Personalize Your Windows 8 Lock Screen
Edited by Yuliya, Eng, Anonymous
Hi, you're watching VisiHow and today we're going to teach you how to personalize your Windows 8 user account.
- 2Once pressed, this will open up the Windows tile-screen.There are a number of different ways that you can access the settings, and each of them takes you to a different type of setting. For our purposes, we're going to go down here to the actual PC settings option. We're going to click on that one time.Advertisement
- 7You can also select to play a slideshow on the lock screen.Just click it to turn it on, or click it to turn it off. When you turn it on, you can go and choose any of these that you like, or you can add your own simply by browsing. When it's on, you can browse through pictures, add folders, include your camera roll, include pictures that will fit on your screen, play a slideshow when using battery power, or when your PC is inactive, show the lock screen instead of turning off the screen. I'm going to go ahead and turn that off, as I don't use the slides.
- 8The other thing you can do is set lock screen apps, which will run in the background and show you quick statuses and notifications even when the screen is locked.For example, I can set my alarms, my calendar, my mail, my Skype, or my weather. I'm not going to use any of those, however if I wanted to, for example, we'll go ahead and set alarms. Alarms can be clicked and now that will be set as a lock screen. If I should go here, I can also click calendar. However, I don't want to have these, so I'll click "don't show quick status" here.
- 9I can also display detailed status.For example, on my calendar. And the same option applies, I can "don't show the detailed status" on the lock screen. I can also have an app to show my alarms. At the moment I only have alarms, but I could go to the Microsoft App Store and get other alarm applications. Again, we're going to not show alarms on the lock screen.
- 11And that's how you personalize your lock screen.Thank you for watching VisiHow, and have a great day.Advertisement
Video: Personalize Your Windows 8 Lock Screen
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Eng, Yuliya