Pick a Perfect Babysitter
Edited by Jeffrey Casel, Charmed, Eng, Ephraim and 1 other
People want to find the perfect babysitter for their child and also for the uniqueness of the family. Here are some several steps to help you find that "perfect" babysitter for your family.
Choosing a good babysitter is very important because you want to ensure that your children are safe in your absent during any activity that you are performing at the time. There are a lot of things to loos for when hiring a babysitter for they in fact will need to be not only trusted by you but also comfortable to your children. There are a lot of ways to look for a babysitter but some avenues are good for some and not for others when picking out a babysitter. If you do not feel comfortable with any aspect of your babysitter then you will need to not hire them for being uncomfortable can be a sign that something is not right when hiring them to watch your children. Below will be a number of ways that you can explore when choosing your new babysitter to watch over your child.
If you have friends who also have children you can in fact go to them in order to get a broad idea of where you can hire a babysitter. Your friends will have the same idea that you have when it comes to finding a babysitter which in turn can help you to decide on where to look for your babysitter for your children. Recommendations can come from friends but also from other places that you can search in order to get an idea of who to hire from other people that you trust in order to watch your children.
- 3Social networks are also a place where people who need extra money turn to in order to make a little extra cash when it comes to babysitting so you will be able to not only find them but explore their social network background in order to decide on whether or not they are a good candidate.
- 5Stay away from recommendations on craigslist for a lot of time it can be people on there who can be predators and should not be trusted so by going on craigslist ensure that you are checking them out effectively to be safe as not all people are bad people to consider for hiring.
Check Their Background
When it comes to babysitter understand that there are a lot of things that you should look at before hiring in order to ensure that they meet your requirements and satisfaction. Checking their background should only consist of criminal background but also other things that will contribute the overall demeanor and skill set of this particular person. Below are a number of things that you should look for when considering to hire a babysitter.
- 1See if the babysitter has children of their own which will let you know that they have been around a situation where they have had to take care of a child.This quality should help you feel better about hiring for they meet qualifications that will allow you to feel more comfortable for they have in fact taking care of children in their past.Advertisement
- 2See if the babysitter has siblings because regardless of how old they are they have in fact taken care of another person in a child like sense on a daily basis in their past.This will only pertain to people who have siblings younger than them for if their siblings are older chances are they didn't need to lend a helping hand to take care of someone who was in fact older than them in their household.
- 3When gaining this information as them about things that they have done when taking care of either their child or sibling to get an understanding of how they reacted when taking care of their younger people in their household.
Babysitters will give out a resume to potential parents and along with the resume they will have references on their sheet. A lot of parents ignore this part of the resume seeing that they have people to call but do not actually call them to double check which can prove to be a big mistake. References should be family members, friends or previous employers (is possible to obtain) but if your babysitter has stated that they have baby sat for another family ensure that they have put hem down as a reference for if they haven't then that should be a red flag to notice. Here are some other things to consider about the potential babysitters references.
- 2If possible set up a meeting with the references to talk face to face with them for some people actually create a series of people in order to give references who may not actually live at the set addresses or be contacted at the number given.
- 3Ask the references things about the babysitter that they have stated on their resume just to double check if the information that they have provided is actually true rather than false.
Research the Rate
The rate in times can be one of the important factors when choosing a babysitter but there are certain things that you will need to do in order to ensure that the rate is reasonable for not only yourself but the neighborhood that you are living in at the time for there will be other babysitters in your area. There are a number of ways in order to ensure that the rate is reasonable.
- 1Ask friends who have babysitters in order to compare the rate that your babysitter is suggesting at the time.
- 3Think about the rate that is being asked but compare it to the responsibility that you will given them whether it is them taking your child out of the house, purchasing food, cooking meals number of hours and also the age of your child for the younger the child the higher the rate in some cases.
- 4When looking at the rate understand that high is a problem but can also ensure that you are paying for good service for a cheap babysitter will take cheap care of your child at times while a more expensive babysitter will take better care of your child.
Questions to ask
There is no problem with you questioning your babysitter for this is your child that you will be leaving behind with this person and there is nothing wrong with being sure. When talking to your babysitter there are a number of things that you can ask them in order to reassure yourself that they are a good potential babysitter for you and your child.
- 1Give them scenarios of certain things that can happen to your child in the house and ask them of ways that they would help the situation
- 2Ask them questions about their past experiences with watching a child
- 3Ask them about the prior family that they dealt with if they have told you that they in fact have watched children previously
- 4Ask why they are not with the previous family at this time
- 5Ask them of any type situation that they have found themselves in when watching a childAdvertisement
Tips and Tricks
1.Write down the skills or requirements that a babysitter should possess that include interests, housework activities, and the experience and education that he/she has. Try to ask your fellow neighbors on some requirements that are needed for a nanny.
2.Put down ads online or in the newspaper and explain the requirements that your family need and be more specific that way, a better match will come to you.
3.Sort out the applicants from least favorite to the best candidate for the job.
4.Interview the best ones first, pick the top three applicants and invite them for an interview in a quiet place and is far away from home. After a few days of the interview, pick the best applicant among the three to spend time with your child maybe on a playground or in your home.
5.Run a background check of your applicant, that way, you could learn more about him/her. You could search him/her at Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to see if they implicit foul languages. Try to go to his/her school and ask his/her teachers about his/her behavior and characteristics as well. After that, you could hire him/her and get the best out of the rest.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Baby & Toddler
Recent edits by: Ephraim, Eng, Charmed