Edited by Annette, Anonymous, Calob Horton, Dougie-1 and 6 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 My phone keeps going silent when making/receiving a call. What can I do to fix this?
- 1.2 My phone seems to be in mute mode but I cannot find out how to turn it OFF. I am running Android 5.0.1?
- 1.3 An immediate mute of an incoming SMS notification?
- 1.4 My phone has no sound while there is an incoming call?
- 1.5 How to get my Galaxy S4 to vibrate only when on mute. I want my phone to only notify me via vibration when I get a text or call but I do not want it to make any sound? any suggestions would be appreciated?
- 1.6 My phone speaks what you listen to?
- 1.7 My phone isn't ringing when I get a call, it only vibrates?
- 1.8 S4 earphone is not working. It thinks earphones connected while they are not?
- 1.9 Why can I not hear the person on other end when calling?
- 1.10 Mobile goes into do not disturb mode after call ended?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
My phone keeps going silent when making/receiving a call. What can I do to fix this?
My phone works fine for a while but then I go to make a call or receive a call and all sound goes off. I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. I might hear the dialing but then it just goes quiet before the call is answered.
There are a number of things you can do to try to fix your Samsung Galaxy S4's phone call problems. First, restart your phone. This will allow your phone to reconnect to your carrier's network to fix any potential problems there. Once your phone has restarted, make a call again and see if you can hear the person and that they can hear you. If it fixes the problem, you're all set; if not, you will need to continue troubleshooting. While you're in your call, make sure that your phone's volume is turned up by pressing the Volume Up button on the side of your Samsung Galaxy S4. Your phone call volume should now get louder. In addition, make sure your phone call Mute button is not enabled, which would prevent your Samsung Galaxy S4's microphone from picking up your voice, resulting in the other party not being able to hear you. If your phone's volume is turned up and your microphone is not muted, end the phone call and turn your phone completely off. Take out the SIM card (if you don't know how, you can follow the instructions in this awesome VisiHow guide), reinsert the SIM card, and turn your phone back on and make a phone call. If you are still unable to hear or be heard, follow these steps to clear your Phone application's cache and data to make sure there are no software faults that are preventing you from making proper phone calls:
- 1Press your phone's Home button.
- 2Tap the Apps icon, which looks like a grid and is located in the lower right-hand corner of your display.
- 3Scroll to and tap on the Settings application icon to open your Samsung Galaxy S4's Settings application.
- 4Tap the More tab.
- 5Tap Application manager.
- 6Swipe to the All tab.
- 7Scroll to the Phone application.
- 8Tap Clear cache and Clear data.
- 9Restart your phone.
Once your phone is restarted, place another call to see if your issue is still there. If it is, you will need to perform a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S4 (which will wipe all of your phone's data, so be sure to back it up with Samsung Kies). Once the reset is done, see if you can place a proper call. If you can't after following and doing all of these steps, your phone has a hardware malfunction. You will either need to go to your carrier's nearest store or contact Samsung's customer support service to schedule a repair or replacement for your device. Depending on your warranty terms and the severity of the issue, you may or may not have to pay for the repairs or replacement.
My phone seems to be in mute mode but I cannot find out how to turn it OFF. I am running Android 5.0.1?
My phone seems to be in mute mode but I cannot find out how to turn it OFF. I am running Android 5.0.1
In your Phone Settings, there is a feature called Do Not Disturb. This is where you can turn the Mute off in addition to the Volume hard keys on the side of the phone. There is a top toggle to turn it on or off and then a feature to set what you want muted and for how long. In addition, there is a More Settings for further configuration. Now this is easy to be on the phone and turn on with your cheek if the screen is not locked to black while on a phone call. I myself have done this several times on the Droid X Play. This was rolled out with Android Lollipop 5.0.1 and has continued with Marshmallow OS as well.
An immediate mute of an incoming SMS notification?
Hi, I have defined my incoming SMS notification to a 20 seconds MP3. Is there a way to stop the notification sound immediately when it arrives? Thanks for your help
There are a few ways you can do this:
- 1Edit the MP3 down.
- 2Get a Silent ringtone and switch it on when you want silence or are texting back and forth.
- 3If you have Lollipop or Marshmallow OS you can set your Priority under Sounds and Notifications>Interruptions.You can star contacts in there or do other setting changes.
My phone has no sound while there is an incoming call?
When someone calls I have no sound. I don't hear it ring.
- 1Disable Media Auto in Bluetooth settings and turn off Bluetooth entirely unless you are using it.
- 2Check to see if Call Forwarding is Disabled or dial *73.
- 3If you silence your phone when sleeping this also can mess things up.Check those settings.
- 4Make sure Do Not Disturb is enabled.
- 5Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery although this can be just a temporary fix.
- 6Clear the cache in the Phone app which can be found under Application Manager.
- 7Last resort, do a hard reset on the device.
How to get my Galaxy S4 to vibrate only when on mute. I want my phone to only notify me via vibration when I get a text or call but I do not want it to make any sound? any suggestions would be appreciated?
Phone on silent mode, won't vibrate so I keep missing calls
The main VisiHow article on this page Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy S4 tells you how to find the Vibrate function. It is basically one step above Silent in the sequence.
See more questions like this: My Phone doesn't ring or vibrate when receiving a call?
My phone speaks what you listen to?
Speaker will not come on when talking to someone when driving, any other time it does, I must have done something?
You have enabled the Bluetooth to pair with your car speakers or somehow did something with S Voice/TalkBack however, TalkBack would not just disable itself so somehow your phone's Bluetooth connected to your car or a Bluetooth gadget in your car and this is why you can't hear calls while driving because it is going through the Bluetooth.
My phone isn't ringing when I get a call, it only vibrates?
When I get a call it only vibrates
Hold down your Volume Up button or go into your Settings for Do Not Disturb or the volume settings in the drop down to change it.
S4 earphone is not working. It thinks earphones connected while they are not?
S4 earphone is not working. It thinks earphones connected while they are not
Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery Mode and clear out all your Bluetooth pairings.
Why can I not hear the person on other end when calling?
Unable to hear the person on other end when calling.
You did not mention what type of phone you have but for some iPhones you need to push a button on the top of the phone to enable the speakers. Other phones can get stuck in headset mode which this could be your issue. You also could disable Voice Privacy in your Phone app settings if you have Lollipop or Marshmallow. Finally, if none of these resolve the issue, perform a hard reset. That would disable any one of numerous other things that could be causing your issue like a 3rd party app interference or something enabled causing this.
Mobile goes into do not disturb mode after call ended?
Mobile goes into do not disturb mode after call ended. I have tried: Online tried. I think it was caused by: I do not know
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: joancastro, heather herbert, arielm