Play Ryse Son of Rome and Complete Chapter 1 to 4
Edited by Daniel, Alma, Eng, Dougie and 1 other
Do you have an Xbox 1? Have you recently purchased the Ryse: Son of Rome game and you need a walkthrough to beat the chapters in the game? Or, are you planning to buy the game and want to learn the controls in advance, and have a guide for you to do a speed run through the first four chapters?
Stop searching the internet, as this is your lucky day! To find a game guide for chapter 1 to chapter 4 of Ryse: Son of Rome - keep reading. This game guide good for all gamers out there, will help you to beat the game flawlessly in chapter 1 to 4 and other chapters will be posted as well in a separate article you can link to here Play Ryse Son of Rome and Complete Chapter 5 to 8 for chapter 5 to 8
This will be the start of the game after the cut scene when Augustus asks for help. You will have your first control of "Marius", who is the protagonist of the game.
- 1You will encounter a short tutorial of the battle system.Advertisement
- 2Whenever you see a sequence pausing, you need to match the color of the buttons from your Xbox 1's action buttons.Advertisement
- You need to pay attention to the colors that look like an aura on your enemy's body.
- This will give you just two seconds before it times out and they will counter your deadly attacks.
- 3Once you have control of Marius on the bridge - you need to fight the barbarians in order to move forward.
- Simply damage them to kill and this is the best that that you familiarize or make your own combination attacks and parry incoming attacks from an enemy.
- You will know if they are about to die once you see a skull with crossbones over their heads then press the "RT" button to initiate your execution.
- If you see an outline color blue on their bodies, you need to press X and Y for the yellow to match and once you move forward, you can use your kinect voice command for "Fire Volley!" or you can simply press and hold the LB to have the arrows ready from your barbarians.
- 4Regroup them and to take the defensive positions in front of the big door.
- 5You have two options here;On your back, you will see a ballista and a fire arrow at the enemies as they will charge.
- You can use the boiling pots to create a splash of fire, or...
- You can use the barrels as protection for a couple of seconds. \
- 6Once you see some archers, simply launch the explosives at their scaffolding.
- Marius will let go of the ballista to hit the huge door in front for you to enter to the castle.
- 7After the scene, the game will teach you to upgrade by;
- Using the points you acquired by doing well in the game, or...
- Use the golds you've earned throughout the game to buy upgrades.
- 8Follow the instructions to upgrade and move forward in the game.
- 9Inside the castle, enemies are no longer neutral, but they are more aggressive than usual.
- 10Watch for enemies that may jump you from behind.Go next door and kill the enemies there and get ready to parry their attacks.
- 11After battling those enemies, you will see a "Barbarian Warlord".
- The area will be surrounded by fire and you will have very limited space during the fight.
- This fight maybe difficult if you do not know when to attack and hit the enemy.
- You need to wait for the moment when he is about to swing his weapon.
- Once he does that, you need to move using the left stick then press the B to roll away from him.
- Once Marius gets up, quickly go near him and land a couple of attacks to damage him.
- Repeat this strategy until you see the execution icon over his head, then press the execution button to end the fight and to successfully end Chapter 1.
The beginning of chapter II is a little bit of sparring with Old Pappy. This is much like a continuation of the tutorial during Chapter 1. This is only an exhibition of the battle system to get used to it in order to refine the combat system.
- 1Follow the instructions from Marius' dad to deflect or parry and enemy's attack.Advertisement
- Marius's dad will also teach you to break and enemy's guard and land a perfect hit when the defence has been broken.
- The clue for the perfect hit is when the enemy's body turns green.
- 2You can start to apply the skills you learned from Marius's dad by beating those enemies.After the sparring, both of you will encounter some barbarians.
- After you beat them, you need to follow Marius's dad to courtyard. There will be a short cut scene and an "Achievement" will be unlocked after that.
- 3#From here on, you will learn the "Focus" ability.Continue following your dad and there will be more barbarians along the way.
- To use the focus, you need to press the RB that will slow the time for you to land multiple hits on an enemy.
- Also, to learn the perks it is best that you play with it and switch, if you find it necessary too.
- 4While moving through the city, watch for some objects that have blue cloths, as this indicates a climbable base which you can loot some items (gold and collectibles).
- 5As you proceed, you will find a dead body that is in green.
- Examine the body to find the "Letter from the past".
- Look for things that are glowing green so you can get collectible items in order to learn Roman History.
- 6These projectiles do not need any more explanation you will learn what you need to once you get them.You will also find some items for projectiles.
- 7Once you reach the bridge, you will find your father waiting for you to lower the bridge.
- Just turn around and climb up to look for the rope that's holding the bridge up. ##Use the projectiles to throw at it.
- 8Return to the bridge where you will see a cart that you need to push.
- To interact with the cart, press Y since it will be highlighted in yellow.
- 9Do not forget to smash some vases to get some experience.
- 10Once you've reached the beach line, you have also reached the end of Chapter II.
Once you've reached the beach, go to the ruined ship nearby. On the other side of the ruined ship, you will find your objective.
- 1Your first objective is to reach the tower to lower down the chain in the harbour.
- Continue moving through the ruined ship until you can drop.
- Here you will encounter some enemies to battle and fight.
- You will also see a meter that shows how many Romans you keep alive.
- You will encounter heavy attacks.
- 2Continue heading forward until you see some archers who will then start firing arrows towards you.
- Whenever they fire at you, press the A button on your controller to deflect them. ##To avoid getting hit, shoot fire arrows at them, or simply ignore them, and keep running until you reach the tower.
- 3When you reach the tower, you will see a flag.
- Press the A button to get your troops into formation to block incoming arrows from the archers then move forward.
- Go inside the tower and grab the projectiles that you found and fight all the enemies you find in the tower.
- There will be waves of enemies here, so it is best that you are prepared.
- Kill them to maintain your numbers.
- 4You can destroy the woods at the counter weights and continue to kill all the enemies you see.
- 5You will see some Barbarians here who are using axe and are behaving the same as the Warlord in Chapter 1.
- The tactic is the same. Whenever you see his body highlighted in red, you need to roll out to avoid his attack. Some of his attacks can be parried, but it is best to roll away instead.
- 6Head out to go to the other beach and fight the barbarians that you encounter again.
- Kill their archers first.
- 7To order your troops to fire the volley, just shout "FIRE VOLLEY!"You will see a barricade you can climb and start attacking the archers from the rooftop.
- After this attack, you will get two options for fighting the next wave of enemies; either fight the Barbarians on the ground or focus on the archers. Choose the option you are most skilled at.
- 8Once you've killed all the enemies, move forward with your troops to the next location - a catapult tower.
- Kill the Barbarians along the way.
- This time, you can ignore the archers and deal with the melee first.
- After the event, go to the tower then kill all the archers on the bridge.
- Go up the stairs to reach the top of the catapult tower.
- As you approach the top of the tower, kill all Barbarians.
- Use the Kinect voice command again to use the catapult and the volley, just shout loud the "CATAPULT FIRE!" also "FIRE VOLLEY!"
- Kill the Barbarians along the way.
- 9Once you have slaughtered all the enemies; you will have completed Chapter III and a cut scene will be played.
After the event on the beach;
- 1Move down the ravine and kill enemies again.
- Go to the narrow area where you can see some nasty looking dead bodies.
- Once you see an RS on screen, push it and Marius will start talking, and you'll listen.
- 2After this scene, you'll see some traps.
- Press A to deflect those.
- 3Head to the woods and continue until you reach the river.
- Once you've reached the river, go to the right side where you'll see a log in the water.
- The log is how you'll cross the river again.
- Enemies will be waiting for you at the aqueduct.
- 4Once you reached the aqueduct, you need to use the lift to get to higher ground.
- Look for the weights and kick them to move the lift.
- 5Once you've reached the location you will encounter new enemies.
- These enemies use two weapons to attack you at the same time. The attack will be fast.
- To beat them and move forward, use the focus to attack them.
- Once you reached the boss in this location, you will need to fight "Princess Boudica". The same strategy can be applied to this battle, as when you fought the "Barbarian Warlord".
- 6Once you beat the princess, she will call all her men to kill you.
- As usual, kill them before they kill you.
- 7There will be a cut-scene and afterward.
- 8You need to go to the flag to get more information.
- 9There you will be attacked by a group of Barbarian archers.
- Use you own projectiles to hit those archers.
- 10After the fight, go into the cave.
- You will encounter some more archers.
- Kill them one at a time - from a distance.
- Hang in the narrow cavern. This will allow you to flank the enemies (Archers).
- You will see some projectiles on the ground that you can grab.
- You will see some explosive barrels.
- Throw projectiles to kill all enemies by yelling again.
- To use the kinect, just yell "CHARGE!" then drop to the ground and help your troops in the battle to win against the barbarians.
- You will encounter some more archers.
- 11After all the enemies have been defeated, move along with your troops to the "King Oswald" throne then kill all his guards to watch a cut-scene.
- 12This will be the end of the Chapter IVAdvertisement
Categories : XBOX
Recent edits by: Dougie, Eng, Alma