Plan an arranged marriage
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Eng, Mian Sheilette Ong and 3 others
Arrange marriages are mostly conducted based on the religious and cultural backgrounds of each of the parties involved. Even though an arranged marriage may sound forced some are actually preferred in a sense, unlike the traditional marriage the process is completely different so below the steps to having a successful arranged marriage are as followed:
- 1The first thing that will need to be established will be the reason for the arranged marriage.Some cultures arrange marriages to either bond two different families together for specific reasons that was pre-determined even before the birth of the children. Also in some cultures the children are not allowed to date making it basically impossible for them to find a partner therefore having an arranged marriage is the only option for some couples to be with anyone. In the world today the average person male or female is no longer a virgin before hitting the age of 18 so arranged marriages are a way to lock their children into staying pure through arranging their marriages even before the age of 18 at times. Arranged marriages are mainly not the choice of the couples going into marriage most do not like the idea and some are actually content with the person that they are marrying but in the end it doesn't matter if they agree of not the choice is not theirs to make.Advertisement
- 2During the arranged marriage the parents are mostly involved in the candidate for marriage between the two parties, the parents in some aspects do everything on their own without letting the child know anything of the proposal.In some cases the child views their partner for the first time on their wedding day. The child's opinion in some cases is respected amongst the choices given (if the parents involve the child in the decision making).Advertisement
- 3Before the marriage takes place one of the parties must make a payment to seal the deal on the contract proposed by marriage.Sometimes it is the woman who must make the payment to the male or the male to the woman, but either way this payment must be made in order to seal the agreement between both parties. Who will make the payment depends on the religion of the people involved as each religion has their own way to seal the deal on the contract.
- 4In some cases the two couples will meet (if allowed) before the wedding day more or so days before the wedding is taken place.The two will meet each other but not without the presence of a chaperone either being their parents, a representative or even other family members but they will not meet each other alone in any way, shape or form. In the case that they are able to meet each other is solely for them to get a picture of who they are marrying and to interact. Even if they are unhappy with the person there is nothing that they can do about it honestly, complaining will not change the fact that this is the person they are pre-destined to marry.
- 5Just like a traditional wedding both parties will be involved in the planning of the wedding ceremony.The bride and groom may be brought in to give their prospective on exactly how they would like their wedding to be performed but the final decision relies on the family member involved in the wedding planning.
- 6The issue not most talked about in the arrangement of the marriage is a breach in contract that can result in a problem between both parties resulting in a tremendous conflict involving the contract, future plans of the family and all money involved.The biggest breach is the virginity of one of the parties, if it is discovered that the chastity of either parties has been broken then it will result in a breach of the contract between both parties, in history this has triggered war between families for damaging the future of the child who is in the innocent.Advertisement
Arranged marriages have different ways of operating unlike the traditional way of marriage practiced in the world. If you want to arrange a marriage understand the steps involved in order to complete the deal and also the dangers that are involved for a breach of the contract. Even though this form of marriage is not performed as much as we think it is goof to know that people are still going through arranged marriages in the world today. When arranging a marriage understand that your reasons are your own and that the children involved may not agree but if the agreement is for your own gratification or families gratification understand your role in the whole process. This will conclude the how to on arranging a marriage for all who will like to know how to arrange one and also for people who just want to know how the arrangement is made.
Questions and Answers
Must you be a virgin before arranged marriage? What to do if you are not?
Virginity is not a requirement in marriage, not even in an arranged one. Unless the groom or his family requires you to be, then you should be fine. Besides, how would your soon-to-be groom know if you are or not if you don't tell him? Arranged marriages are not generally set on the basis of virginity, but due to other factors; reasons vary from one culture to another. Two of the most common reasons for arranged marriage are that it's the parents' decision (on both sides) and financial stability or status.
How do I find the right husband for my daughter?
My daughter studies medicine. She is 25 years old and she accepted to get married
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Marriage
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Lynn, Mian Sheilette Ong