Place and Organize photos within your VisiHow Article
Edited by Eng, Lynn, Inukshuk, Maria and 3 others
Placing photos within your VisiHow article gives your article an attractive and appealing look. Also there is a need for photos to help illustrate and describe the concept of the text in more details. Using the right placing method is what matters. In here I will show you some methods to do it right, and also feel free to experiment yourself while publishing your own article.
- 1 Methods of placing photos within your text
- 2 Two illustrated examples
- 3 Use the  placed on the right, to see the Edit Code that formed the following paragraph ------------------->
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
Methods of placing photos within your text
There are three major ways to place your photo within your text, |left and |center and |right (No space within below code)
- 1[ [ File:photoname.jpg | left ] ]Advertisement
- 2[ [ File:photoname.jpg | center ] ]Advertisement
- 3[ [ File:photoname.jpg | right ] ]
Two illustrated examples
Depending on your article, you can maneuver and place your photos.
Placing photos within a numbered list
- 1As you can see from the photo below, the photo is inserted with left alignment, right after the # The Motherboard.First possibility.Advertisement
- 2As you can see from below photoSecond possibility.
Placing photos within a text that is not a numbered list
- 3Since we are not in a numbered list, adding empty lines will not break the numbering, so simply add a few empty lines, forcing the Tips Tricks & Warnings to shift down, as shown in the following photo of Edit Code.To fix that.
Use the  placed on the right, to see the Edit Code that formed the following paragraph ------------------->
Photos within numbered text
- 1This is a left aligned photo example.Advertisement
- 2As you have seen from the previous numbered item.Advertisement
Photos within Non Numbered Text
Sometimes, it is best to place the photo to the right of the text, like in this example. Assuming this text is short, you have to options to make fit right:
- Make the photo smaller in height to fit this text span.
- Shift the next text or paragraph down by inserting empty lines, as hereunder.
I hope all of you can benefit from this article, so you can produce very eye catching formatted articles. Good Luck All.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Adding empty lines only works with non numbered text; using it within the # will break the sequence.
- Experiment a bit, edit and show preview, or save and check what comes out of the format you have applied. You can always re-edit.
- Simplicity is the key to eye catching formatted articles, so do not over-do-it (!!!) when placing and mixing lots of bold, italics, etc...
- Do not overdo it with photos. If the photo describes something, or illustrate, then be it, and the article has enough photos. Then the article is better without it. If the article does have sufficient photos, do not put a general photo in the "Tips" section, that is overdoing it.
- Do not zigzag your photos. Maintain a unified alignment throughout your article, SO, if most of your photos are needed to be centered, and 1 or 2 can be righted, then do not right it. keep all centered.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Place and Organize photos within your Howikis Article. (2014). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Place_and_Organize_photos_within_your_Howikis_Article
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Place and Organize photos within your Howikis Article." VisiHow, visihow.com/Place_and_Organize_photos_within_your_Howikis_Article Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Place and Organize photos within your Howikis Article." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Place_and_Organize_photos_within_your_Howikis_Article.
Categories : Author Help
Recent edits by: vc, Alma, Maria