arrow keys or W - A - S - D keys - If you are a seasoned gamer you will want to use either of these movement methods.
- Q and E keys - These are for those left or right moves laterally.
- Space bar key - This is used for jumping. For swimming, press the Space bar to ascend, and the "X" key for diving deeper.
- Number Lock - Automatic running.
- /: This is a toggle used for walking or running.
- 5There is a mini-map in the upper right screen corner, and character and creature information at the upper left screen corner. You will have an action bar at the bottom of the screen, and a chat box in the lower left corner.Standard Interface orientation - WoW has a typical player and game interface, so it is player-friendly to use.
- 6With the Action Bar you can make new bars, including Menu and Options. You have a "hot key" option for easy access to the Action Bar during game play.Action Bar - Place your Spells and Skills here.
- 7The Chat Box can be relocated on your screen if you unlock and drag it. If needed, you can enlarge the fonts.Chat Box- Talk to fellow WoW players here.
- Mini Map - This is a handy quest tool with many functions:
- Find the quest-givers and quest turn-in locations.
- Complete tracking.
- Zoom in-out feature.
- Calendar and Mail.
- If you want to access the Main Map, press "M".
- 8Character/Pet Info - All of the basic information about your character, your pet, arsenal, and statistics you are developing during play are shown here.
WoW is a Social Game
- 1You can have friends join in playing this game. There is a Friends List tab with various functions:One reason this is a popular game around the world is that it is sociable.
- Friends tab - All WoW data regarding your friends who play this game are here.
- Add friend - Click this tab to find players you wish to add as friends.
- Pending - Your pending requests are here until they accept your "Add Friend" request.
- Ignore button - You can block out any unwanted people with this feature.
- Send Message - You send personal messages to players with this tab.
- 2Become a guild member - This is a joining of players into a union who interact to assist one another on the most challenging quests.
- To become a member of a guild, you must first "sign up" at the guild recruitment in-game channel.
- Find a guild that is seeking members.
- Before you join a guild, research it via WoW forums.
- Once you have chosen the guild that you wish to join, ask a guild member to invite you. The guild leader will invite you with a formal invitation notice.
Begin with Quests
- 1As you play this game you will gain more skills and magic. By completing quests you will level up.Your first time playing WoW, you will be "greeted" by a Non Player Character (NPC).
- The NPC will have an exclamation mark hovering over his head.
- Left click the exclamation mark, and you will be offered your first quest.
- Click the quest offer for your adventure information, such as skill that you can master and the booty.
- On the screen will be your Mini-Map with a Question Mark showing.
- Click the Question Mark for your quest and rewards always.
- Access your quest logs by tapping the "L" key.
- 3Mob Quests - In Mob Quests you must slay the mob members before you end your quest.
- Go to the Mini-Map to access a tracking list for the Mob Quest.
- Mob Quests and Collect Quests will have at times a light exclamation mark on the Mini-Map. That tells you that your quest will be from within a building.
- 5Your hero will return as a phantom. Once it is next to its dead body, it will come back to life with full powers.Resurrection - If you die from fighting all the mobs, you must wait to be resurrected.
How to Combat and Win
- 1It contains all your magic and skills, and can be personalized for your skills by simply dragging the skill and magic icons into place. The best proving ground for your skill in combat is by fighting in the Player versus Player (PvP) realm. To fight you must:Use the Action Bar for nearly all of your fighting.
- Left click your target, then right click the skill icon desired.
- To automatically attack, press the "T" key. You can stop the auto attack by going to Interface > Combat, and clicking your Auto attack box.
- You can alternate combat skills if you right click the desired skill. There are hotkeys for this, and they depend on the slot number for your skill.
- Just like in reality, as a "rookie", you will not have skills developed in WoW. Your first combat tools will not be at full power. However, as you progress with experience you will earn more skills, along with more power.
- Just as in real life, your hero character heals if wounded, as long as the character has sufficient rest, drinks and nutrition.
World of Warcraft is a fascinating game to play, with a fantasy world of quests and combat that are forever challenging.
World of Warcraft classes information and how to play
Having problems selecting your own character's class and wants to know their core feature and talents? Here is the list of the characters that you can choose and have it powered up. The game has different classes that suit your play style and role. Each class has its own story in the game to help you understand them and easily becoming what they need to be as a front melee, range, mystic and other.
When the control of the Lich King got broken for his Death Knights. They seeks revenge and amidst horror from his command. When they won from their vengeance, they realized and found their lives has no meaning or cause and with no home. One of the Death Knights seeks purpose in the land of the living. Death Knight engage in front of the enemy to prevent their enemies moving forward and usually drags their enemies one by one and maintain for being mindful of their runes.
For PvP, it is best that you are close to your enemy to deal great damage. Always do a Melee Skill Melee Skill. If your level is high enough, then you can simply spam those skills to them as they can kill their enemies easily. Again, depends to your equipment. Death Knights have huge amount of HP as well.
Tank, Melee, Damage dealer
Health and Runic
Cloths, Leathers, Mails, Plate Mails
Weapons that can be equipped
One-Handed Swords, One-Handed Axe, One Handed Maces, Pole Arms, Two-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Swords
How to play
Death Knight is more on Absorbing damage from the enemies to help your party spam their attacks. However, Dark knights are damage dealer as well that can make their enemies cry (Depends to your level and equipment as well). If you are more on tanker and a front line, then this class suits your game style. Death Knight uses melee and Magic at the same time to help them more fearsome than others
Gifted with firm discipline and intellect. A Magi is equipped with great magical powers and revealed only to those practitioners that are devoted. A Magi would wear cloths and arcane shields to protect their body from any harm. Magi can summon bursts of fire and make an entire field to erupt and setting their enemies ablaze and keep their enemies at bay.
For PvP, do not get near to the other players specially damage dealer. Always assist your front line for you to add more damage to their target (If you are at party). For single PvP, you can simply run then cast run then cast simply repeat the steps when dealing a melee type of character.
Ranged, Magic Class, Damage Dealer
Health and Mana
Weapons that can be equipped
Wands, Daggers, One-Handed Swords, Staves
Arcane, Fire, Frost
Ranged Damage, Area of Effect Spells, Control, Teleportation
How to play as Mage
Mage is a range type class and using magic powers to attack their enemies. They can be offensive or defensive at the same time. Defensive means that they can throw magic attacks to weaken their enemies and keeping they away from you. Each spells they have has different effects and damage calculation. Elemental spells damage would depend from the element resistance of neither a player nor monsters. Even if the characters defense for physical is quite high but the elemental resistance is totally low, then you are in favor of winning.
Monks are the one who brought hope and future to all. Monks are prohibited using weapons. However, these Pandaren harnessing their skills without using weapons but only Chi and weaponless skills and using fists. A well trained to fend opponents. Some Monks are masters of restoration of power to balance Yin Yang or the Good and Evil.
Tank, Healer, Melee, Damage Dealer
Health, Chi, Energy, Mana
Cloths and Leathers
Weapons that can be equipped
Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, One-Handed Swords, Polearms, Staves
How to play Monk
Monks works almost the same way as Death Knight that can tank and a damage dealer too. Skills of monks can also be spam. During PvP, it is best that you lure a player away from the party and deal with it one on one.
Paladins are protector of the weak and bringer or justice to the unjust. Vanquisher of evil to every corners of the world at close. Paladins can confront enemies up close; they have the skills to heal wounded ally and their self and can restore life to the dead.
Tank, Healer, Melee and a Damage Dealer
Health and Mana
Armors that can be equipped
Cloths, Mails, Plate Mails, Shields and Leathers
Weapons that can be equipped
One-Handed Swords ,One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Swords and Polearms
How to play Paladin
Game style of a Paladin is pretty much the same as Death Knight. However, you only have Holy attribute compare to Death Knight.
During PvP, if you wanted to deal more damage you need to equip a Two-Handed weapon rather than with Shield and One-Handed sword. If you wanted to have more Defenses and attack but less damage, equip a Shield and One-Handed sword, Mace or Axes. This can be applied to a Death Knight as well during PvP. So, you need to Chase them if they run then damage.
Priest are serves the people and who express their devotion to spiritual and faith. During conflicts, Priests gives their aid to all of those who needs them and no Hero can question their devotion and value of a priests orders.
Healer, Damage Dealer and Ranged Magic
Health and Mana Bar
Available Armors to equip
Available weapons that can be equipped
Daggers, One-Handed Maces, Staves and wands
How to play Priest
Priest is not as likely as other classes that you can go in the battle first and start smashing enemies. Priest is good for support to other players during leveling and PvP as well. For PvP, always keep your distance from the other plavers to get slain easily as your role is vital to heal and clear bad status effects.
Hunters can slay their enemies from a far and move like ghost from one tree or the other. Hunters can lay traps when luring their enemies and draw their weapons with just few clicks and find their self dead.
Ranged physical damage dealer
Health and Mana bar
Available Armors that can be equipped
Cloths, Leather and Mails
Available Weapons to be equipped
Crossbows, Bows, Fist Weapons, Guns, One-Handed Swords, One-Handed Axes, Staves, Polearms, Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Axes
How to play as a Hunter
Do not forget to KEEP your distance. Remember that you are a range type physical damage dealer. Lure traps to a place where a blind spot and lure them out and bring them to their death. For PvP, same thing that you need to keep distance from the others as you are not a tanker and always bully others by doing physical damage and run. If you are dealing a 1 on 1 PvP, always run then skill run then skill (Trolling to be exact)
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Melsan, Lynn, Jerry Rivers