Pick the Right Boots for Your Body Type
Edited by Rowan, Rebecca M., Robbi, Lynn and 14 others
When autumn arrives, it is time to get your fashionable winter shoes ready. Wearing closed-toe shoes and boots requires some work to make the body look sexy. Not every pair of boots will work for all body types and shapes because every body shape is different. Some shoes or boots might make the body look sexy by complementing it, and others can accent things on your body you'd prefer not to highlight.
You should also be aware that picking the right heel height for you to make your body look its best. Most women want to be perfectly dressed while hiding the areas of their bodies they are insecure about. No matter how cold it is, being fashionable is a must!
You don't have to suffer while you're trying to buy a pair of boots, but you also shouldn't go to the store and just buy any pair you see and like. You need to choose the style of boots best suited to you, wisely. The right style of boots will help you walk with confidence.
- 1 Know Your Body Type
- 2 Picking the Right Boots
- 3 Tips
4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Pear shaped knee high boots?
- 4.2 Is black "Aquatalia Sweetie" short quilted motorcycle type boot OK for my body type?
- 4.3 Work dress boots help please?
- 4.4 Would like to purchase some ankle boots that are right for my shape.
- 4.5 My body type is rectangular, which boots best suit me?
- 4.6 I'm wondering - should I really stay away from mid-calf boots? Is there a way I can look good in them? I figured my height and long legs would help? I guess I'm wondering what kind of mid-calf boots can I wear if any?
- 4.7 Hi, I am apple shape and 5feet 6inches tall.
- 4.8 How to dress up formally for winter in a woolen coat and boots?
- 4.9 I am 5.4 ft tall with normal figure, not slim.
- 4.10 Best boots for thin ankles but large thighs?
- 4.11 Tall, 5' 9.5" person hourglass figure, slender body.
- 4.12 What to dress for apple shape body with short height?
- 4.13 Wide foot, skinny leg over knee boots. Shortish, thin legs. Stockist for these details?
- 4.14 How can I make my one-size big boots look a size smaller as in my size?
- 4.15 I'm 6' tall. I want a pair of true cowgirl boots, but they are only 12" tall and barely make it mid-calf?
- 4.16 If I have thick thighs and rear end, which type of boot works best to slim my larger areas?
- 4.17 Should I wear navy blue ankle boots with a little inner heel on one day tour to a place involving some trekking?
- 4.18 I'm 4ft 11in I have a very curvy hourglass figure large breast small waist I'm a betty hoop figure because I'm so short I am not sure what boot will work please help?
- 4.19 Rowan I'm tall plus size girl what sort of boots I should opt for?
- 5 Comments
Know Your Body Type
In order to know what type of boots will suit you best, follow the guide to help you make the right choice when you go shopping for winter boots. This way you will have a killer sense of fashion because you won't only have a cute or stylish pair of boots, but you will also have the right ones that make you look like a fashion expert and a model.
Know Your Height Category
It's simple because all you need to do is figure out whether you are considered a short, average or tall person. This is something that you probably have known since you hit puberty, and the people around you must have told you how tall or short you are. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average height of a woman is around 1.63 m, but you need to understand that every country's average is different.
Consider Your Body Shape
This is something you can figure out by looking in the mirror and taking a good look at your body. If you do find yourself puzzled about your body shape, then focus on knowing where you gain weight. For example, an apple-shaped person tends to gain weight easiest around the waist. Taking your measurements while standing in front of the mirror in your underwear will also help you understand your body type. You should take the measurements of:
- 1Your shoulder width.Advertisement
- 2The circumference of your bust.Advertisement
- 3The circumference of your waist.
- 4The circumference of your bust hips.
Based on the measurements you took and wrote down, you can determine your body shape.
You can know what your body shape is by the following:
- 1If your body measurements are proportional around the hips and bust, and you gain weight equally in these areas while having a small or narrow waistline; then you are one of the curvy women with an Hourglass figure, which is also known as the 8 body shape.Hourglass.
- 2If your body measures wider at the upper part from bust, to shoulders, while having a flat waistline and narrower hips, or you gain weight faster around the bust area; then you have an Inverted Triangle body shape.Inverted Triangle.
- 3If your body measures bigger around the hips, thighs and rear area, and you gain weight at these places easily, while having a smaller waist, bust, and shoulders; then you are one of the curvy people who have a Pear or Triangle body shape.Pear or Triangle.
- 4If you find your hips, waist, bust, and shoulders are equal in measures, and you gain weight around the stomach and your whole body equally, with no defined curve lines, then you are one of the people who have a Banana body shape, which is also called Rectangle.Rectangle.
- 5If your body gains weight around the midsection (that is the stomach, waistline, and rear), and face, and you have bigger measurements from the waist up to your shoulders, with smaller hips and slimmer legs; then you have the body shape of an Apple.Apple.
Picking the Right Boots
Now that you know your body shape, it's easier to choose boots that will flatter your figure.