Play Missile Command Game on YouTube
Edited by Michael J., Leomar Umpad, Eng
It is a common practice for developers to put something silly, funny, or sometimes plain non-sense on the things that they are working at. This is collectively and commonly termed as an "Easter egg" from the notion that it is a hidden treat and needs to be found. YouTube developers are no different from this. There are a few funny things that YouTube developers has slipped into the site and one of them is playing Missile Command. Considered to be one of the most famous games during what gamers termed as the Golden Age of Video Games, Missile Command is a game about a base being attacked by missiles. To protect the base, you, as the defending in-charge must launch pre-emptive strikes to counter those incoming missiles. YouTube's version is mostly similar; only this time, the base is being replaced by the YouTube video.
Basics of the game
These are the basics of the games that you need to consider:
- 1Defend the video against missile attacks at all costs.Your objective:Advertisement
- 2All attacks comes from the upper part of the screen.Advertisement
- 3All projectiles travel on a straight line.
- 4You cannot stop an attack but you can block it by countering missiles with your own missiles.
- 5Your missile explosions will last for a very few seconds and when an enemy missile hits it, then that missile will explode too.
- 6An attacker's missile uninterrupted will hit the video and will cause a crack on it.
- 7If the video gets too much damage (10 hits) from the missiles, it will stop playing and gets destroyed; this is GAME OVER for you.
- 8If the video would be able to fully play until the end of it, you will be commended for protecting the video.
- 9If there won't be shakes on the screen, then it means that the video did not take any hits yet.A hit is indicated by a damage on the phone and an animation of a shaking action.
How to defend a video effectively
These are the tips to effectively defend your video:
- 1If there are no enemy rockets yet, perform pre-emptive shots somewhere in the middle as the area has the highest chance of being a way-point of the missiles.Do pre-emptive shots somewhere in the middle.
- 2Shot as many rockets as you can. Spam the gaming area with pre-emptive shots as discussed on the previous step.You have unlimited ammunition, take advantage of it.
- 3Some missiles may be in volumes and would travel at different pace so you should be quick with your clicks and mouse controls.Be quick.
- 4You may not be able to defend your favorite video at all times. A few hits may put some crack on it but they will not be able to stop your video unless they hit ten times. Learn how to exchange taking 2 shots to your video in exchange for the 4 shots that it will be saved from.Learn how to bargain.
- 5When a missile hits a cannon, your cannon will blow up and you cannot fire your own missiles using it again. These canons will defend your base forever so any missile that will pass through the cannon's ruin won't damage your video.Cannons will always defend your video.
- 6Some missiles' projectile will not hit the video, you should be quick enough to see and ignore them.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Play Missile Command Game on YouTube. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Play_Missile_Command_Game_on_YouTube
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Play Missile Command Game on YouTube." VisiHow, visihow.com/Play_Missile_Command_Game_on_YouTube Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Play Missile Command Game on YouTube." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Play_Missile_Command_Game_on_YouTube.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Leomar Umpad, Michael J.