Place File in Adobe Illustrator CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to place files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, you should open Illustrator either from your desktop or by coming down to the bottom-left corner of the screen and clicking the Windows icon.This will reveal a list of your recently used programs. You may see Illustrator there. It has a brown-and-orange icon with the letters "Ai".Advertisement
- 5Click "New...".It is the first option in the drop down menu. Alternatively, press "Ctrl" + "N" on the keyboard. You can also open an existing document from the menu. A pop-up window will appear for you to edit the settings of your new document. For more information on these settings, please see the following tutorials: "Use Templates to Create a New Document", "Create a New Document", and "Open Existing Files".
- 9Select a folder and click one file that you would like to place.You can select templates or your own image. If you select a PDF file with multiple pages, you can choose the page you want. When you click the file you want to import, you will notice a thumbnail appearing at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- 19You can click and drag your object to place it where it should appear on the document.You can also resize it by clicking and dragging the small squares. If you do not see the proper picture that you want to place inside of the blue frame, try to place the file again into the document. Using the file menu is the best way to place a file in Illustrator. Although you can and drag and drop files, Illustrator might be stricter about the types of files it accepts.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to how to place files in Adobe Illustrator. If you have any questions or queries regarding this tutorial, just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Place File in Adobe Illustrator CS6
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Freya