Plan Geeky Wedding
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Eng
The Geek may have a reputation of being forever alone - and loveless. But the truth is, the geek falls in love, gets passionate and dreams of getting married too. One of the best things about a geek who wants to level up the relationship with another geek is pulling off an awesome, super-creative, super-nerdy proposal, complete from how to say it, the place and the ring and the finale �" the wedding itself. Wanting something special that you don't see often in traditional weddings? Let's find out how geeky a geek can get when it comes to planning for his own wedding.
How Lovestruck Geeks Plan for a Geeky Wedding:
The Proposal and the Ring
- A proposal without a ring could be your biggest proposal blunder.
- About 57 percent of women will post a photo of the ring on Facebook.
History of Geeky Proposals
- April 2008, by a Programming Geek.
- August, 2008, by a Google Geek. He asked his girlfriend to marry him while holding up a sign on Google Street View.
- February 2009, by an App Geek. He designed an iPhone app that LED his girlfriend on a <3 shaped scavenger hunt around San Francisco, leading up to a proposal.
- October 2009, by a Gaming Geek. He proposed to his girlfriend by spelling out "Lisa, Will You Marry Me?" using gold coins in Super Mario.
- May 2011, by a Film Geek. He made a movie trailer of himself proposing.
- December 2011, by a Meme Geek.
- February 2012, by an Infographic Geek. Using Infographic, he proposes to his girlfriend.
- March 2012, by a Physics Geek. He proposed by writing a scientific paper.
- February 2013, by a Social Media Geek. The Facebook geek proposed to a Twitter geek using Twitter and Facebook Graph Search.
- March 2013, by a Harry Potter Geek.
Geeky Wedding Invitations
- 88-Bit Invites.
The Outfits and Wedding Attire
More and more, brides and grooms are opting for fun-themed weddings.
Here are some great Geek wedding outfits.
- Hello Kitty
- Sci-fi like Firefly, Doctor Who and Star Wars
- Final Fantasy 4
- LED lights embroidered gown and suit
- Futuristic or atomic age
- Lord of the Rings
- Disney Fairy Tale Princesses and Prince Outfits
- Super Mario and Princess Peach
The Wedding Party
- 1Wedding Cake.
- Cake Themes:
- Edible computer cake
- Star Wars nuptial Cake
- Other geeky film-inspired cakes like back to the Future, Star Trek, Alien, and Stargate
- Cake toppers: King Kong, Star Wars, and Disney characters
- Cake Themes:
The Ceremony, Including Vows
- 1The Music:
- Groomsmen Processional �" The Mad Man with a Box (Doctor Who)
- Grooms Processional �" I am the Doctor (Doctor Who)
- Bridesmaid Processional �" Main Title/Locutus (Star Trek/ First Contact)
- Bride's Processional �" The Fellowship Reunited (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King).
- Recessional �" Main Theme (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- 2Wedding Vows are lines or dialogues from their favorite movies.
- "I will never leave you. That's a promise." (Aliens)
- "The world is indeed full of peril and
In it there are many dark places.
But still there is much that is fair. </b> And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief,
It still grows, perhaps, the greater." �"Haldir
I would rather share one lifetime with you
Than face all the ages of this world along". �" Arwen
(Lord of the Rings)
- "It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last,
are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship.
You know, one day you look at the person and
you see something more than you did the night before.
Like a switch has been flicked somewhere.
And the person who was just a friend is…
suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with".
- Wedding I Dos. Groom: "I Yabba Dabba Do!"
- iPad Wedding. Usually, the one officiating the wedding is holding a book. The geek couple feels it a little outdated and upgrades to an iPad.
- Geek heart emoticon (<3) with stand made of steel
- Towel set emblazoned with the words "Don't Panic"
- Glassware or champagne set with symbols of the wedding theme
- Dinnerware set, with theme
- Bedding set featuring the couple's favorite characters
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- If you are planning a geek wedding of your own, make sure you are prepared. Do your research and take a look at other geek weddings.
- If you want a venue that normally is not for weddings, call them. It may end up cheaper and more unique.
- Shop online. You may find the last of your decor and other things needed available even cheaper than anywhere else.
- Plan not just for your wedding, but also for your marriage. Make sure you actually want to be stuck with your geek spouse for the rest of your life.
- Don't forget the priest.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Plan Geeky Wedding. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Plan_Geeky_Wedding
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Plan Geeky Wedding." VisiHow, visihow.com/Plan_Geeky_Wedding Accessed 30 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Plan Geeky Wedding." Accessed Apr 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Plan_Geeky_Wedding.