Play Android Games on Your Laptop or Desktop
Edited by Eman, Rich, Lynn, Robbi and 20 others
Many people are becoming addicted to certain Android applications, like Temple Run, 4 Pics 1 Word, Icon Mania, and some other cool game applications that are available on the Android operating system. But not all people who want to play these games have an Android device. Even if they do, they may prefer to play games on a desktop computer or a Laptop. To do that, you need to install and use an Android emulator. This emulator will serve as an Android device on your Windows PC or Mac. It will let you run and play many cool Android applications.
There are many Android emulators out there, but a couple of the better ones worth trying are: BlueStacks or YouWave. BlueStacks is free, but it requires good computer specs. YouWave is free for 10 days, but the specs requirements are a bit lower.
- 1 Downloading and Using BlueStacks
- 2 Installing YouWave
- 3 Other Alternatives
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 What are the required specs for installing YouWave Android Emulator?
- 5.2 It says I need to update my graphics driver. What does that mean and, how do I do that?
- 5.3 Hi, I want to use Android app and games with my Laptop.
- 5.4 How should Android apps be used on PC/ Laptop? I have Windows PC with 3GB RAM & Windows Vista service pack 2 installed.
- 5.5 I want to install BlueStacks app player beta 1. Can you tell me the website where I can download BlueStacks beta 1?
- 6 Comments
Downloading and Using BlueStacks
- 1Download BlueStacks hereAdvertisement
- 2Install BlueStacks and reboot your device.Advertisement
- 3Just search for the application that you want and click on install.Open BlueStacks and look on the upper right part of BlueStacks and you will see the search function.
- 4Wait for the application to be installed, then open the game and enjoy.
YouWave. YouWave is similar in function and installation to BlueStacks. However, It does not offer a free limited version of the software. Install the application and search the YouWave store for apps.
- 2Youwave_Android-x-x-x.exe.Navigate to your download location and open the application.
- 3Follow the instructions provided by the installation wizard.
- 4The default installation location is C:\Program Files (x86)\YouWave_Android. Navigate to that location and open the executable, YouWave_Android.exe.Open the application.
- 5Exploring the main application screen.
- The left-pane of the application window shows the apps that are installed within the YouWave emulator. The default installation comes with OpenSudoku and Target installed.
- The right-pane is the output area for Android emulation. Games and applications are loaded into this screen.
- 6Double-click OpenSudoku to begin playing the game.
- 7How to install new apps.
- Select View from the application toolbar.
- Choose online content.
- Select a marketplace.
- Open View.
- Select Apps.
- Double-click the market application in the left-pane to open the application within the emulation area.
- Purchase and download apps from the market. The market app will handle application installation within the emulator.
- How to start the app? Refresh the left-pane by opening View and selecting Redraw Icons.
- Double-click the app to start the game.
- 1Google's Android SDK is open-source, free, and comes with a device emulator.The Android Software Development Kit.Advertisement
- 2This open source project brings Android applications to the x86 processing platform.Android-x86.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- BlueStacks requires 2GB of RAM, .NET Framework 3.5 or higher, and an updated video graphics driver.
- If you cannot search for the application or are having trouble installing it, it still may work the next time you try.
- If you are still having a problem installing it, you can try to search online for the APK installer of the application that you want. Go to Google and use this keyword: "temple run 2 .apk"," for example, or search for whatever app you are interested in, in place of "temple run 2." You can then download the .apk installer and double click on the file. It will be installed on BlueStacks. Open BlueStacks and then go to "My Apps" and look for the application.
Questions and Answers
What are the required specs for installing YouWave Android Emulator?
Processor:Intel Pentium 1.6GHz CPU or higher RAM: 1.5GB DRAM or Higher Hard-disk Space: Minimum 500 MB disk space Operating System Support: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 32/64 bit - See more at: here
There are no such requirements in order to install the YouWave onto your computer, however, to avoid an error during installation, you must make sure that you have updated drivers. Also running some applications might affect your computer, depending on the type of games or applications you are running.
It says I need to update my graphics driver. What does that mean and, how do I do that?
Auto update drivers It means that your graphics driver is out-dated and out-dated drivers can compromise the performance of your PC like gaming, graphics and much more. By upgrading your drivers, you are upgrading your PC performance. And if your older driver had a major bug the program will fix it and tweak them to work at their best> Here is the Example of Graphic Driver. You can update your Graphics driver in Driver Checker:
- It will update all your system drivers.
- Driver checker will make drivers of your PC up-to-date:
Graphics Cards, Display, WiFi, Printer drivers, mouse drivers, keyboard drivers, Ethernet drivers Etc. Here are the steps on how to use the driver checker.
- Download The Driver Checker, Save and Run it on your Computer.
- You can now start scanning. It will show you how many drivers are out-dated and require attention.
- Click next, and then choose and install them.
- After you finished downloading the file, click "install".
That is an example of how you updates your graphic Driver
In order to update your graphics driver, you will need to know what type of graphics card you have. http://download.cnet.com/Video-Card-Detector/3000-2094_4-76062374.html Something like this will allow you to identify the graphics card type. Once you know what type it is, just simply go to Google or your favorite search engine and search for the name of the graphics card. This should lead you to a website for the product that has driver updates if there are any available.
Hi, I want to use Android app and games with my Laptop.
I am using Windows 7 on my Laptop
Please follow the instructions below on how you can play Android games on your Laptop with Windows 7 OS.
- Download BlueStacks from here.
- Once it is downloaded, Install it on your Laptop.
- After installing BlueStacks, open it.
- You may now search for an Android game using BlueStacks search button located at the upper-right corner of the app.
- Then select the app that you searched from the search result and then tap Install to install the app you selected.
- That's it. Just wait until the app you selected is installed.
How should Android apps be used on PC/ Laptop? I have Windows PC with 3GB RAM & Windows Vista service pack 2 installed.
I have Windows PC with 3GB RAM & Windows Vista service pack 2 installed. I want to use Android apps on PC, be it games or apps. What is the best software to use?
There are a couple Android emulators that you can try to run Android apps and games on your Windows PC. The first one is called BlueStacks, and you can find their website here:
This emulator is graphics heavy and will require that your PC runs a separate, dedicated video card in order to work.
The second emulator you can try is called Youwave and you can find their site here:
Youwave is trial-ware, meaning you can try it on your computer for a specific time " like a month, first, and if you find it useful, you will need to purchase a license key if you wish to continue using it.
I want to install BlueStacks app player beta 1. Can you tell me the website where I can download BlueStacks beta 1?
Details are in the question? Please tell me as fast as you can
You can find the software here
See more questions like this: I have downloaded and installed the BlueStacks app player, but it is not running on my laptop. When I run it then it is showing market not found. I searched the web for installation instructions
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Alma, abin shaji, Vasudha