Plan your Journey in the Republic of Ireland
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, Doug Collins
Europe indeed is such a splendid continent. It has a lot of amazing natural and man-made structures and architectures. One of the most visited countries in Europe is Ireland. Ireland consists of two countries: Northern Ireland, which is a part of the United Kingdom, and the independent Republic of Ireland. With more than 6.2 million tourists who visited in the year 2011, tourism has become one of the major economic contributors in the country.
The Republic of Ireland was once voted the Favorite Holiday Destination in the World. It was also listed one of the friendliest countries in the world in 2011. The majority of the country's visitors come from France, the United States, France and the United Kingdom.
A vacation in the Ireland Republic is not that cheap, but there are some ways on how you can cut down your expenses. Research and planning - these will be your secrets to a good trip to this wonderful country. Read more and learn some tips on how you can plan a very memorable journey to the Republic of Ireland.
Preparations for the Trip
- 1Before you even get excited about the trip, you should check the requirements for acquiring a visa first. For more accurate information, it is better to check the official immigration site of the country. Checking it earlier will give you more time to prepare the requirements or work on things that need to be fixed.Check out visa requirements.Advertisement
- 2To refrain from hassles before, or even during the trip, be sure that your passport is within its validity period.Check your passport validity.Advertisement
- 3It is recommended that you do your research about the country ahead of time, like modes of transportation, the peak/off peak season, culture, attractions, the laws, and many other important things.Do your homework.
- 4If it is your first out-of-the-country trip, it is recommended that you consult a travel agent. Check online for the cheapest yet still reliable travel service provider.Check travel agents.
- 5Group travels can help you save few bucks through air fare group promos. Take advantage of it.Travel in a group.
- 6The weather in Ireland is unpredictable. The most recommended travel period is from March to October. It is in this country where it can get dark at 4 in the afternoon during winter, and you will be able to see the sunlight as late as 11 p.m. (This happens in the month of June.) So schedule your trip in the summer or spring, if possible. If you prefer to see a lot of attractions, be there during the peak season. Most attractions close earlier, or never open at all during off-peak season.Choose the right dates.
- 7To save you some time, you should prepare an itinerary. This will save you some time. Research about the places, proximity and travel time so you can allot or budget your time for each attraction. This way, you will be able to visit all the places you want to.Prepare an itinerary.
- 8Having an idea as to the cost of living in the country will help you determine how much money should be allotted.Check for prices of accommodation, food and transportation.
Attractions to Visit in the Republic of Ireland
Each city in Ireland has its own share of world-class tourist attractions. Depending on what interests you, each country has something waiting for you.