Edited by Vick Oluoch, Charmed
Poker has grown in popularity over the years because of its popularity with celebrities and its prominence on our television channels.
To play poker you need to understand the basic strategies. Once you learn and understand the poker strategy you can easily play other poker variation. I am going to show you to play the 5 Card Draw.
- 1Understand the Basics of Poker.To play poker you need a standard four-suit 52 card deck. Though the ace usually plays high, it can play low sometimes. Other types of wild cards like the joker may be added. After a game is complete the remaining players usually compare their scores by displaying their remaining cards. The cards beyond the fifth and the suits are not used to break ties. The best five cards in each of the player's hands are what is used in the comparison. In the event there is a tie, the pot is usually split equally among the winning hands.Advertisement
- 2Familiarize yourself with the Various the Poker Hand Variations.A player with the highest valued hand is usually regarded as the winner of the game. If you want to win, you must know the hands that will take the pot. If two players have two full houses or none has a winning hand, then the player who has the highest-valued card in his hand wins. Ace is the highest valued card in poker. If you want to play poker and win, then you must print out a ranking of the poker and memorize the hands.Advertisement
- 3Deal or be dealt with.The dealer distributor will first of all shuffle the cards and distribute the cards starting with the player on his extreme left . The card dealer usually distributes one card at a time in a clockwise direction until every player gets five cards. The deck is usually placed at the center of the table.
- 4Once the cards have been given your cards, have a look at them and evaluate how strong your hand is.You can easily tell how strong a beginner's hand is strong by his flexes and eye contact just but to mention a few. It is always important to put a poker face at all times if you do not want your opponents to tell how strong your hand is.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Always put on a poker face when playing
- Do not show your cards to other players when you are playing
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.